[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Portugal truly a cheap destination for Americans to visit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: amalficoastcheapvacation.jpg (147KB, 650x464px) Image search: [Google]
amalficoastcheapvacation.jpg
147KB, 650x464px
Is Portugal truly a cheap destination for Americans to visit?

BTW Cheap means airfare and a couple weeks stay for $2,000 USD.

Doesn't seem possible to me but I will consider it, Spain or some place like Sweden or Denmark this Winter.

Any suggestions on where to go what to do there? I literally know nothing of Portugal other than it is the head of the Iberian penis.
>>
>>1234653
>I literally know nothing of Portugal other than it is the head of the Iberian penis.
It wouldn't hurt to read something
>>
>>1234653
I would return with half of that cash. But considering you're an amerifat on /trv/ - double it and you may be fine.
>>
>>1234653
It's a depressed economy with high unemployment. There could be some lower prices for things like rent, possibly, or offseason low occupancy room rates, but not much else, I'd say. Their prices should mirror most of Europe's coastal towns. The deals will be 2 and 3 stars only, I think. 1000/wk is a little over 100/day which is about the minimum without really roughing it or sharing with your mate.

As far as what to do? You're going to just google that. Two weeks is time enough to do everything in the whole country.
>>
>>1234677
In my hometown even the cheapest hotel is unfortunately $60 a day, sometimes more.

I've never been to Europe, aside from hostels, do they have reasonably priced hotels? I need only a clean bed, and bathroom, I don't care about other stuff.
>>
why did you post a pic of amalfi?
>>
>>1234673
Give a Duch guy some tips :^)
>>
>>1234727
alachia was not allowed
>>
>>1234731
bring a tent, learn to hitchhike, don't drink alcohol, learn to have fun from exploration, not from going to the tourist traps
>>
>>1234825
(ah, and since you'd be starting in eu, you wouldn't need to waste that 700$ on flights, so you'd spend a lot less than I stated earlier)
>>
>>1234825
>don't drink alcohol
Why even live?
>>
>>1234837
dunno, maybe for traveling or something
>>
>>1234653
Portuguese here. 2k seems like more than enough, but I don't know how much your flight costs.

Food is cheap if you don't intend on going to fancy restaurants every day, but pretty good.

The cost of housing depends an a lot of things. Are you staying alone? Do you mind staying in a hostel? City or beach?
>>
>>1234837
Fuck that, drink plenty of wine.
>>
File: icelandAir.jpg (350KB, 1024x702px) Image search: [Google]
icelandAir.jpg
350KB, 1024x702px
>>1234849
>Portuguese here. 2k seems like more than enough, but I don't know how much your flight costs.

Prices start at $1,300
t. flyover
>>
>>1234884
yer fucked then
>>
Maybe try to get the cheapest possible flight to Europe. Cheapest you can get (it's usually London). Go from there to your final destination.
>>
File: frozenwineingots.png (25KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
frozenwineingots.png
25KB, 512x512px
>>1234942
>yer fucked then
I was thinking about traveling by train or bus to a hub like Atlanta or Chicago, or even New York first.

>>1234927
> Cheapest you can get (it's usually London). Go from there to your final destination.

The UK is interesting enough that it's worth a visit of it's own, if I went to London I'd probably just stay and check out more of England. Even though Britain is expensive, I bet that if I totaled my costs for two weeks it would probably come out to about the same as a flight from London to Portugal.

On another note, anyone ever used those stopover flights via Iceland? Years ago planes flying to Europe had to stop in Iceland to refuel, now days some still stop there for some reason so if you're visiting Stockholm or something you might be able to spend a night, maybe even two, in Reykjavik. Not sure Iceland is worth visiting for such a quick stop but it's an idea.
>>
Here comes the fucked /trv/ mentality in all it's glory. He can't afford the high standard, so instead of letting go of the shit like hotels,he will just cry there or waste more time to earn more cash

There is the opposite of RealTraveler(TM), guys. And it's just as annoying
>>
>>1234969
It's not that you can't get by in Portugal with 50$/day. But if you have a $2,000 budget you are probably better off picking a closer destination and spending more on your actual stay.
>>
>>1234849
I'll probably be alone. Originally I had planned to go with a female friend and her bf, but he just got his first big-boy job with decent pay so they probably don't need me as much anymore.

>>1234969
I asked about budget hotels mostly just out of curiosity.

I typically stay in hostels now, but the last time I was in Europe It was with family and it was all higher end hotels, at that time I didn't even know hostels existed.

>>1234837
I don't usually drink alcohol, but if there's some beverage that's a big part of their culture I'll try it.
>>
>>1234677
>high unemployment
well, its getting better... fortunately...
>>
As a European... Do you suggest me to go to Portugal or Brazil?
>>
>>1235022
Good question. Bumping
Seems like they offer a lot of the same stuff.
>>
>>1235022
Portugal:
More and better history
Better culture
Very safe
Decent beaches
Kind of cheap
Great wine

Brazil:
JESUS CHRIST THOSE GIRLS
Better beaches
Even cheaper
Lots of caipirinha

That's from the top of my head.
>>
Lol alcohol in Southern Europe is cheap as fuck, don't worry about spending too much on that
>>
>>1235086
>eastern europe
>portugal
Anon, W on your map is for "west" and E is for "east". Sorry to tell you this late
>>
>>1235088
>>
>>1234653
More important question: how does Portugal compare to Spain?
>>
>>1235085
Fuckkk man what about Portuguese women aren't that also banging
>>
>>1235552
Portuguese girls are prudish and it's difficult to get one for a ONS.
>>
>>1235590
But they're gorgeous. I was blown away by how beautiful the women were. They took excellent care of themselves, too.
>>
>>1235590
And Brazilian??? How are they
>>
>>1235787
If you can gf one then good for you. But don't expect to jump into bed with her until she considers you in an actual relationship.

>>1235825
Compared to Portuguese, sluts. And bodies of at least 50% plastic.
>>
>>1235552
They are, but it all comes down to personal taste. I'm used to seeing them so I enjoy a little variety.

>>1235590
You can get one night stands here just like anywhere else in Europe, but you need some skill. It's not like in SEA where you just have to wink.

>>1235825
The thing about Brazilian girls is that they come in every shape and form. I like the blondes with German ascendancy, maybe you're more into the blacks, the natives, or any of the various mixes between these. I'm pretty sure there's someone for everyone. You can always try the ones with dicks.
>>
>>1235085
Portuguese beaches are at the level of brazilian beaches. Both of them are pretty good.
>>1235552
tb h, both portuguese and brazilian women are gorgeous. Find your taste.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.