[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hats and Travels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: 11929_1764_Brown__T4MO-1__41.jpg (96KB, 1024x1161px) Image search: [Google]
11929_1764_Brown__T4MO-1__41.jpg
96KB, 1024x1161px
Tilley hats, /trv/ approved?

I'm going a month-long horse riding trip in Kazakhstan and later this year hiking arounf SEA. I'm also fairly pale and burn up like hell under the sun even with proper lotion.

So any recommendations on Tilley hats?
>>
>>1234391
For a fellow redhead type, I say you gotta just invest in the UV fabric stuff like the fishing gear from Colombia sportswear. UV vented long sleeve fishing (over)shirt can sub for SPF cream across neck, shoulders, arms...and the breeze enters through the vents in the nicely articulated shoulder seams and around pockets and front closure. This will keep you cool in a tropical climate, quick dry and humidity busting too. There are options for colors. Think of it like an overshirt.

I dare say you need a different kind of hat for both climates. You're going to deal with rain and humidity in one climate, and desert conditions in the other, with possibly very cold nights. It might be tough to get a wide enough brim for horseback sun. I'd look to an australian or cowboy style, not a canadian company for design there. A rope to keep it from flying off and onto the ground, and enough of a brim that shades your ears, chin and neck for low angle sun. Your choice of hat looks pretty for uhh, panama city wear. You might at least want a "cool towel" that you can wet down and tuck under the back of the hat like a yard worker to add some shade and coolness during the heat of the day.

You know you could have glare, so make sure you have some great sunglasses with polarizing and anti glare inside the lens.
>>
>>1234396
>UV fabric stuff like the fishing gear from Colombia sportswear.

I'm black and even I where Columbia clothing and have a Columbia hat when I travel in SEA.
>>
>>1234400
This. Anything blocking most UV, even your coat of sunscreen, keeps you body so much cooler. (Normal fabric is usually SPF10 or less, even less when wet, so it just doesn't cut it). The problem with sunscreen is checking your bag and leaks because of liquids or aerosols or buying some inferior sticky or overpriced local brand choices once there.
>>
>>1234391
>month-long horse riding trip
Just wear a fucking straw cowboy hat. With a broad rim for the sun.
You know how to ride a horse, right
>>
>>1234391
Embrace the cancer, what are you 50?
>>
File: file.png (638KB, 1440x1012px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
638KB, 1440x1012px
>>
Is a 3" brim enough? More?
>>
File: file.png (209KB, 758x758px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
209KB, 758x758px
Or a Filson hat?
>>
File: oct-25-051.jpg (309KB, 1587x1024px) Image search: [Google]
oct-25-051.jpg
309KB, 1587x1024px
>>
File: baseball-cap-6.jpg (113KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
baseball-cap-6.jpg
113KB, 1500x1500px
Just a standard baseball cap for me, thank.
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>1234391
What kind of a question that is, mlady
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.