[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Father passed and he left me a 67 shelby mustang. I am going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: GiUgGUg.jpg (128KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
GiUgGUg.jpg
128KB, 1366x768px
Father passed and he left me a 67 shelby mustang. I am going to be living in Japan in two months and will be there for 4+ years.

Anyone know how to import a vehicle there and have it be street legal? I am concerned on a number of levels that the Mustang won't pass a slew of tests being that it is both American and old.

Advice? Experience? Loop holes?
>>
>>1237722

Japanese regulations permit a private vehicle import relatively easily.

http://www.customs.go.jp/english/c-answer_e/keitaibetsuso/7306_e.htm
>>
>>123772 Don't they drive on the right in Japan? How can it be street legal?
>>
>>1237744
>How can it be street legal?
In the same way that I can legally take my car to France from the UK and drive it as normal, and it's why some JDM cars can be imported to the US. Consider it a rare piece of international co-operation.

It does make overtaking slightly harder though, thanks to more limited visibility when pulling out.

P.S the Japs drive on the left.
>>
>>1237722
Sorry about your dad mate
>>
>>1237765
Thanks man.

>>1237737
Rock on, thanks.
>>
did you get expelled from school
>insert twist

going to live with your mum and finish highschool

>protip

a 2j swap would be far better than a sr20
>>
There's bound to be laws allowing classic cars to be imported without modification. Here in Australia, if a car is something like 30 years or more old then you can drive it legally even if it's on the opposite side. Japan's car culture is pretty big so I'd imagine they'd have something similar. Maybe ask /o/ about it.
>>
>>1237722
>67 shelby mustang
mad jealous, sorry about ur dad anon
treat that car well
>>
Sorry about your dad, and I wish I could offer more than my condolences to you. Maybe check out /o/ and see if they can better answer your question?
>>
hey man, sorry about your Dad. Do yourself a favour and enjoy the car to the max but don't completely mentally attribute the memories and feeling associated with your father to the car. Those thing don't always last so long but your memories and things you have learned should.

No homo.
>>
looking at about 1200 dollars in taxes a year for the car

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/owning-a-car-in-japan-myths-and-reality-1770442115

When someone wants to buy a car in Japan, that person has to prove that he can park it, that he has a dedicated parking spot or a garage first. No proof of parking spot rental or ownership = no license plate for him. And unless you live in the middle of nowhere, parking can be expensive. In my 300k inhabitants city near Nagoya, I pay 9000 yen (83$) per month to park my car. If I were to live in Nagoya, I’d pay between 100 and 250$ per month. In Kyoto or Osaka, it would be between 150 and 400$. In Tokyo, the sky is pretty much the limit (200 to over 1000$). Parking for free on a side-street is also not something you can do in Japan, those types of spots simply do not exist and you HAVE to go in a pay-park. When thinking about it though, prices are not that different than other big cities everywhere else in the world. The main difference with the rest of the world, is how expensive it is to travel around. Freeways are VERY expensive in Japan. On average it will cost you about 25cts per kilometers on ANY freeway in the country. If you chose not to use freeways, your travelling time will double or triple in time. Quick example: Last Friday I went from Okazaki to Kyoto, one-day round trip. In total I drove 300km on toll roads and 100km on free slower roads. I paid 8860 yen (82$). Not even counting the 13 gallons of gas my car sucked on the way (4.2$ per gallon right now), you end up with massive costs when doing trips that would be considered as simple daily transits for some americans.
>>
>>1238583
underated
>>
File: 1490709290439.jpg (5MB, 4896x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1490709290439.jpg
5MB, 4896x3264px
>>1238583
Absolutely my first thought.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.