[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turkey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: baba double wielding.jpg (78KB, 704x960px) Image search: [Google]
baba double wielding.jpg
78KB, 704x960px
i am planning a trip to turkey in july, would travel to istanbul and then go around looking for historical architecture, nature and random stuff. Looking for suggestions on stuff to do, places to see or avoid (specially for safety reasons), leght of the trip (looking for 1-2 weeks, i'm open to passing by other countries like greece or bulgaria)
>>
You should go to istanbul ;)
>>
Turkey is amazing, Istanbul is amazing.
Pamukkale, Cappadocia, Ephesus...
Spend at least 3 days in Istanbul, although you can easily spend a whole week just taking in all the architure. Aya Sofia is one thing, but you have so much more there. Do not miss going to a hamam.

I did not get the appeal of Taksim (surroundings I likes), so I say, just avoid Taksim. That's where the biggest protests happen. Make sure to take a boat, also cross the Bosporus bridge (there are regular buses going to and fro all day).

I actually enjoyed the modern area too, even though it ain't no Tokyo or New York.

Bulgaria if you also want to check out Soviet era grim. Greece if you need some more water and older architecture.
>>
>>1234481

Just because you didn't get the appeal of Taksim doesn't mean OP should avoid it.

I stayed there for nearly a month and fell in love with Istanbul. Coincidentally, my first trip to Turkey also coincided with the Gezi Park protests in 2013. Despite the tear gas, pepper spray, and loose rubber bullet, I still enjoyed the area and all it had to offer. Sultanahmet and Fatih were just too tame and lackluster in comparison, especially after dark.

Anyway, OP, I second the bits about taking a boat down the Bosporus and seeing the Ayasofya.

Word of caution: buy your boat tickets from the public ferry company at EminönĂ¼, across Galata Bridge and near the Yeni Cami. If you buy "boat tour" tickets from hawkers selling them for $20-$100, you'll get the exact same thing you could have had for $5 and probably on a shittier boat.
>>
The beauty of Turkey is that you can go pretty much anywhere and find interesting shit, assuming you stay away from the Syrian border. Even in a shithole like Kars in the north-east you have ruins, and beautiful old Armenian churches.
>>
>>1234473
Izmir and Istanbul are the only two cities you need in Turkey. My gf is from Izmir and it's honestly in my opinion one of the best, if not the best, city in Turkey. Beautiful place. Very secular as well
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.