[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

35, single, imprisoned by life & job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I have it a rock in my life. All my friends are in different parts of their lives, and I've recently got a job in a city that I know no one in. At 35 and single, it is damn near impossible to find anything to do-- with someone.

With this new job, I now have income to treat myself. Fuck buying gadgets as that will only imprison me more in a my small apartment.

All I have ever wanted to do was go to a white sanded beach with clear blue water. I don't care too much about being around too many people, but my day would go like this:

Swim, walk the beach, relax on the beach, swim more, then the night would be restaurant or whatever else I could find there by talking to a few locals. The other aspect is snorkling. I just want this for 1 week-- by myself. Most people recommended I just go on a cruise.

Where is the best place to go for a single dude thats not too far outside the US. Your budget is $1500-$2000 (of course, the cheaper the better)

Pic related.
>>
>>1238513
Well, a cruise lets you experience the best of some islands (daytime beach pursuits) with a new location each day. They're also quite inexpensive double occupancy (which you are not). They can be a touch lonely if you get introspective and feel weird dining alone. Immerse in a book or tablet, and you'll be fine, though. What's nice about the islands? Their private island experiences are very well thought out and utterly safe and relaxing. They are what the Caribbean could be if there were no crime or hassles. I think I like RC's island best. If you do nassau you can do a floating day at Atlantis.

Best snorkeling is Grand Cayman. With "The Wall" dropoff nature of the island (it's the extreme top of an underwater mountain), the reef is immediately offshore right on the beach, longstandingly protected from fishing and abuse, and full of friendly released turtles. You can add the Stingray City experience as well. Take a boat out with a guide if you want to do actual diving (and why not? it's a safe place to do it with the regulated industry required skill in your guides and the barometric chamber), or you can take the submarine down the Wall.

Next favorite is probably Key Largo's Pennekamp or Looe Key or maybe take a catamaran out of Key West to snorkel. Combine a drive down into the Keys with a couple great nights in Miami Beach, and you'd have a good time as a single person all week.

Next favorite would probably be St. John. Another rental car needed kind of thing, but Trunk Bay's underwater signs and friendly fish is great, and when you combine it with a day's drive through the national park and sugar mill ruins, and a little hike filled with mongoose sightings you'd be happy. You could do a couple nights at a treehouse kind of eco lodge there, and then hit up Magen's Bay or other beaches on St. Thomas before your week is up.

If you can do without the snorkeling, the west coast of Florida is full of top beaches and cold springs both.
>>
>>1238513
Cozumel Mexico is great for snorkling, you can stay in Playa Del Carmen and take a ferry over there for the day. You can also scuba the reefs there too http://www.reefquestdiversmexico.com/ or take a day trip to Isla de Mujeres for snorkling.

Playa there is really only one major street 5th ave where all the restaurants and bars are located so you just find some other tourists and hang out with them, they'll prob be from Argentina or DF Mexico or other Americans.

Otherwise there is Cuba since you can go there now if American (I think in Sept?), Eagle Beach Aruba, or US virgin islands like Trunk Bay.

Puerto Rico is full of beaches too. Just know what a Manchineel Tree (beach apple) looks like, they grow all over the beaches of Antigua/Florida and the caribbean and you don't want to accidentally touch one or even be near it if it rains/burns they're highly poisonous.
>>
>>1238524

I was told that cruises have mixer dining tables for single people and it's quite easy to make new friends. It's also reasonably easy to get laid if you're halfway good looking. True?
>>
Most of the beach destinations near the US end up being either couple, college kid, or group-party oriented. Cancun, Jamaica, Aruba, etc - most of the places people will tell you about will end up being kinda depressing as a single guy at 35.

I'd recommend some spots in Mexico. Tulum might be good, you can get there cheaply by flying into Cancun and taking a bus down. Playa del Carmen is good too, but it's a bit hectic and party-oriented. Not exactly great for relaxation.

I'm a huge fan of Mazunte and Zipolite, but it's a totally different vibe (more hippie) and perhaps not as easy for a first trip like this. But look into Mazunte and see if it really calls to you.

You could also go somewhere and fuck cheap hookers along with your beach time. Costa Rica is the easiest place for that, but Cuba or Dominican Republic could be good too, especially if you speak Spanish.
>>
>>1238524

Awesome information! Now I gotta research and see which one i want to do.
>>
I also want to add that I am certainly not afraid to dine alone.
>>
>>1238533
Certainly the more traditional cruises that have assigned dinner seating will put together single people. Though some of these single people are widows in their sixties. That's still better than being the odd man out in a table consisting otherwise of a single extended family.
I've never attempted to get laid on a cruise ship, so can't speak to that question.
>>
Any island in Hawaii.

Mexico - Cancun, Los Cabos (such as Cabo San Lucas), Cancun, Acapulco, and anywhere in the Yucatan Peninsula.

-Belize

-The Bahamas

And since you're single, I recommend staying in a hostel. Have fun.
>>
>>1238524
afaik cruisers are for couples. The logic is quite simple - you are paying for a cabin, and a cabin is for 2. A single is paying double the price. And once you are tehre you can't escape. Don't fall into that trap OP
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.