[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Countries that are blown out of the water by their neighbors.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 7

File: 다운로드.png (4KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
다운로드.png
4KB, 274x184px
pic related
>>
>>1236737
>neighbors
>plural
nah
i've been to all three, and china>>>korea=japan

inb4 butthurt weeaboos
>>
>>1236737
Tbqh I like Korea better than japan. I can see the appeal of Japan if you are into Anime, but Japan is like paying 2-3x as much for just as much shit to do.

t. English teacher who has lived in both and keeps renewing my contract in Korea because it is a better place to live.

>>1236762
China is decent but everyone in the cities is fat and rude. Still huge and full of so many different cultures. Always worth a visit.
>>
>>1236762
Actual non retarded version is

Japan > Korea > China >
if we are using other countries still

Japan > Singapore > Taipei > Korea > China
>>
>>1236762
pretty accurate
>>1236797
the real one is
China > korea > taiwan > hk > singapore > japan

japan is boring as shit for traveling, it might be nice and developed to live in but the people are boring as shit and nothing fun ever happens, it's the ultimate tourist country where you walk around and take pictures of landscapes without actually making any connections with locals.
>>
>>1236807
Korea > Taiwan > Hong Kong > Japan > China > Singapore
>>
>>1236807
Im guessing you're ranking purely based on the people's English abilities
>>
>>1236822
>Chinese speak better English than Singaporeans
>>
>>1236807
>China > korea > taiwan > hk > singapore > japan
Anybody else notice this ranking could also be looked at as a ranking for the least safe countries with the worst infrastructure?

I see a lot of people on this board who think like this, that the more dangerous and third world a country is the better it is.
>>
>>1236836
China is extremely save you retard,same with korea
It's more about Japanese culture making everyone have fake politeness
>>
>>1236839
You think Chinese and Koreans aren't faking politeness? Are you kidding me?
>>
>>1236844
They aren't polite in the first place, so much less, yes
>>
But i enjoyed Korea the most between Japan and China.

All 3 are nice in their own way dummy. There doesn't need to be a competition.
>>
>>1236790
Fellow teacher. I'm in the same situation. Taught 1 year in Japan, Miyazaki. 2 years in Korea, Tongyeong. Preferred Korea. My contract is up in June and going back to the US to get my masters in teaching.

Where did you teach?
>>
ITT retards who leave the Japan general and realise Japan is the worst part of Asia to travel to
>>
How expensive is it outside of Seoul in Korea?
I would guess it is pretty cheap since half the population lives in Seoul or a suburb of it.
>>
>>1236988
You do know that Iraq and Afghanistan are in Asia, right? In fact, after Africa, Asia is probably the shittiest continent on the planet. Japan is pretty okay, all things considered.
>>
>>1236994
>t. Japan General poster
>>
While not countries, I find that many Hong Kong discussions naturally gravitate towards Macau.
>>
>>1236762
>>1236797
>>1236807
>>1236814
>>1236964
ITT people like different things
>>
>>1236737
Would it be silly to fly all the way from western Europe to Korea for a trip of only 8 or 9 days?
>>
>>1236790
>>1236807
>>1236814
>>1236839
>>1236988
>>1236995

>Korea is better than Japan

t. Kim Park
>>
>>1237357
I'm not sure about Korea, China and Hong Kong are certainly better than Japan. Japan is really only good if you're into anime and manga, otherwise everything it does, other parts of Asia do better.
>>
>>1236737
>blown out of the water by neighbors
North Korea hasn't nuked them yet.
>>
>>1237357
Why would a Korean be named Kim Park? Besides the fact it needs one more syllable those are both surnames. That is like a white guy being named Smith Jones.
>>
File: 1485664996260.png (56KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485664996260.png
56KB, 1000x500px
Pic related
>>
>>1237426
Japan has a deep and rich culture that is thousands of years old and utterly unique. on par with countries like france and italy in refinement and achievement

..the rest of asia not so much. it's just dirty unwashed yellow people abusing and shouting at each other and eating sloppy food all the way down.

japan rules. you have to be willfully blind to not be able to see how far ahead of the rest of asia they really are. True honorary whites.
>>
>>1237490
Have you not been to Hong Kong or SIngapore ? Or even a first tier city in China ? Japan is dying, economically and populous wise. Also

>Japan general poster
>>
>>1237490
>it's just dirty unwashed people abusing and shouting at each other and eating sloppy food
>this doesn't equally describe every mediterranean country
>>
>>1237490
>tips fedora
>>
>>1236797
taipei is a city not a country you dipshit
>>
Threads like this make me never want ask for advice, listen to, or take this board seriously.
>>
>>1237647
Just go ask for advice in the Japan general, get condescending remarks from mega weebs who have never travelled outside of their home country and Japan.
>>
>>1237490
This has not been the case for 25+ years.
>>
>>1237490
lol. i was in japan 3 months ago. it was one of the most boring countries i've ever been to. literally belgium-tier.
>>
>>1237664
Say that in Japan general and the shitty mods give you a warning.
>>
>>1237664
it's anthony bourdain's favorite country to visit in the world. what are you missing that he's getting?
>>
>>1238107
He was afraid to actually enter any place that wasn't a mall or a chain he was already familiar with. Walking around Tokyo can be boring at night if you don't enter any locations.
>>
>>1238107
I love his show. I don't understand his love for Japan. Every episode he has done on Japan is boring and dull. Like he went to the robot cafe ? It's a giant tourist trap and it sucks yet he makes it out like it's something completely out of this world and amazing.
>>
>>1236737
But its only neighbour is North Korea?
>>
>>1238178
>naval borders aren't a thing

north korea actually blows south korea out of the water as a tourist destination too. it's much more interesting and distinct culturally once you get past the totalitarian dictatorship thing.
>>
>>1238306
So

China > NK > SK > Japan ?
>>
>>1238107
probably because when it comes to elitism of their cooks japan is second only to france?

>>1238117
no, it was just boring. everything from the people to nightlife to "don't miss" castles was underwhelming. but then again i'm comparing the people to dublin and lucerne, nightlife to kingston and moscow, and architecture to angkor wat and rome, and i haven't spent my entire life obsessing over a perceived superiority of japan.
>>
>>1238323
Careful anon, saying things like that might piss off the Japan general mods if they ever leave that thread and check on the rest of the board.
>>
>all this weebs
>>
>>1238323
what did you think of south korea?
>>
So /trv/, as someone who doesn't care about animus or asia at all, skip Japan? seems like a meme country
>>
>>1238628
Depends what you like. If you're willing to drop a lot of money you can eat at some of the most high end restaurants in the world.

I've heard good things about the snow fields, so there is that I guess.

But if you don't like anime and aren't some sort of mega weeb Japan tends to be quite boring.

Japan general nazi mod please don't ban me, you've already given me a warning
>>
>>1236836
>worst infrastructure
And yet, China still has bullet trains and world-class subways.
>>
>>1237490

>kanji
>unique

japan is shit
>>
>>1237490
deep rich culture mostly derived from chinese culture in dynastic periods. learn your history boy
>>
>>1237426
the Korean international student friend recommended enthusiastically me to eat dog meat. it was very hard. Then, I examined it ,but the cooking method was not written in wikipedia.
>>
>>1240072
Yes. And Chinese commies got rid of most of own that at Cultural Revolution and at Xinhai Revolution.
So in Japan there're many old chinese books that have been lost of most of all in China.
(The 24 histories, Cuatro Libros, traditional Chinese medicine etc)
>>
>>1236807
>without actually making any connections with locals.

Oh boy we've got a real traveller here
>>
>>1240073
China isn't as traditional but it still has a very diverse and interesting culture, much more so than Japan. Culture is any learned behaviour, and Japan is too polite for their culture to be interesting, way too open to the west, and way too flooded with tourists. Chinese will be much more interested and hospitable to learn from you while you learn from them. Are you reading ancient Chinese texts at Japan? Just use ctext.org.
>>
>>1240083
>>1240384
wrong post
>>
>Japan is dull and boring

I backpacked the hell out of Japan, North to South, hitchhiking like crazy. I met some of the most inspiring people, and probably the biggest amount of super kind people per day I'll ever meet.

The only way I would gladly admit to the point saying "it's only a tourist country" would be if yourself were a shitty tourist, just here for sightseeing. You don't try to blend in with them, and immerse in their culture, why would they ever do it for you.

Go couchsurfing, hitchhiking, go to hostels and not crappy AirBnBs, and then you'll see what Jpan is and has to offer.
>>
>>1240437
>Go couchsurfing, hitchhiking, go to hostels and not crappy AirBnBs, and then you'll see what Jpan is and has to offer.
What about staying at traditional Japanese inns?

Wouldn't that be more cultural?
>>
>>1240437
The same can be said for almost anywhere with the exception of nice people.
>>
>>1240521
Yeah, it is cultural, but it's not something you would do to experience the country as Japanese people do. Those things are great, yeah, but it's a part of the tourist vs local thing. Either you experience set up tourist things but you have almost no interaction with the "real" people, either you try to get close to people but don't get into the cliché stuff the country is known for. You can do both, but not as the same time.

>>1240524
Indeed, as you can say in the end that every country is dull and boring because you never knew you didn't even try to meet the people.
>>
>>1240631
It's easier in my experience to really meet interesting people the least westernization and tourism infrastructure a country has. Japanese are kind but they feel like an even more boring version of westerners.
>>
>>1240655
I know what you mean, I live in a Nepali family right now, and the openness up front is crazy great.
But Japanese people are kind of cold, but really interesting once you get to know them. You can't get close to them quickly. Oddly enough, the more westernized they are, the more upfront they are.
>>
>>1237241
Depends, i have seen retour flights (2 stopovers and a trip lasting +24 hours) for around 400e Amsterdam-Busan
>>
>>1236797
>>1236814

imagine being so biased by the political anti-china propaganda that you're willing to rank a glorified shopping mall of Asia (Hong Kong), a glorified office district of SEA (Singapore), and a tiny island country founded just 100 years ago by exiles from mainland China (Taiwan)

over a massive country with diverse natural landscapes and ancient architecture and culture that is China

Sad!
>>
>>1236797
>>1236807
>>1236814
>>1236836
>>1237560
>>1241105
***Chinese Taipei
>>
>>1240054
>World class
Would you trust a Chinese """engineer"""?

>Trapped for a month, woman in China dies in lift
http://www.baka.com.au/world/missing-chinese-womans-body-found-dead-in-lift-20160306-gnbzn5.html

>Mother killed after falling into escalator that collapsed at Chinese department store but saves her son
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/mother-killed-after-falling-into-escalator-that-collapsed-at-chinese-department-store-but-saves-her-son/news-story/04a53e4425e2eaea6e7a2b1d1dcd1787

>Beijing subway passengers tried to raise alarm before accident victim was dragged to her death
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1634392/beijing-subway-passengers-tried-raise-alarm-accident-victim-was-dragged

>Famed China Glass Bridge Cracks and Breaks, Sending Tourists on a Screaming Stampede
https://www.elitereaders.com/china-glass-bridge-cracks-breaks-tourists-scream-stampede/

>Window Plummets from 76th Floor of Shanghai Tower, Injuring Tesla Driver
https://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2016/05/09/window-plummets-from-76th-floor-of-shanghai-tower-injuring-tesla-driver/
>>
why would anyone go to south korea unless they were paid to? boggles my mind.
>>
>>1242240
>Place that has 5 times the population of the USA has accidents

Shocker.
>>
Unrelated but anyone know any good spots in Seoul/Hongdae for a bachelor party? Obviously traditional strip club stuff is nigh impossible to find but anything similar or any good spots for a decent sized group?
>>
>>1242683
>why would anyone go to south korea unless they were paid to?
In most cases, that is literally what's happening.

Every time a round-eyed devil goes to South Korea, he's either going there for military service or to teach English
>>
>>1240054
Hong Kong has one of the best subway systems in the world.

Just because Hong Kong is China doesn't mean the mainland gets to take credit for it.
>>
>>1238107
well jap cuisine is pretty fucking amazing if you have money to blow
>>
>>1237664
You're probably just a boring cunt tb.h m8.
>>
>>1237490
>unique
heh
>>
>>1242683
Fucking Koreaboos boggle my mind.
>>
>>1242860
>teach english
whats wrong with that?
>>1242683
countless hot fuckable women, and also a decent number of hot expats, also easily fuckable.
>>
File: 1457191116307.jpg (78KB, 960x922px) Image search: [Google]
1457191116307.jpg
78KB, 960x922px
Really enjoyed all of Asia, loved Hua Hin (Thailand), Fukuoka (JP), Busan (SK), Dalian (Ch). Can't really rank one over the other.
>>
Denmark. We've got nowhere near as spectacular natural sights as they do in Sweden and Norway, and there's really not much to see here. Sure there's some cultural stuff, but you'd have so much more to see in Germany. I really can't see why people would bother coming here as tourists, but I guess they fall for either the monarchy meme or the happiest place on earth meme, or just both at the same time

t. Dane
>>
>>1243049
What are you talking about? I'm sure you have some great mosques.
>>
File: classic_cat_portraits_6.jpg (47KB, 600x786px) Image search: [Google]
classic_cat_portraits_6.jpg
47KB, 600x786px
>>1243049
Brother, don't sell yourself short. Absolutely loved Copenhagen. Great city.
>>
Everyone who boasts china is a contrarian or a chinaman. Don't fall for the fucking meme.
>>
>>1243061
But who's to say that you wouldn't have enjoyed Berlin, Stockholm (especially this one) or Oslo even more or just as much? I'm not saying that Denmark and Copenhagen are bad places, but I don't get why you'd prefer coming here to visiting Sweden or Norway, or going further south to Germany. But anyways, what did you like so much about it?
>>
>>1242918
loose women, whoop de do
>>
>>1243088
Not that anon but I also loved Copenhagen. Better than Berlin in looks, better than Oslo is price. I'd say I do prefer Stockholm now that I'm a bit older but It's a great city.
It has an attractive waterside, great old town, cheap drinks and reasonably friendly locals (but I already knew people). The public transport is pretty cheap, easy and cool (the driverless trains on the elevated rails make for great eye candy) plus the lack of huge buildings was a plus to me as I think they're an eyesore.
Plus you've got tivoli in the city and its almost always empty and just a nice spot to spend the day and if you don't like it, you can leave in like 25 mins and be in Malmö (though why you'd want to is beyond me).
Seriously, it's a good place
>>
>>1243344
Is Malmo really that bad?
>>
>>1243346
>>>1243344
>Is Malmo really that bad?
Just an anecdote: I felt uncomfortable there. My wife is Muslim (albeit moderate) and was told at a shop she was a "bad Muslim" for not covering her head. Wtf
>>
>>1236762
Only a chink would say that.

Let's see
China:
>Is Dirty as fuck
>Is Crowded as fuck
>is Filled with some of the worst people
>Certain sites and apps blocks
>Have to worry about what you say
>Have to avoid being scammed all the time, especially if you aren't a chink
>Have people shitting in public
>Have to wonder if you're being served real food and not lead topped with sawdust

nah.

Japan > Korea > Taiwan > any other first world country > Mexico > China
>>
>>1243686
Please go back to the Japan general where you people can all circle jerk about one of - if not the most, boring place in Asia.
>>
>>1243346
The organised crime issues are bigger there but don't really affect the public unless you're crazy unlucky or stupid.
It's just not very Swedish feeling there. Too many kebab shops and middle eastern blokes everywhere, just hanging out and being loud.
Plus it's quite a small city so it's very easy to notice the dodgy bits.
>>
Slovenia... I don't get the meme. It's like a watered down Croatia mixed with Austria. Why not just go to Croatia and Austria?

>>1243686
Haha why do you even leave your house?
I mean not to shame you for living in a bubble, and of course everyone has different tastes, but sis, you're missing out.

>Have to worry about what you say
I guess you haven't been to places like the USA or the UK. Especially the USA is worse than China, like already the ESTA form is designed to make you feel like an insignificant piece of walking and talking shit, with all the questions about whether you took part in mass murdering people. And you didn't even get to the country yet.
So there's that. China just wants you to play along with their bureaucracy game without bringing up history and politics on their visa and entry forms already.
>>
>>1243736
Out of curiosity although you're probably a troll. What do you consider not-boring and how does Japan lack that?
>>
>>1237647
If you ignore the weebs this board is actually pretty good
>>
>>1236988
Japan General poster are the dumbest people of /trv/ actually
>>
>>1236844
They don't have to pretend because they are never polite. The honesty is actually refreshing after being fake as fuck places like Singapore, Japan or even Taiwan in some cases
>>
>>1237664
No body is boring as Belgium, I suspect autism and language barrier might have been a factor for you?
>>
>>1237701
Japan Generals are probably made by the weaboocuck mods themselves, just like the Kpop Generals on /mu/. Cancer, really.

>>1237664
Belgium is an amazing country full of history and beautiful towns. Get some education, idiot.

>>1238107
>best country to visit in the world
lol, outside of Tokyo, Kyoto and some temples up in the mountains there's nothing decent to see in Japan. I understand the love for Tokyo, truly a wonders city, but the rest is just meh.

>>1238323
>when it comes to elitism of their cooks japan is second only to france
I guess you meant to Italy, my friend
>>
>>1243747
Most of Slovenia is just an extension of Northern Italy, and in particular of Friuli Venezia Giulia. Same with Croatia. You have to take the whole package to fully understand it.
>>
>>1243774
If you don't like Belgium you should be not allowed to live
>>
>>1236988
Taiwan is my favourite
>>
>>1243088
Speaking as a guy working in a 24 hour 7Eleven in Copenhagen, the fact that you can buy alcohol 24/7 and drink publicly is huge to people from places where you can't, Swedes and Norwegians in particular.
>>
File: china.png (946KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
china.png
946KB, 1400x5552px
>See this thread on the homepage
No pasta for china / korea
You guys..
1/2
>>
File: korea.png (692KB, 1489x1523px) Image search: [Google]
korea.png
692KB, 1489x1523px
>>1244226
cont.
2/2
>>
>>1242683
Let's just say that you don't go to korea to do sightseeing.
>>
>>1244422
we get it, korean women are easy sluts. We get it. We really do. if that's your only reason for going to a place though, you're a fucking degenerate.
>>
>>1237490
Japan was the shit in the 80's. It's <CURRENT_YEAR> and Japan is quickly being overtaken by its emancipated neighbors who no longer live under US-approved dictatorships while Japan is still ruled by the incompetent LDP who are fucking parasites and a relic of the past.

t. Jap-American
>>
Korean women are by far the easiest I have encountered in the world and I've travelled a lot. You can fuck 9/10s without any effort if you're white and over 5'10''.

Funniest thing is how they will never put out to the natives until they're in a committed relationship but if you're a white guy, you don't even really have to go out on a date to fuck some top tier sluts.

Aside from that, it's a pretty unredeeming place to visit. Just go to Japan if you want an actual interesting country.
>>
>>1244450
>white
Check
>over 5'10"
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>tfw 5'10" manlet
>>
>>1244450
I've fucked a few in Korea when I've been there, but never been there longer than 3 day stints, so have had to take what I've gotten rather than targeting the 9s and 10s.

How do you meet them? Tinder? Line? what do you use?
>>
>>1244615
apps + just meet them in real life. lie to them about having money. PUA works incredibly well on Koreans. they're basically retarded and gullible and love white cock & money.
>>
>>1243750
Too safe. Too first world. Too clean. Not enough drugs and prositution. To touristy. Too popular. Too western.

Need I say more!?
>>
>>1244450
I've had similar results but a fair amount accuse you of being a "playboy" because they actually want to date a foreigner. I'm in Busan though I'm guessing you're in Seoul.

I had a 1 year 6 month relationship here. Also fucked around with tinder and club sluts. Fucking in cafes and movie rooms gave me some good memories.

Speaking a little bit of korean helps slay, immensely.

Overall 8/8 bretty gud.
>>
>>1244450
>Funniest thing is how they will never put out to the natives until they're in a committed relationship
This might be true for the average korean but it doesn't stop good looking ones from fucking around too. My koream best friend and wingman was a slayer. Actually taught me a lot of essential phrases to flirt and open up korean girls.
>>
>>1244661
Were you in Seoul, Gangnam/Hongdae etc?

Money isn't really necessary at all dude. Girls usually pay for my dates or split 50/50.

Also most girls that are dating foreigners aren't fitting in the korean beauty standards. Not all of them though.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.