[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colombia for 2 weeks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I`m going to travel in Colombia for 2 weeks, I want to spend som time in Cartagena,Medellín, Bogota and maybe Cali.

All tips and recommendations about cool places and things to do will be highly appreciated! Thank you
>>
You best be flying if you only have 2 weeks..
If it was me, I would pick a region,

like... do cartagena, some islands, minca, then go to tayrona, palomino and maybe up to la guarjia.

Or medellin, quibdo into the Pacific Coast. Choco region.

Or bogota, into the coffee triangle. Salento, bogota and medellin are fairly close could easily do both.

Cali is around popayan, and San cipriano.

I think just bouncing from big city to big city you are missing the real treasures of colombia.
>>
Thanks!, I think you are absolutely right, I will take some time to reconsider my travel choices in Colombia.

Thanks again for the tips
>>
>>1237141
sharing is caring

if you want more opinions on specific places ill do my best to answer.. Colombia is one of my favourite places to go to
>>
>>1237267

tell me all that there is to do and see in medellin
>>
>>1237294
tough one, there is alot to do/see in medellin.

Ive stayed in the Poblado neighbourhood, near parque lleras. There is tons of restaurants and nightlife. a bit seedy but very active at night.

Botero Plaza, interesting for a bit. the statues and nearby hectic market streets..

I really liked taking the escalators through comuna 13. you dont need a guide but I kinda wish we had gotten one, would be nice to get more information and stories about the place, one of my highlights for sure.

the barefoot park was cool, great concept, if not kinda boring. I liked the botanical gardens more.

We were there during christmas and the lights were crazy, streets and rivers were all lit up, lots of nightlife all over. If I wasnt with my girlfriend I could see getting into lots of trouble in Medellin, drugs and babes everywhere..

Im sure there are a hundred things Ive missed.. but thats what I did there.

things I missed, cable car, Escobars neighbourhood, guatape... the list goes on and on.
>>
>>1237609

out of all the cities in colombia, which one do you think is most appropriate to move to for a single guy?

are there long term visas or would one need to border hop every 3 months?
>>
>>1237632
is your spanish good? Medellin would be my pick.
Ive heard barranquilla is amazing for the girls, they are not as used to dirt-bag gringos there. Medellin chicks have caught on.
but the city of barranquilla looks like shit to me, and I'm not sure about your employment options.
No idea about visas.
>>
>>1237688

my spanish is limited, and i don't care about the girls as much as i care about a safe place to live
>>
I live in colombia. You should travel to cartagena de Indias, santa marta, isla de san andrés ( you have to fly on airplane to go there)

If you have balls go to the amazonas.

Be careful, watch everywhere you go. Don't be fooled.
>>
>>1237693
You're kind of fucked doing much of anything in Colombia if you don't know Spanish well. For practical purposes English is absolutely useless outside of hostels and high end hotels, and people don't cooperate as much with pointing and signals and such like they do in some other countries.

I suggest starting somewhere and taking an intensive spanish learning program for 6-8 weeks while you date locals that don't know english. You'll learn pretty quickly. If you don't make a huge effort to learn Spanish you're better off skipping South America outside of Argentina.

Once you know Spanish Medellin can be a pretty solid place to live, but women are tough there if you don't speak spanish really well. Or Pereira/Manazales are better for women and have good weather too, but aren't as nice as Medellin.

Barranquilla is okay for women (not as great as it's hyped) but an absolute shithole otherwise. I spent a few weeks there because I sort of fell for a girl there and there was absolutely nothing to do. And the weather is unbearably hot during the day, and the middle-southern area of the city can be extremely dangerous.

For visas you can get 3 months to start with on landing, then extend for another 3 months at the immigration office without issue. You can also get a language course to help you with a student visa and stay much longer (years? I'm not sure).
>>
>>1238146
> If you have balls go to the amazonas.

you don't need balls for that, it's much safer than some favela shithole. Leticia is a small town in the middle of nowhere and it's safe. places like Caño Cristales or Mavecure are just wild and empty.

you must be new here.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.