[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GPS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: dickpicreceived.jpg (55KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
dickpicreceived.jpg
55KB, 590x350px
>This does not work as a proper nav aid

OK /trv/, explain yourselves.
>>994511
>>
>>1238081
>>>/out/990889
>>
>>1238081
>I'm also bumping this because I'm sick of those fags on /trv/ saying "jus use your phone and Google maps"
NO. It doesn't work like that. If you are on a mountain trying to follow a trail in some 3rd world country you can't just whip out your phone and expect to get step by step walking directions from a fountain in your city park to the nearest Five Guys.

>I want a device that will point me towards my target and keep me on track with a colored map view anywhere in the word and a smartphone ain't gonna cut it.
>>
>>1238322
Why would you even go to places that don't have 4G/LTE?

It's 2017.
>>
>>1238081
https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6291838?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Is your whole family retarded as you?
>>
>>1238456
>Why would you even go to places that don't have 4G/LTE?

Not a very outdoorsy kind of guy, are you?

*snort*
>>
>>1238590
I am not him, but in some shit holes of cambodia I had 2g service and I would assume GPS tracking. I know GLONASS was everywhere I went in russia.
>>
>>1238600

GPS, yeah, 2G, maybe. But he was insisting on 4G, which rules out most of the best outdoor recreation even in the States.
>>
>>1238081
>doesn't work properly in china
>makes you totally reliant on your device, particularly it's battery life
>lacks hard information about elevation, track quality, bearing aids
>does not work offline
>does not work offline
>compass only reliable when device is static
>not waterproof, shockproof, can't really take a second copy

if you're going anywhere where you might experiance internet drop outs/blocks, anywhere where you won't have power for more than a day, or doing any walking serious enough for you to HAVE to know how long trails/rivers will take you precisely google maps is awful

maps.me is better all round for travelers
>>
File: this.jpg (115KB, 900x468px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
115KB, 900x468px
>>1238763
The only people who think Google maps on a phone is adequate are:
A) Londoners who flew over to Amsterdam for a Lad's week
B) LAfags who went to Bangkok to "bang exotic girls in an exotic place"

It won't work for anyone hiking in Cuba or mountain climbing in rural Congo or North Korea that's for sure, that's a little harder than finding that BJ bar downtown with the best reviews.

OP needs realtraveler(TM) sat-nav.
>>
>>1238081
It's the best to get somewhere if it has the metro and bus lines implemented into the system
>>
>needs internet

No mate, you can download offline maps and use GPS; and offline languages for Translate too.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.