[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking my father to either Scotland or Ireland, which should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: HeDoesn'tKnow.png (1MB, 953x536px) Image search: [Google]
HeDoesn'tKnow.png
1MB, 953x536px
So my father is getting up there in years and I plan on taking him either Scotland or Ireland. Which one should I go to and which cities should I check out? He has always wanted to go to both but I want to know which would be best in /trv/s opinion. He loves site seeing.
>>
>>1238125
Edinburgh is a must, Glasgow for nightlife, places like St Andrews and the Cairngorms are lovely too
>>
>>1238131
My father isn't big on night life, he loves the sights and food though. I plan on taking him for about 3 weeks to a month. I've traveled throughout East Asia and South East Asia but I've never been to Europe so I know nothing about it, thanks for the advice though. I will look into Edinburgh.
>>
Why not combine the two and do Northern Ireland?
>>
now i got a similar request, however it wont be for more than a week of travels. This is supposed to be a present to my mothers 60th birthday. The idea is to just have them(mother and father) fly there, get them a rental and then post give them their location for the day every morning, getting them back to their departure flight in time. Visiting ireland has been a wish of hers for a long time, you guys know how it goes however. Work and daily duties keep her from just going. So ima force her...departure is the 1st or 2nd of may, returning at the end of the week.She took vacation there already, so im just going to redirect it, suspending the usual 2 day travel routine around germany. She has got a thing for history and nature. Help me plan this anons. She deserves it lots.
>>
Eirefag here, never been to Scotland but I can give some advice for Ireland
>I plan on taking him for about 3 weeks to a month
In that time you could probably see both countries. 2 weeks is plenty to see most of Ireland.
For the best sights, spend as little time in Dublin city as possible, 2 days top and most of the time on the west coast
Definitely recommend:
>quick look at the GPO
>glendalough
>Clew Bay/ Croach Patrick
>Galway city
Spend a while travelling the Wild Atlantic way, best way to do this is just rent a car and head off down roads that strike your fancy

>>1238310
Same applies though mostly, just have to condense it more if its only a week
>>
File: N ireland.jpg (91KB, 802x606px) Image search: [Google]
N ireland.jpg
91KB, 802x606px
>>1238125
Go to both, they are literally next to each other.

Take him to Ireland,do all the stuff you want to do, wind up in Northern Ireland -- there are some spots east of Giant's Causeway where you can see Scottish Islands on a clear day. Having glimpsed Scotland, go get a closer look.
>>
>>1238136
>3 weeks-month
Bruh just go to both of them, you can even hit England with that amount of time
>>
>>1239022
Yeah but I'm asking which cities I should visit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.