[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im only gonna have $500 to live in Europe for 3 weeks because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: fly.jpg (126KB, 1200x734px) Image search: [Google]
fly.jpg
126KB, 1200x734px
Im only gonna have $500 to live in Europe for 3 weeks because of unintended expenses that came up

how fucked am I?
>>
20 euro for a hostel bunk x 21 days = 420 euro
You can easily buy three weeks' worth of food in europe for 80 euro.
That doesn't leave anything for transport or enjoying yourself, however.
-Lots of hostels allow discounted stays for long-term residents in exchange for work.
-Find a wwoof/HelpX/workaway host and spend three weeks on a Greek island castrating lambs
-Hike out into nature and camp.
>>
>>1236154
I heard couch surfing is not easy if youre a guy and dont have good recommendations

Ill be in spain in the month of may for 3 weeks
>>1236153
thanks anon I dont have money to camp because id have to buy gear

how would I set on getting discounted stays?

wtf am I even going to do all day?
>>
>>1236151
I'd definitely recommend doing something like couchsurfing or Workaway if possible. Leaving only $80 for food works out to under $4 per day on all expenses except for lodging, doable, but I don't even think it would be fun to travel if you couldn't move around or eat more than rice and pasta all day. See if you can do a Workaway or something similar for a week or two, it'd cut down on costs a lot for the rest of the trip.
>>
>>1236164
>Workaway
So I just looked them up

thanks so much anon! I could definitely get by with this!

I would have a ton of free time anyway
>>
>>1236153
>wwof, helpx, workaway
Those sites look like a scam at best.
some of those expectations are ridiculous
>if we don't like you (reasonx x,y or z) we'll ask you to leave
Awesome, I have a plane ticket for every day of the week or what?
And some of those 'hosts' are just too stupid for their own good
>we'll be gone from 8 to 6
>you'll have to do your work then
>even though they said you have to work (maximum) 1-5 hours a day before

Just fuck my shit up, I guess.
>faq explicitly states no money involved
>multiple slave owners ask for money or tell you to pay parts of the bills for food
>>
>>1236264
Well it's all about the hosts really. You have to try and get a read on them and email back and forth a little to make sure it's good. The websites just facilitate it, beyond that it's up to you to make sure you don't get fucked.
>>
>>1236151
What country are you staying in for 3 weeks?
>>
>>1236151
Where in Europe? Half the east lives on a wage lower than that.
Though of course they do rent long-term, so that cuts the costs a bit.
>>
Why would someone beat a man before throwing him out of a plane?
>>
Holy fuck, are you me?

I'm backpacking Europe in May from the 10th to June 1st. I'll have around $500 too.

I'll be in the UK Germany Spain & Norway.
>>
File: United_mem_1.jpg (128KB, 600x718px) Image search: [Google]
United_mem_1.jpg
128KB, 600x718px
>>
>>1236331
Why Norway if you are on a poorfag budget?
>>
>>1236337
Me and a buddy are camping out in flåm for around 10 days.
>>
>>1236151
You could live relatively comfy for that for a month in Ukraine I suppose.

In Warsaw Poland you can get a room with a garden access for like $250 for 3 weeks

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/9896047?checkin=2017-05-08&checkout=2017-05-28

If you ask the family hosting you, they will probably recommend a place where you can eat lunch for $2 dollars(bar mleczny, pierogarnia(dumplings bar)).
$5 per day for food in Poland is doable.
>>
>>1236151
In the US you can just camp in National Forests for free (sometimes a limit like 7 days at one location, 30 days per Forest, something like that)
If Europe has anything similar then fuck it just buy a tent, use the remaining money on food, and live innawoods
>>
>>1236439
Who are these people that travel, but live like a homeless person and stink everywhere they go.
>>
>>1236439
Varies wildly by country. Some let you camp wherever, some don't but turn a blind eye, some see it as a chance to hand out easy fines.
>>
>>1236264
of fucking course you go worst case scenario, I usually have a couple skype calls with the host to get a general feel for them, and they usually won't kick you out unless you are just retarded and cant work for a couple hours
>>
>>1236151
if a plane trip costs 450$ - you may have to give up alcohol. Otherwise you don't
>>
>>1236151
Not as fucked as I am

>flying united in 9 days
>layover in o'hare
>landing in kauai

Assuming I don't get bumped from my flight and beaten I still risk catching rat lungworm
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.