[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Citys - USA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: L.jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
L.jpg
13KB, 275x183px
Any recommendation for citys in the US that are worth visiting ?
>>
There are many. Instead of listing them all, tell us what your interests are and we can narrow it down.
>>
honestly, a lot of them are the same. for example, there's nothing all that unique about chicago compared with a place like dallas or seattle.

that said, the most unique cities in the u.s worth visiting are:
>new orleans
>san francisco
>boston
>los angeles

for me, that's it. new york has a lot of diverse food and cultures which is cool but other than that it's really just a bunch of skyscrapers. world class museums though so go if you like those.
>>
>>1234913
and i guess i would add miami to this as well since the cuban influence makes it pretty unique as well
>>
No city in the US is worth visiting.
>>
Obviously a ton. I'll go ahead and throw out a decent list with a great city from each region.

North East - NYC
South East - New Orleans
Midwest - Chicago
South West - Santa Fe
West Coast - San Fran
North West - Portland, or Seattle if you don't like crazy
New England - Boston
Rocky Mountains - Boulder
Florida - Miami
Hawai and Alaska - Never been but I imagine it won't make too much difference

You should also check out the many incredible national parks.
>>
>>1234913
Outside of New Orleans and San Francisco this is just a terrible list

>Boston
Cool historical stuff but you'll be bored to death after a half day, the city is tiny. Unless you like baseball Fenway is cool

>Los Angeles
The only thing unique about LA is it requires a minimum of 1 hour in the car to travel 5 miles which is required because the city is all urban sprawl with no public transport. San Diego is a better version of SoCal

Best (unique) US cities:
>New Orleans
>Vegas
>New York
>Chicago (in the summer)
>Nashville
>Miami
>San Francisco
>>
>>1234889
>citys in the US that are worth visiting
I wasn't aware we had any.
>>
>>1234954
>>Nashville

Resident Nashvillian here...what do you think is unique about this city?
>>
America has only three great cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is just Cleveland.
>>
I'll be visiting Baltimore, Washington and Charlottesville.

Are there any cities near those cities I should visit? I know Baltimore sucks, don't even start.
>>
San Francisco.

I’ve been there many times. Best city on the entire West Coast. Beautiful old architecture and houses next to brand new amazing technology buildings. Lots of fun tourist places. Good food. Perfect weather during Spring and Summer, the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39, The Palace of Fine Arts, Golden Gate Park, the big hills with cable cars on them, I could go on.

I’ve been to Los Angeles more than once. It has a fun feel to it, but it’s not as pretty as San Francisco. LA is a lot dirtier and doesn’t offer as many tourist attractions as SF.

I went to New Orleans for almost a week last year. It's nice, but very small. I was only in the tourist area (French Quarter and Garden District.) I felt like I saw al the major areas in three days. It's a quiet place with nice architecture and great food. Also great if you're into drinking. Bourbon Street at night is insane.
>>
>>1235664
When are you going to Baltimore? They host a lot of events to give you ideas what to do. Pigtown is getting gentrified nicely but Hampden is falling off the wagon. Harbor East and Canton are nice and expensive. Lexington Market has also been cleaned up a lot but I still wouldn't go there without a local. Generally there is a lot of the city they've tried to clean up but when one area starts to do well, another neighborhood suffers. I mean, the Penn-North area is still awful.
>>
In terms of city planning and architecture, I think Savannah, GA is the best in the entire US. If you're into that sort of thing, it's worth checking out.
>>
File: disneyland-cast.jpg (68KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
disneyland-cast.jpg
68KB, 400x400px
>>1235679
>LA...doesn’t offer as many tourist attractions as SF.
Yeah, if you only count the area inside the LA city limits, but its metro area stretches for miles and miles and there are tons of tourist places there.

Everything else is right, though.
>>
File: Tampa_Financial_Planning_1.jpg (716KB, 1920x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Tampa_Financial_Planning_1.jpg
716KB, 1920x1000px
Tampa is the new Austin.
>>
>>1234889
Don't bother visiting Denver, it's shit.
Do visit Boulder though. I don't agree w/ the political spectrum of the city, but it really is beautiful.
>>
>>1235647

New Orleans is a fucking dump.
>>
>>1234954
This guy has it right.

I would add Austin, TX for a unique culture, really good bbq, and lots of young people.
>>
>>1234953
>South West - Santa Fe

Seriously? Phoenix is a billion times better than anything new mexico has. I mean seeing some of the stuff there is nice but def not worth it compared to AZ
>>
>>1235811
Phoenix is, IMO, the city that best represents the USA, for better or worse. It's weird as hell, full of white retirees, hispanics. college students, and some oddball baseball communities. and I would kill to have their highway system in my city.
>>
>>1235723
Central Florida overall is amazing once you get your bearings.
>>
>>1235723
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: Unknown.png (3KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
3KB, 310x163px
I love all the USA haters in this thread. There are numerous cities worth visiting.

You can visit northern California. Check out San Fran and then head north and hit Redwood National Forest. Such a good spot. You can also hit SoCal, San Diego is paradise man with its great beaches and beautiful people. Its close to the boarder too, so if things get too expensive you can jump across for a few nights for some wild parties. You can hit Newport Beach and its harbor if you want to see some of the most expensive real estate on the planet. Rent a paddle board and cruise the harbor and take a look. Some of these fools are so rich they have more than one multimillion dollar yacht docked in front of their multimillion dollar house.

South Lake Tahoe is also a really great spot up in northern California if you like the mountains.

NYC one of the greatest cities in the world, people love to hate it, just like Los Angeles. But haters will always hate. LA is one hell of a spot, the people their fucking suck but man, especially the women, we are talking total bitches. But man, its a big ass city though brotha. The party scene is intense, the weather is perfect and the beach is right there. Venice beach is always worth the stop!
>>
>>1235744
Youve never been
>>
>>1236616
>not mentioning Oakland

The high crime stigma it gets is far overblown. Just stay in the downtown/Lake Merritt area and its a really chill comfy city that I find to be more satisfying and enjoyable that San Francisco, since all the tourist trap bullshit isnt there
>>
>>1236631

Its true Oakland is alright. Check out this jam out of east Oakland from 1993. I was three years old when it came out, i feel so robbed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VwfYCFYZws
>>
>>1234889

Key West, FL. It has a very interesting history (Ernest Hemingway, treasure hunting, pirates, tried to seceed from the union). Large Cuban influence. The best saltwater fishing in the U.S. The drive there from Miami is one of the most gorgeous drives in the Continental U.S.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.