[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here been to Madagascar? Is it worth the trip?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Flag_of_Madagascar.svg.png (5KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Madagascar.svg.png
5KB, 1280x853px
Anyone here been to Madagascar? Is it worth the trip?
>>
I'm also interested to hear opinions on the place. It's expensive as fuck to get to. Attenborough documentaries make it look like an alien paradise, but looking at google street view it looks sort of 'meh', especially with wonders of the world like Mauritius, Tanzania, and the Mozambique coast right next door.
>>
I was considering it, because I got a free flight to anywhere Delta flies and i believe this is one of their destinations. The main problem is that the place is nice, but impossible to travel to the interior or not-so-touristy areas that people always go to. As far as ancient ruins and culture go, there's these 13 hills, most with tombs on them and offerings, but there's so many layers of respect that you have to show that it's almost impractical.
>>
Go to Mozambique instead. Granted, you don't get *quite* the animal/landscape diversity that Madagascar has, but I guarantee it's more accessible and ultimately a better travel location.
>>
This interests me, too.

I know someone with Malagasi heritage living in Europe who has invited me to spend some time there at their family's place but the flights seem to be expensive as shit and I've never been outside of the North Atlantic region.
>>
>>1234637

bump, need answers
>>
File: MADAGASKAR.jpg (73KB, 726x386px) Image search: [Google]
MADAGASKAR.jpg
73KB, 726x386px
>>1234637
the only people who go there are old french tards to have sex with children there... As you can buy a 12 year old for 10 dollar there.. Local government doesn't care.

the hotels even have signs that it's not allowed to take children with you into your hotel bathroom lol...
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>1237840
>>
>>1234723
The island's natural areas have been pretty brutalized. The few nature reserves left are all small and mostly along the east side, where the terrain makes agriculture, development, and timber extraction too difficult.

>>1235285
Diversity and landscapes are better in Mozambique. See above paragraph. The thing about animals in Madagascar is that, while there are fewer species than on the mainland, pretty much everything there is ONLY found there.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.