[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canal canoeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: sl7cs1-4.jpg (27KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sl7cs1-4.jpg
27KB, 800x600px
I'm a fat nearly 40 neckbeard in need of a change... anyone canoe'd some canals?

I'm thinking of this as a goal to work toward... just wondering if anyone's done some of these or similar and what your experience was like. Esp if like me you are a potato shaped indoorsman.

Was thinking of some lakes and canals in europe, sweden, scotland...
>>
>>1235863
Can you swim?
Make sure you can swim to save your life before venturing into any open body of water.
>>
yep, can swim a bit... not exactly marathon level but enough to reclaim a boat or make it to shore if needed.
>>
File: Dundas-Arms.jpg (873KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Dundas-Arms.jpg
873KB, 1920x1280px
>>1235863
My experience of canoeing extends as far as mooching around Bristol's floating harbour in search of refreshment opportunities on warm weekends, and exploring the old castle moat. I'm guessing heading out on the typically calm waters of a canal wouldn't be much different, and thus should be pretty enjoyable. Certainly here in England, you'd hit a waterside pub every few miles on places like the Kennet and Avon.

Any British Anons wanting to have a go, you'll need a Canal & River Trust Licence available here:
https://licensing.canalrivertrust.org.uk/Account/Register

It's cheap, and you get to find places like pic related.
>>
I've walked the length of the Caledonian Canal in Scotland; that was pretty nice and I wished to fuck I had a boat.
I've also canoed down the Wye river getting progressively more drunk as I hit each pub.
Great idea, OP.
>>
I have an inflatable kayak (not a beach-toy kind, but a tough one) that I take on the plain from time to time when I travel. I've travelled along some canals, on some lakes and seas - the latter only when it's warm, since waves to get in a lot.

It's fun, but only when the country around is not flat. Flat is usually boring, the water is often dirty or stagnating, and also you are guaranteed to get some locks on the way, so you'll need to carry you boat around.
>>
File: Sydney Gardens Bath.jpg (610KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sydney Gardens Bath.jpg
610KB, 1600x1200px
I posted
>>1235887 earlier, had a quick look on Youtube at my local area, and I have to say it looks pretty enjoyable - would probably combine with a spot of overnight camping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPXUVm162q8
>>
>>1235954
I remember visiting Oxford and taking a canoe through the city looked pretty fun. Wish I could have.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.