[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

East African Travel Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: AfricaMap[1].png (429KB, 2267x2400px) Image search: [Google]
AfricaMap[1].png
429KB, 2267x2400px
I'm going to Tanzania on a medical mission but will be flying into Africa via Kenya (NBO) on a round trip. I have my visa and what not worked out, but am I screwed coming back to Kenya to catch my flight after finishing my work in Tanzania? I heard there's some dealie where you can travel freely though eastern Africa but I'm not sure of the specifics. Would I need another transit visa in addition to the one I'll need to get through Kenya?
>>
Where are you from? If western you should be fine. Flights to Europe are easy (esp. Geneva, Zurich, Frankfurt, others) and you could always fly there and transfer.
>>
>>1238478
I lived in Kenya for a while.. you can go by bus from tanzania to Nairobi.. it takes like 20 hours.

coach buses are good though, with leather seats and airco, television screens and things like that. very modern.

depends where you come from.. if you are from a western country you can simply buy a visa (basically a stamp in your passport) for around 50 dollar at the Kenyan border.
>>
>>1239172
I'm addition. If you are not from some shithole country the only thing you need to get in and out of Kenya is a stamp in your passport..

When I was in kenya I went to Uganda and Tanzania and had no problems at all going in and out of kenya.

yes there might be some crooked border guards that want 10 or 20 dollar extra but that's nothing.
>>
Maybe we could expand this thread into Tanzania general.

I may be going there within the year. What sort of budget should a reasonably average traveler have for a month?
The best times and places to go and all that general info that you think important. Maybe there's a civil war going that I haven't heard of.

Share your stories of traveling Tanzania pls!
>>
>>1240272
Nobody here has been to Tanzania. You better go to Thailand instead.
>>
>>1240272
Dar Es Salaam and Zanzibar are complete shitholes rife with crime. By crime I mean 1990s South Africa levels of crime where it was a free for all of car jackings and robberies you're crazy for going there. OP will be fine as his medical mission will give him armed security you won't have.

Go to Malawi next door instead. Next to no crime, no acid attacks on tourists either http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/zanzibartanzania/11870313/Zanzibar-acid-attack-survivors-We-have-lost-faith-in-ever-getting-justice.html
>>
>>1241121
Well shit. Zanzibar looks so inviting from distance and I really want to see Serengeti and Kilimanjaro and all that natural wonder.
>>
>>1241121
This is bullshit. I have some friends who just recently visited both and had 0 problems. If you're semi-experienced traveling on the Continent then you'll be fine.
>>
>>1241458
Semi experienced traveller but never been to Africa. Is Tanzania good place to start?
>>
ausfag here went to kenya and tanzania in 2007 (I know a long time ago) for 5 weeks as part of a youth mission, U prob need transit visa to get back into kenya just to get your flight or fly out of dar es salaam

Great place to start africa travel... exercise regular caution crime happens but be sensible and you wont get in trouble. Most people like east asians most people like whiteys (the non-american varietal), very few like african americans,
>>
>>1240272
its so awesome its cheap everything (except some souvenirs and made in china anyway) beer and cigarettes, hotels are great and cheap and safe if you are sensible, climbing mt kilimanjaro takes 4 days one of the best and biggest mountain climbs in the world. Best thing to do in the country. serengeti and Ngorogoro crater safari takes 5 - 7 days, I saw everything... the big 5... Im biased but its gotta be the best place to do a safari ... the worlds highest concentration of wildlife and the worlds tallest free standing mountain... then you have zanzibar ... swimming with dolphins snorkelling reefs and the immense history of that place... stone town and livingstones house... and the slave trade history is just a must see. I worked in a school for 4 weeks in that was the best thing I did if you can go with a youth group or a mission and be a part of the community thats the way to go.
>>
>>1241121
Well shit, planning to book a trip to Zanzibar later this year. Then again i'm half Arab so i'm not that afraid. But then again how resentfull are the locals still against Arabs about the slave trade? Not from the Gulf but Morocco, so perhaps that helps.
>>
>>1241823
When Zanzabar got independent there were anti-Arab pogroms.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.