[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans-Siberian RR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

I've heard romanticized stories of the past about this railway, and I think it could be a good way to see rural Russia. But I don't know of anyone who's gone. Has anyone on /trv/ gone? Are there any good tour groups to work with?
>>
File: khagan statue.jpg (4MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
khagan statue.jpg
4MB, 3872x2592px
>>1235327
Take the Trans-Mongolian one instead
>>
> I think it could be a good way to see rural Russia
Lol no. If you want to see rural Russia, go to any town that is not a regional capital at least 200 km from Moscow.
>>
>>1235327
you see jack shit from the train. the lake-side stretch on the pic is like half an hour exception during the week-long journey
>>
>>1235327
bumping cuz cool thread
>>
also bumping for more information
>>
>>1235327
>I've heard romanticized stories of the past about this railway, and I think it could be a good way to see rural Russia
I thought so too, but I've read a lot of stories and posts here on /trv/ about how you just sit in the train for days (as one might expect) and don't really see much.

However, this guy's videos do make it seem really cool:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZckUA2Sk-oVNQHh7tlReYwe6nsaMgdE

His experiences are all spur of the moment type stuff because he had a camera man and some friends, but it still makes me wish I could try it sometime in the future.

Nevertheless, there are definitely better and more scenic train rides around Europe (though not nearly as long), for example, in Switzerland.
>>
>>1235378
>>1235643
thanks. i'm leaning towards doing a tour because i'd think they would layover in some of the cities and show sites as well, and i can't speak well period, much less russian.
>>
>>1235675
Seems like a good idea, I wonder what tour groups people should go with if they wants to avoid getting their trip ruined by Chinese mainlanders?
>>
>>1235675
What you should do is wait a year, go to Interpals.net (common site among 4channers who want to practice languages/find women in other countries), find a Russian girl who you will trust 100% and fall in love with, and then travel the railway with her rather than going on a tour.
>>
>>1236315
Not the person you responded to, but you might have just changed my life. I've been looking for a way to start a life in St. Petersburg and this seems a possible route. I checked the site and saw that the attractive girls have numerous messages on their pictures from guys, so I hope it's not just another place for girls to go and boost their egos.
>>
>>1236348
interpals is one of the only places where the girls actually chase the guys, not the other way around usually
>>
>>1236350
Interpals is just a glorified dating site thinly veiled under the context of "learning languages".

They actively chase the guys because they want to leave thier countries. Im not knocking it, if thats what you want, but you should know that going in. There are normal girls too, but i feel like alot use that site as an ego boost.

I used a much much smaller site, actually dedicated to language exchange, met plenty if Russian girls to practice with, to actually practice and never expected to find the love of my life, but i did. The only problem is she wont leave, so I will be going there to try and make a life and see how it works out. Already travelled there, already hate it, but worth a try.
>>
>>1236348
>so I hope it's not just another place for girls to go and boost their egos.
It is, but as long as you're fit, attractive, tall and from a rich Western country (basically the well known ones, US, UK, Northern/Western Europe) you'll do ok if you want a green card whore from a second/third world country.
>>
>>1236459
greentext pls
>>
>>1236315
>>1236459
Actually I met my current girlfriend on Interpals, she's Russian too. There are some girls there who are genuinely looking for love, not a green card.

It helps if you look for the girls who are into Korea because that's a huge sign that the girl is a loser and is therefore more likely to be willing to date a guy she met online who lives in another country.

Girls being obsessed with Korea is just the female version of guys being obsessed with anime.
>>
>>1236842
Greentext what? My trip there?

>>1236843
Thats an interesting point about Russian weebs... I would have never thought, but it makes sense. To me it feels like you are "dating down" to ensure they are loyal and actually interested in you?

I kinda subtly tested my gf over time to make sure she was interested in only me, but i didnt purposly pick a loser. Hell shes just a normal girl with all the same interests as me. Feels like we grew up best friends and neighbors but really were half way around the world.

Have you gone to visit her yet? Russia sucks in so many ways, but really it was much more normal and much more fun than i had imagined. As much as i talk shit about it, i really did like it.

Hell life would be so much easier for me right now and forever if she was just an american.
>>
>>1236892
Actually I've been to visit her in Russia twice, each time for a month and she's visited me twice in England for a month each time. I fell in love with Russia while I was there whereas she fell in love with England, so it's causing some tension as to where we'll eventually live.

I don't see what's not to love about Russia really. It's very rustic, undeniably a shithole but I love it anyway. The people can be rude but at least they're talkative. It's easy to talk to some random person of the street, unlike the south of England where I live. Do you speak Russian? My level of Russian is about C1 at this point, so there was no language barrier. Maybe the language barrier is why you didn't like it.

I really wouldn't say I was dating down, she's actually incredibly beautiful in my opinion, and I've thought that since the moment I saw her. But liking Korea is essentially a sign that the girl has little/no friends in real life and always felt out of place, which is what suits me well in girls. A normal girl isn't really going to be open to a long-distance relationship in another country.
>>
>>1236843
>Girls being obsessed with Korea is just the female version of guys being obsessed with anime

Fuck me, I never connected the dots but it's actually true
>>
>>1237138
Yes my Russian language skills are very basic. I planned on learning much more before i went and i think it would have bennefited me. I did feel very out of place, and also the language barrier for everything was difficult. But everyone was very nice enough and I was able to fumble my way through Russian and them through English.

I just didnt enjoy how no one seemed happy, everyone just went about thier life and didnt care about anything else it seemed. I know Americans are often deemed stupid for always being happy for no reason, and i wouldnt say im always happy, but it just seemed depressing in large cities. Maybe it was because it was the end of winter still. But i thoroughly enjoyed small towns in the country since it reminds me of where i grew up, out in the middle of nowhere.

Unfortunately my gf would not be able to get a tourist visa to visit me in America. Maybe later, we plan on doing some travelling to Asia and some of Europe first so when she applies it looks more Legit, and that she wont over stay visa length.
>>
so does anyone have anything else to add other than "try to pick up a russian chick before you bother visiting russia"?
>>
>>1238627
Learn as much of the language as u can. There will be no signs in english outside of the airport.

Learn customs and culture so you know what to expect. Russia is a grey depressing place full of seemingly unhappy people.... but talk to them and be friendly and buy a beer for them.

Its a normal place, just be a normal person and prepare the same as anywhere else
>>
>sign up for interpals to 'learn Russian'
>browse the user list
>see QT Russian girl my age
>about to message, check bio first
>hobbies & Interests: I can't live without shopping :)
RED FLAG! RED FLAG!
>>
>>1235643
good suggestion, this guy is alright
>>
>>1238932
Solid advice. Its just a country, not the moon.
>>
>>1240202
helllow and welcome to "women general"
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.