[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking prescription drugs without a prescription on a plane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 17298001_BG1.jpg (1MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
17298001_BG1.jpg
1MB, 3072x2048px
I live in the UK and am going to be going to work in Switzerland for 2 months between May and July. I've gotten used to taking Armodafinil on a fairly regular basis to boost my work quality so would like to take 40-50 pills with me for my trip to help keep that up if possible.

I don't have a prescription for it but it's perfectly legal in both countries if you do. Considering they don't have any identifying features on them will I be able to get away with bringing that much in checked in baggage and if so what would be the best way to go about it? Take them out of their blisters and put them in a vitamin pills bottle? A pill organiser? Or just keep them as they are and hope for the best?

Mailing them to where I'll be living is another option but I've heard Swiss post can be super strict so perhaps that's best avoided. Thanks in advance.
>>
It's really difficult to say for sure, but for the love of christ don't assume that bringing them as unmarked pills will make it any easier for you. It won't.
Because if you have a ziplock bag of 40-50 unmarked pills (which they'll see btw), best case scenario is that they confiscate it. But I would count on being questioned formally about it as well, maybe even detained since the Swiss are pretty strict about border policing. HMRC and the UK Border Force aren't any different to be honest.
Just pack them inside the boxes they came in, marked Armodafinil or something like that. They're not going to ask for a prescription if it's a marked, brand name drug that's of no interest to the Police (it has no real value as contraband).
Just bring it as if it were something you had a prescription for. Trying to hide, unmark or anything of the sort will attract attention and get you in shit. Guaranteed.
Maybe place half of them in your hold luggage too (if you have the ability). 2 small packs of Armodafinil in both of your luggage items won't attract any attention whatsoever. This is coming from someone who knows people that takes heaps of prescription drugs with them on holiday (2-3x your amount) and never get bothered since they're all packaged properly.
>>
>>1238492
Go see a doctor, explain that
1) you've been diagnosed in the past for this disorder ADD
2) you haven't taken meds past the first couple pills but did find that brand/strength to be just right
3) you have gotten some again...uhhh that you found in your old bathroom box from when you moved and forgot you had it
4) you took them this past week and YIKES running out of them (do not explain what you've been doing that isn't prescribed to you EVER)
6) get a prescription and become legit.
>>
I was worried about my antihistamines even when I first started travelling, so I kept them in their original packaging...
Since I got benzos and some other strong stuff in Cambodia due to reasons (all perfectly legal from a hospital), and not even Singapore asked anything... I don't care.
You're more likely get stopped at a festival entrance for it than an airport in ny experience. (I always get questioned cause of antihistamines at festivals.)
>>
>>1238514
Seems a bit complicated Tbh, plus I'd rather not have stuff on my health record in case I ever need a clear one for something in future if I can avoid it.

>>1238500
>>1238515
Thanks for the reassurance guys, guess I'll just take them as they are and put them in the checked in luggage then. Worst case scenario I just say I forgot the prescription information because I was in a rush and they get confiscated. I can't imagine any worse than that would happen unless I had a ridiculously high number which I won't need for a couple of months. Switzerland is pretty much the most litigious country on earth though so I guess if I'm ever going to have shitty misfortune going into somewhere it would be there.
>>
>>1238519
The drug most people run into problems with is Codeine - in some places like Turkey it's classed exactly the same as other typically illegal Opiates.

Taking a recognised medication in it's original packaging through customs to Switzerland won't even raise an eyebrow though.
>>
>>1238492
I travel with paracetamol, melatonin, piracetam, charcoal, garlic, zinc, citicoline, benadryl, cetirizine, vitamin c, vitamin d3 tablets and a big tub of white magnesium powder.

You'll be fine, just keep them in something resembling a normal package. If they're in blisters, then they'll have text on the seal explaining what they are. This is likely all you will need as far as info goes. "Armodafinil" is not exactly crack cocaine, it rings no alarm bells, in fact it rings no bells whatsoever.

Most of my tablets are in sealed in their "blisters" (new term for me but useful) and the blisters are all tossed in the same little zip-bag without their cardboard boxes.

What, you think they spend their time grilling people about their heart and AIDS pills? If you're asked, which you are not likely to be unless you have dreadlocks and tattoos on your face, you "forgot" your prescription.
>>
Am I able to bring my pills in my weekly pill organizer? Anyone have any experience with that?
>>
>>1238709
>>1238719
Thanks guys, saved me from being an idiot. Guess I should be fine.
>>
>>1238709
> Taking a recognised medication in it's original packaging through customs to Switzerland won't even raise an eyebrow though.

This, absolutely this. It's a stupidly small amount that you're taking in the grand scheme of things. Just take it in its original packaging and noone will care.
>>
>>1238492
I usually bring a box/container/jar from a non-prescription meds. Like magnesium, multivitamins etc. And fill them with something I actually want to use.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.