[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

France

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Hello brothers. I want to go a few weeks to France this summer to practice my french. I've lurked the board for france-threads for quite a while and i have no interest in going to Paris. I wouldn't mind setting down in a charming smaller city or village. Do you guys have any good recommendations? I will be going alone and i would prefer to live cheap. It doesn't have to be a party destination at all; nature or rural charm can do. Will mostly be reading books and trying to talk with locals or cuties (pic related).
>>
File: Screenshot-25.png (905KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-25.png
905KB, 1024x600px
>>1235455
I once had the pleasure of spending a few weeks in a very ordinary and unremarkable small dormitory town called Le Rheu near Rennes for improving my French. It was, as far as I could tell, pretty much tourist-free, but near enough to some famous spots for a look around. It was an attractive place, full of regular families and people just getting on with life, exactly where I recommend for your needs.
>>
T O U L O U S E
O
U
L
O
U
S
E
>>
>>1235472
Pau is nicer, M8.
>>
>>1235469
>>1235472
>>1235474
Thanks for the suggestions homies. How easy did you find it to either find some cafes or talk to people? Do you have any good experiences or advice?
>>
I've heard Tours has the "reference" "accent-free" French (like Oxford for English).

Anyway, unlike what previous posters suggest, and contrary to the general /trv/ stance against Paris, I'd suggest going to a bigger city (not necesserily Paris). Bigger cities have language exchange groups, where locals go in the hopes of practicing English over a beer. Being French, they quickly get tired of speaking a foreign language, and switch to French - and they will gladly speak French with you from the get-go if you show interest.

t. someone living in Lille, there are groups like this here. I'm not really recommending LIlle specifically though.
>>
>>1235455
Alsace Alsace Alsace Alsace

Literally the most beautiful place in France, and you can learn French anywhere in France and people are always willing to help, the French people are rude meme exists because most Americans are dicks
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.