[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1455659099407.png (252KB, 497x494px) Image search: [Google]
1455659099407.png
252KB, 497x494px
Hey /trv/

So I'm traveling abroad and I need advice. I'll be in Thailand with a budget of about 3k. I'm white, I have a degree, and I'm young and fit enough to do manual labor.

1) How long can I survive on that cash, eating cheaply, not going out to expensive clubs or doing crazy drugs, but sightseeing and the occasional ladyboy?
2) How hard is it to find under the table work? I'm willing to do anything.
3) If this isn't an option, where else would one go? I'm open to suggestions.

I'm planning on leaving next month after I sell most of my shit. I'm here to answer any follow up questions as well.
>>
>>1236018
Are you a native English speaker?
>>
>>1236024
Yes
>>
You could make 3k last at least 4 months if you're frugal (ie. not boozing everyday, staying put in a city for a few weeks at a time, etc.)

Lots of hostels will let you bartend/run the front desk in exchange for a free bed, so that can help you stretch your budget. I've found getting a gig like this is pretty easy: book a few nights at a hostel, introduce yourself to the staff, show you're personable and not an autist, and after a day or two ask if you can help work. If they think you'd be a good face for the hostel, they'll help you out.

Some tourist companies may hire you under the table, but you'll likely be making less than Thai minimum wage, not ideal.

Do you have a useful degree? If so you might be able to do something related to your field. There's a lot of digital nomads in the major cities, so you could do something on the internet. It doesn't have to earn much, earning $15 a day can help extend out your trip by a few months

It's advisable not to overstay your visa, or you'll run the risk of getting deported and barred from reentering the country. So keep in mind the coat of a visa run to Laos or Cambodia when budgeting.
>>
>>1236035
I have a degree in English, if that is useful.
>>
>>1236035
And thank you for the advice!
>>
>>1236026
Then enroll into an ESL school. That 3K should be plenty to do that and still survive for a month, then teach English.

http://www.ajarn.com/tefl-tesol-training-courses
>>
>>1236036
lol so not really thay useful

You could maybe tutor people's English? Not sure if there's some sort of accreditation for tutors in Thailand or if you can just throw flyers up. Would be worth doing some research.

As for online work you could set yourself up as a essay writer/editor for high school & uni students? That's not really my expertise, so I'm just guessing.

Alternatively, you could look for programs for teaching English in an actual Thai school. You don't even need a teaching degree to qualify, just any 4 year degree from an English speaking country. There's a few companies that will set you up with a gig. Most of them will pay for your transport and accommodations, they even give you lesson plans when you get there. I don't know the specifics of the companies the connect you to a school, it would be worth researching more.

The drawback with esl teaching of course is you don't have the same mobility as your other options. You'd need to set up the esl gig well before you leave for Thailand.
>>
>>1236036
With this degree, and this advice >>1236041. You will likely be hired at oje of the better schools for a decent salary. Don't accept a job less than 30K Baht outside of Bangkok and Phuket, and 40K baht in Bangkok ir Phuket.
>>
>>1236043
>oje
one
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.