[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian-style Sanatoria?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 20432740.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20432740.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Thanks to some entirely unplanned good luck, in 3 weeks I'll be in Jeti-Oguz, Kyrgyzstan where there is a old Soviet-era sanatorium I can check into for a couple of days.

Have any Anons visited one before? I just want some relaxation, a few treatments and a dip in the hot springs. I'm quite happy to go with the flow,but having never been to one previously, I'm not entirely sure what to expect. Is it likely to be expensive? What kind of treatments might I find at one?
Any info appreciated.
>>
>relaxation
>Soviet-era sanatorium

Don't get me wrong, anon, it's going to be amazing, but like... More interesting than relaxing.

Just bumping
>>
File: heidelbergbelt.jpg (185KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
heidelbergbelt.jpg
185KB, 600x413px
>>1238523
>More interesting than relaxing.
I've got visions of electrodes and equipment that looks suspiciously like a Tesla coil, and a 400lb "Massage Therapist" called Boris.

Ah well, as usual I'm just going to launch headlong into it, see what happens, and have a few good shots of Kyrgyz cognac.
>>
Some soviet-style sanatoria in Russia are now converted into 5*-level hotels and are really worth visiting...
>Jeti-Oguz, Kyrgyzstan
oh, nevermind
>>
File: 20432590.jpg (48KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
20432590.jpg
48KB, 500x375px
>>1238738
This one doesn't appear to have been renovated since the Kruschev era, which to me is all part of the attraction. I'll be surprised if they've even got a reliable electricity supply. Still, it was good enough at some points in history for Gagarin and Yeltsin to have visited.
>>
>>1238213
It's usually ridiculously expensive and outstandingly shitty. The latter includes everything from accommodation to food.
>>
>>1238213
If they're anything like the sanatoria here a little bit west of Russia, expect a vacation spot for constantly complaining old people instead of a relaxing spa.
>>
File: 100813-5-the-room.jpg (483KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
100813-5-the-room.jpg
483KB, 1024x768px
>>1239035
>outstandingly shitty
>accommodation
It seems the interior design of the rooms has been inspired by a prison. See pic related.
>food
I'm English. It's not going to be any worse, is it now?
>>1239056
>a vacation spot for constantly complaining old people
Imma fit right in no problem.

I'm actually hoping for something that's just the tolerable side of dreadful, so I doubt I'm going to be disappointed.
>>
maybe OP wants to read something during his stay:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_Mountain

Also about a sanatorium.
>>
>>1238213
Do not expect staff to speak English. I suggest using google translator, but be aware that some Kyrgyz people don't even speak good Russian.
>>
>>1239073
you have no idea how bad Russian food is
>>
>>1239178
Russian *not fucking soviet* (and Kyrgyzian) traditional food is actually very good, anon. But the shit they feed you in soviet-tier sanatoriums is soviet nasty bland food, the kind you'd get in a hospital in a 3rd world country.
>>
>>1239181
the sanotorium will definitely be the worst
>>
File: EAT MORE LARD.jpg (57KB, 564x733px) Image search: [Google]
EAT MORE LARD.jpg
57KB, 564x733px
>>1239177
I'm well used to having to mime and draw my way through a huge language barrier.

>>1239178
Well, there's only one way to find out.

>>1239181
There's quite a number of foods I'd like to try. I understand vegetarianism isn't a thing there, so my carnivorous instinct should be pleased. I've got an invite to go meet a family, so should get to enjoy some real Kyrgyz home cooking with any luck.

>>1239183
I suspect you're right in many, many ways.. Whatever happens, it'll no doubt be memorable.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.