[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NYC - Experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: nycs.jpg (174KB, 960x365px) Image search: [Google]
nycs.jpg
174KB, 960x365px
I'm very well travelled, just got back from Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Mongolia) a few weeks ago. I enjoy doing all the tourist type stuff in more exotic places and I'm visiting NYC for the 5th time but never bothered doing any of the tourist stuff there. My mates got a new apartment in Manhattan a few blocks from Time Square and I'm hoping to see and experience something which is only found in NYC. Any ideas? I can't be bothered with Statue of Liberty or any of that rubbish, seen it for years on TV in HD and it's never going to be as good in person.

Any ideas? The more alternative the better - I'm from the UK if that helps.
>>
>>1237531
If you are well traveled you have no reason to go t NYC. It is overrated. There will be nothing for you there. Why not go somewhere interesting?
>>
>>1237531

nude cowboy in times square?
>>
Hey OP, I'm going to NYC for the 2nd time next month. Do you have any recommendations for non-touristy things to see?
>>
>>1237531
my greatest recommendation is to get off on a stop that you are completely unfamiliar with and find your way back to Manhattan by walking... I suggest you waste an entire day doing this by bring yourself to a suburb and venturing back to whatever homeland you have nestled for yourself. yo will get to experience the real new york that the masses experiences, alongside the tourist experience of exploring a new and strange land. you will see cars on b;locks, drug deals, rats digging through trash on the street,comments about what you are doing in such a neighborhood... beautiful stuff.
>>
>>1238105
>>1238198
you fags have never been to New York

there's a lot to do
>>
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm only going again because my friends live out there. I'll go to the suburbs and work my way back by walking.

I do enjoy walking and the weather should be good in June.
>>
Having lived in New York for a few years, here's what I'd check out in terms of touristy stuff.

Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Terminal, and the museums. The first two have the some of the best architecture in the city IMO, and the Met/MoMA are just really interesting to see.

Broadway shows are a must, a mid mezzanine ticket to the book of mormon should be around 170 USD after taxes and fees.

Just a few blocks from your friend's place are Bryant Park and the New York public library. I'm pretty sure the park shows outdoor movies, and the library has been converted into another museum if you're into that.

Going further downtown, Washington Square Park usually has something interesting going on on the summer. Madison Square Park has a new art installation every season. There are a couple remaining speakeasies that are a lot of fun to hit up, I don't remember any details so you'll have to look that up for yourself.

Further uptown there's not really too much to mention. Morningside Heights and the Columbia area are nice to walk around in, and there's a cathedral up there that's way more interesting than St. Patrick's. Harlem is fairly nice living, but there really isn't anything to do there for tourists.

Outside Manhattan, Coney Island is just great, though it does have the usual beach problem of being completely packed in the summer. I don't know much else about Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx though.
>>
>>1239583
Fantastic stuff, thank you. I've been Grand Central got a train from there to Long Island to see a friend. But I haven't really done the other stuff you've mentioned. I've jotted it down in my travel journal.

Big thank you.
>>
>>1239901
Grand Central doesn't have trains going to Long Island. You mean Penn.
>>
>>1239916
Yes, you're right. Grand Central is defo on the list this time round.

Thanks.
>>
>>1239583
Coney Island has sooo much Latina booty in bathing suits in the summer
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.