[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paris thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11

File: paris.jpg (94KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
paris.jpg
94KB, 1280x600px
Paris thread

Going there next month so I need some suggestions to make the most of it. Already have the major stops on my checklist. Eiffel tower, Louvre, Notre Dame, Arc de Triumph, etc. Lesser-known stuff appreciated.
>>
Don't forget to check out the Muslim quarter. Oh wait, that's the whole fucking city
>>
>>1234848
> suggestions to make the most of it
avoid the (sand)niggers, or better, avoid the whole city
>>
Someone posted once a long list of less known things in Paris. Don't have it saved unfortunately. It's a huge city so it obviously has loads of things. Even the touristy stuff will keep you busy for a long time.
>>
>>1234848
Where can I get a good horse steak?

Unlike most Americans I am open to trying this meat and not disgusted by it at all. The place I'm staying won't have a kitchen so I need more than just a butcher, I'd need an actual restaurant that will prepare it.
>>
skip the catacombs. waste of money.
>>
>>1235033
>>1235034
This
>>1235145
Best thing in the city by a wide margin actually, but skip the tours. Search online for urban exploration websites which have entry points listed. Guarenteed you will not got caught, but bring an extra flashlight and dont get lost, or guarenteed you will die a horrible, terrifying death.
>>
>>1235148
How far is the Paris Roubaix route and what is the cost to get the train back?
>>
>>1235033
>>1235034
>>1235148

the fuck is your problem?
Paris is a great city, probably helps that I speak French, but take your retarded bullshit elsewhere
>>
>>1235033
Why does /pol/ has to pollute all boards?
You can go wherever you want in Paris, even in poor suburbs if you don't carry obvious expensive items on you.
>>
>>1235169
He is obviously exaggerating, but it is still about 15 - 20% Muslim which ends up being a lot of people.
>>
>>1235177
Frenchfag here. There is no way near close to 15 - 20% muslims in France. Less than 10% currently. Look at the pic above
>>
>>1235033
>>1235034
>>1235148
Fuck off cucks
>>
>>1235179
The Economist had Ile de France at 10 - 15% back in 2008. Somewhere in the range of 15 - 20% seems plausible now.

http://www.economist.com/node/12724966?story_id=12724966
>>
>>1235200
>10-15% back in 2008
Reading that made me queasy and possibly suicidal.

France, why? How could you?
>>
>>1235204
The second paragraph mentions Molenbeek, which is where a lot of terrorists in Belgium and France have lived.

People have been sitting around doing nothing for years about these obvious problems which will only get worse.
>>
>>1235200
>15 - 20 %
Right but Ile-de France concentrate more than 50% of the immigrant population of France. It's not accurate to describe the situation of the country. Also most statistics about religious and racial identities are difficult to compare since they often have very different definitions about who is muslim or not. (Self-referenced / Actually going to mosque...) Some even take the national origin of migrants to label them as muslims (a french of Moroccan descent is automatically mudslim) to artificially pump the number to claim they are too many.
Judging by tone of the article and its caricatural description of and being a sociologist who has studied in Paris and Lyon and now living in Schaerbeek (close to Molenbeek St Jean, Brussels), I can tell you this is absolute bullshit. Pure right wing propaganda. But I guess it's pointless to go any further since I'm probably a crypto jew trying to impose cultural marxism on 4chan to enforce Eurabia and racemixing in Europe.
/pol/tard
>>
>>1235230
>Statistics are right wing propaganda
Yeah, it is pointless
>>
>>1235168
>>1235180
t. Achmed
>>
>>1235210
And they still refuse to give Le Pen the time of day.
>>
File: Achmed the 4chan crypto jew.jpg (616KB, 3753x2288px) Image search: [Google]
Achmed the 4chan crypto jew.jpg
616KB, 3753x2288px
>>1235244
Statistics are nothing without being accompanied with the methodology they have been built on.
Also racial and some religious statistics are officially forbidden in France for political and cultural reasons. That's why you don't have real open to public statistics (aka, academic, peer reviewed, with full methodology available) about race and origin of french citizens.
Most statistics on the question are made either by journalists or political parties with limited knowledges on statistical bias.

>Achmed
kek
>>
>>1235034
>>1235033
>racist fairies who never left their area code talk about other countries
Cute
>>
Alright stop debating politics before the thread gets deleted

Are these good hostels?:
https://www.st-christophers.co.uk/paris-hostels
https://www.hihostels.com/destinations/0048/hostels
>>
>>1235291
t. Habib
>>
>>1235052
>horse steaks
You will eventually find a restaurant cooking horse meat but it's rare. It's not a very good meat so restaurant usually don't bother.
You can find some in supermarkets if you really want.
>>
>>1235296
t. Marion Maréchal
>>
>>1235200
>>1235177
>>1235179
OP here and I don't give a fuck about Muslims... wtf is wrong with you people? I'd go to Turkey or UAE if I ever wanted to.
>>
>>1235297
>but it's rare.

The steak, or the number of restaurants serving it?
>>
>>1235169
Most countries don't overestimate their muslim population. Muslims have already reached around 20% in all bigger cities in France, Germany, UK if you look at the people under 30 year old. In some cases they even make the majority for people under 6 years old.
>>
File: 1444679243282.jpg (24KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
1444679243282.jpg
24KB, 375x305px
>>1235343
The horror
>>
>>1235317
The difference is those countries have a Muslim backround, and aren't currently importing en masse a group of people who believe the point of their existence is to erase all traces of the adopting country's culture. The vetting process for refugees is shit and it is attracting the worst Islam has to offer. I am from the Netherlands and I believe it is not as bad as France, but Europe is changing drastically because of the immigration policies and if you don't think so you are blind.
>>
>>1235439
>but Europe is changing drastically because of the immigration policies and if you don't think so you are blind.
I never said I didn't think so. I said I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>1235439
You have little ghetto gulag villages for your immigrants in your country, why do you care?
>>
>>1235462
stop being a prick and embrace a more tolerant and multi racial society, whites will always be the majority in Europe regardless of migration so your argument is void
>>
>>1235294
can't say I know the hostel specifically but usually if you read the reviews online to make sure it has what you need is pretty reliable way get a feel for them.

Also, if you aren't 100% set on hostels you might want to look into airbnbs. You can find really cheap ones in Paris. I got an entire place to myself for around $50 CAD a night, it was tiny but had everything I needed
>>
FOY
>>
File: 1491451976129.jpg (60KB, 648x580px) Image search: [Google]
1491451976129.jpg
60KB, 648x580px
>>1235468
If that was true there would be no cause for alarm. Answer me a question though, if you only put a little bit of Hershey's chocolate syrup in your milk, is it still milk? Or is it chocolate milk? Jewish racemixing propaganda is very effectively killing the white majority of Europe.

>inb4 go back go /pol/

The reason why this is such a popular opinion is because it is true. Educate yourself.
>>
File: 4561413.jpg (63KB, 399x382px) Image search: [Google]
4561413.jpg
63KB, 399x382px
>>1235735
>>
What's the best non-touristy stuff to do in Paris?

Any good day trips besides Versailles that is not Chartes?
>>
>>1235766
Why are you going to Paris, if not as a tourist?
I suppose you could try to insert yourself into a pick-up pétanque game.

Fontainbleau makes a nice day trip.
>>
>>1235179

>"only" 10% muslims

You say this like there aren't millions of hostile anti-French Muslims residing in your homeland. How many terror attacks has France suffered in the last 5 years? We won't even mention the mundane crimes like rape and murder they commit daily.
>>
File: 1491532140540.gif (2MB, 695x392px) Image search: [Google]
1491532140540.gif
2MB, 695x392px
>>1235832
>Millions of anti-french muslims
That's not true. They might be a few hundreds, who knows? And who cares? They're not a political force.
There are around 4 - 5 millions (estimates) practicing muslims in France (7 ~ 8% of the population) and they respect the republic and the law, proud to be french muslims.
The few radicalized elements were french-born lone wolves.
There is no "replacement" of the European population by Muslims, neither by immigration nor by conversion nor by birth rates differentials.
>Criminality
2011: 866 Homicides + Terrorism
2015: 936
2016: 892
I guess you were meme'd by /pol/ and FOX. There is no sociological evidence of a "muslims problem" nor of a "dying culture" or even a population replacement.
You remind me of this french politician claiming France was in trouble with radical muslims because a kid had his butter croissant taken by muslims during the ramadan.

> Da jews
kys
>>
>>1235847
t. Abdul
>>
>>1235854
t. Varg Vikernes wannabe
>>
What's the point of travelling if you are racist/hateful?
>>
>>1235847
guarantee an algerian is behind this post
>>
>>1235847
The "french" muslim youth is mostly fucked. They might not hate, but they surely don't like us.

Btw they're muslim french, not french muslims, their religion is more imporant for them.

You're delusional
>>
>>1235915
He could be a Morrocan or a Tunisian too.
>>
>>1235847
>That's not true. They might be a few hundreds, who knows?
Are you serious?
>>
File: 1487524147115.png (7KB, 681x311px) Image search: [Google]
1487524147115.png
7KB, 681x311px
>>1235847
>There is no sociological evidence of a "muslims problem" nor of a "dying culture" or even a population replacement.
>>
>>1235930
Deal with it faggot. Why does this upset you?
>>
>>1235210
Molenbeek is a district in Brussels.
>>
>>1235938
who care about facts?
>>
>>1235984
You haven't presented any facts beyond being mad that your skin color is no longer the overwhelming majority it used to be. And to that I say, deal with it faggot.

Back to the thread. More Paris activities.
>>
>>1236019
hear hear, refugees welcome :)

so what are your guys favourite way of getting murdered by mohammedans? i prefer the truck squish, seems a lot more lively than the club shooting, and definitely a lot more exciting than the old decap (which i think is pretty passe these days)
>>
>>1235973
I know it's in Belgium -- my point was that those terrorists have operated in both Belgium and France.
>>
File: modern travel.jpg (3MB, 1989x3464px) Image search: [Google]
modern travel.jpg
3MB, 1989x3464px
>>1235893
Au contraire. Travelling has made me racist.
>>
>>1236055
Gonna need some data to back that up.

>>1236265
This is fucking dumb.
>>
>>1235468
What? I was shittalking the dutch guy there. The fuck you going on about? There are literally villages just for immigrants. 10 feet high walls with barb wire around them. They have a school, small store and shit for their immigrants. Those don't leave until whenever and stay there for years. This is not something new btw
>>
>>1236276
What a flawless counter-argument. I'm obviously out of my depth debating with an intellectual heavyweight such as your self. Forgive me senpai.
>>
>>1236292
Your comic is an amazing argument, wow, everybody is speechless. Just print it out and convert everybody
>>
>>1236293
Articulate your argument and stop being a virtue signalling faggot. You're not impressing anybody on this anonymous Taiwanese jam-making board. Are you in favour of a homogenous globalized world where everywhere is the same with the same mix of people?
>>
File: Y7iYI.gif (2MB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
Y7iYI.gif
2MB, 392x500px
>>1235930
>"look at my /pol/ tier graph with no source"
You're just proving my point faggot.
There are no statistics on ethnic or racial origins in France, it's legally forbidden. Keep wanking on your fdesouche bullshit.

>Only a muslim could not hate muslim like we do.
nope, I'm french, white, whisky drinking, Schaerbeek inhabitant, fuck you
>>
>>1236369
30% non-white in France according to INED, the Institut National d'Etudes Démographiques, a public research institute using INSEE data:

A cet égard, le quinquennat a permis quelques avancées, entre autres avec la création d’un Collège de la diversité dans la culture, chargé de repérer « les bonnes pratiques ». Par ailleurs, les membres de ce collège se sont appuyés sur une étude de l’INED (Institut national des études démographiques) qui porte sur les populations d’origine étrangère. En résumant à grands traits, il en ressort qu’en France il y a 30 % de « non-blancs ». Les auteurs de cette étude ont autorisé le Collège de la diversité à communiquer sur ce chiffre, qui devient une sorte d’indicateur.

http://www.lemonde.fr/election-presidentielle-2017/article/2017/03/31/culture-si-l-on-s-en-tient-aux-propositions-on-sent-un-reel-interet-des-candidats_5103810_4854003.html#q8tPBT5ciEeb0qMg.99
>>
>>1236265
This 100% Traveling in the Middle East, Northern Africa, and Central Asia is what made me hate Muslims. What they are doing to the west now is just solidifying it.
>>
>>1236378
Obvious troll is obvious. If anything, travelling in muslim countries often makes you less racist towards them because they are very hospitable.

Travelling can make you racist, but it will make you racist against jews, indians, chinese. You'd know this if you had actually travelled.
>>
>>1236389
Obvious muslim is obvious
>>
>>1236299
Are you in favour of a homogenous globalized world where everywhere is the same with the same mix of people?
I don't give a fuckkkkkk. I don't need traveling to be like a trip to the zoo to see strange exotic creatures. Culture will always be a thing, and it will always be an evolving thing. I would love to visit the Roman Empire but barbarian immigrants killed the culture. Now it's just France and Germany and shit, oh no.
>>
>>1236397
Meant to quote on that first line.
>Are you in favour of a homogenous globalized world where everywhere is the same with the same mix of people?
>>
>>1236389
Shill harder Jafar.

The second part is true though, fuck mainland Chinese, cologne bathed Indians, and most Jews.
>>
File: 1489750648706.jpg (103KB, 640x883px) Image search: [Google]
1489750648706.jpg
103KB, 640x883px
>>1236389
>tfw was not lying at all but saying you have been to countries on a travel board is seen as flexing your e-peen
>>
>>1234848
So is anyone able to offer tips on Paris travel? There is plenty of this kind of political acrimony on /pol/ and here I was just hoping for some lesser known things to do or things to check out.
>>
>>1236572
I've been traveling between Paris and the US since last summer and honestly the most fun I've had is just walking down streets I haven't before and seeing what odd shops I can find.

Get an ice cream at an Amorino, explore the Jardin du Luxembourg gardens, and just take in the sights and architecture. Granted I'm in the Latin Quarter, so most of my exploring has mainly been around that area.

Also depends on your interests. If you're into board games, tcg, or role playing games, there are a few "geek bars" that are pretty neat. The Last Bar Before the End of the World (Le Dernier Bar avant la Fin du Monde) and Meisia (Go for the games, not the drinks for that one). I'm sure there are tons more in Paris that I haven't been to. There's Ernest Hemingway's apartment on Rue du Cardinal Lemoine. (Pretty close to the gardens) See a concert/show at the Grand Rex, or check out one of the many burlesque shows.

One place I haven't been to yet is Montmartre. I think the "Wall of Love" is in the same district. There is also Disneyland Paris.

There's an endless list of things you can do, don't try to rush or cram everything into one day. Take the time to enjoy the experience. I hope you enjoy it.
>>
>>1236596
>If you're into board games, tcg, or role playing games, there are a few "geek bars" that are pretty neat.
I am and that sounds awesome, thanks :). I'll be hitting those up for sure.

How about some bumping night clubs?
>>
>>1234848
Litteraly was just in Paris 5 days ago. Watch out for people asking if you speak English and trying to get you to sign things; they're pick pockets.

Also, there's black guys who'll try to seek you Eiffel towers for 1 euro. Also pickpockets.
>>
>>1236608
I went to Paris last summer as well and hit up a club called O'Sullivan. I think it's by La defense, i can't remember. But i had tons of fun there with friends.
>>
>>1236596
Thanks that's helpful! I'll be there for about 9 days...
>>
I've been to France for about six weeks of my life, so here are some tips: Some interesting areas that aren't as commonly visited include Les Invalides, the site of Napoleon's tomb and a military museum; the newer and more industrial parts of Paris; and Jardín des plantes, a series of museums and gardens including France's oldest operating zoo. Just be careful to avoid gypsy roaches, they're abundant in the city. They will try to scam you or pickpocket you, so stay vigilant at all times. When I went to Honfleur, a Norman town to the north of Paris, a shegypsy tried to steal from my mom's purse when we were in a crowded store. So make sure that you have constant tabs on your valuables, and be prepared to fight off gypsy rats if you have to. Also some poorer parts of the city are full of immigrant niggers who will act like chimps and thieves, so beware those areas.
>>
Alright, listen up OP because I'm about to give you the whole enchilada.

In the past, you would post and ask retards on /trv/ who have never actually been to Paris what to see in Paris. Now what you do is rent yourself an Airbnb with a host who has real good reviews and they will leave you a list of local shit to check out.

Anthony Bourdain said it best about Paris, if you plan too much, your time is going to be fucking awful. Almost the entire point is to show up, immediately get yourself some wine, cheese, and fresh bread, get drunk, eat some delicious ass food, have a beer and a cigarette on a sidewalk patio and people watch for a while.

When night time comes, you would have asked your Airbnb host what to do for nightlife already (or they would've given you a list of places when you meet them), and you go to any one of those things because the host of your Airbnb is overwhelmingly likely to be a local Parisian and knows what the fuck is gucci. Have a fucking good time, speak broken Franglais while the drinks flow with some locals, smoke a pack in the bar/club smoking room with your new found friends because this is Paris and if you're not chain smoking you've got some sort of mental deficiency.

Wake up the following day, spend the morning-mid afternoon seeing some random shit (don't waste your time on waiting in lines for shit because what the fuck did you come here to stand in lines?) that looks dope or just walk around and see whats good. Literally everything in Paris looks cool as hell. Don't buy shit from the north Africans and don't you fucking play any of those god damn Albanian shell games. If some 5'0" gypsy hoe comes up to you and you find yourself signing a petition for the deaf, YOU FUCKED UP by not saying NO BITCH.

Seriously if you can't manage to have a good time in Paris your life is probably shit and you probably suck major ass as a person.
>>
>>1236921
Oh yeah and when you get out of the bar/club at 2-3AM and you're stumbling home or waiting for your Uber, and some motherfucking Albanians come up to you and offer you free entry to their ratchet ass strip club, you say fuck your shit because you're going to pay 20eur for a drink and 100eur for a lap dance, and if you want to fuck her for 20 minutes you're going to be paying 300eur. These are gringo taxes. Of course if you want to feel on some titties and ass for a song and feel 100eur is totally cool because you've got more virginity than sense then go ahead but I warn you this will leave you nowhere when you're drunk and horny as fuck but unwilling to part with $400 to fuck some nasty hoe.
>>
>>1236921
>>1236923
Lol thanks for the tips. I'm positive I'll have a good time no matter what, I just want to make the most of it. I don't smoke cigs tho. I think all the things I want to do don't involve waiting in line. I just want to see the landmarks, some gardens, and hit up a couple museums. The rest will be exploring, shopping, and partying.
>>
>>1236932
You're setting yourself up for a great time my dude.

Yeah don't worry about the smoking that's just a personal thing of mine. I don't smoke back home but in Paris I go nuts and genuinely a shit load of people smoke there for some reason.

I was there three weeks ago and took it way easy and had a great time. The only museum I checked out was the Centre Pompidou because I've been to Paris a bunch before so I've seen most of them but I just fucking love the building itself and the aesthetic of it. They also had a Soviet propaganda exhibition going on which I really enjoyed because my parents were Soviets. Pretty neat.

Here's some off the wall local stuff:

L'Orphée - a hidden bar, apartment door entrance, no signage. Might need to know working French to get in here. Excellent times to be had.

Dans le Noir? - a restaurant in pitch dark. Unique experience. Not for claustrophobes or people scared of the dark or panicattackfags.

Wepler - traditional brasserie with classic French shit.

Marlusse et Lapin - A cool bar. You walk into a Narnia-like closet in the back and enter a room with a bath tub cut in half to sit in, a swing, etc. Pretty cool. Cheap drinks.

Just a couple suggestions.
>>
>>1236921
>everyone has to like the city because i did

you could say the same thing but change 2 things and make it about india and street food or some shit

doesn't mean everyone has to like india
>>
>>1236933
You getting a little crazy for me now buddy.
>L'Orphée - a hidden bar, apartment door entrance, no signage. Might need to know working French to get in here. Excellent times to be had.
Shady as fuck, nope
>Dans le Noir? - a restaurant in pitch dark. Unique experience. Not for claustrophobes or people scared of the dark or panicattackfags.
No problem being in the dark, but I need to see my food.
Others sound cool.
>>
>>1235052

France usually don't eat horse steak it's not very tasty.

It's usually turned into sausage or put into a stew
>>
>>1236957
ah, didn't realize you were this much of a pussy.
ok op, just go see the eifel tower... don't forget your money belt tho xD!
>>
Any tips on bringing wine home to the U.S. from Paris?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.