[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpacking Eastern Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1484314332110.gif (472KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1484314332110.gif
472KB, 500x281px
Hey y'all, I am going to be backpacking from Amsterdam to Berlin to Prague to Bratislava to Budapest this summer and may have a little extra time and money at the tail end of the trip.

Are there any countries in Eastern Europe that you would recommend and why?
>>
>>1237733
Save some days from Bratislava (you can make it in 2 or 3) and go to Krakow
>>
>>1237733
>>1238013

Maybe even do Vienna instead of Bratislava. Or just spend only spend one night in Bratislava, it's worth a visit but there isn't a huge amount to see. Wander about the old town, eat some Halušky (definitely do this), drink some excellent cheap beer.

You wouldn't call it Eastern Europe I guess but Vienna is really worth a visit, especially if you like museums and galleries (go to the imperial burial crypt for sure). It's a stunning city (maybe my favourite in Europe) and the night life is pretty good too.

I would also try to avoid Bratislava on the weekend, it's a lot more chill before the 500 English stag dos descend on the place.
>>
Go to the Balkans. totally underrated. its by far my favourite place in europe. Hit up western serbia and Bosnia especially.
>>
not OP but I have a question...
assuming you're American or not from Europe at least, when you land at your port of entry and go through immigration, do you have return ticket to show them? If not do you show them your passage on from that particular country? is that good enough?
I was travelling through England for a awhile this Jan/Feb/, was gonna be there for nearly two months and had a return ticket back to the states. Landed at Heathrow and the immigration officer was giving me a hard time, I thought the return ticket would be enough but evidently not. Ended up getting through but was pretty stressful. It makes me wonder how much in the shit I'd be for not having a return and only an easyjet booked to paris or berlin or something would fuck me over.
How do yall do organize it? Is this a Heathrow/UK thing? I've flown into a few other big cities in Europe and the customs ppl didnt give two shits.
>>
>>1237733
Russia, Ukraine, Belarus.

Because they're actually in Eastern Europe as opposed to those that you've mentioned REEEEEEE and so on and so on
>>
>>1238015
But, if you go to Vienna from Prague, do Prague-Bratislava-Vienna, it's cheaper
>>
>>1237733
Bumping for interest, planning the same route this summer.

For how long will you be travelling OP?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.