[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1481472265653.jpg (103KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481472265653.jpg
103KB, 960x720px
Going to Poland next week. What places you suggest to visit? Especially nature stuff
>>
>>1234052
Bieszczady, Góry Izerskie (both are mountains), Wyżyna krakowsko-częstochowska (limestone good for climbing, some caves), Biebrzański park narodowy (swamp), Mazury(lakes). Seaside is very nice (except for the industrial zone of course)
As the cities go - Lublin
>>
>>1234052
where are you from? i took a long trip to poland last year - warsaw, krakow, death camps, etc.
>>
>>1234056
The Polish death camps were really creepy. Unbelievable what those people were capable of. Only visit them with astrong stomach!
>>
>>1234057
bullshit, they are nothing but boring
>>
>>1234060
not to real people
>>
>>1234057
You mean Auschwitz concentration camp?
>>1234056
Lithuania
>>1234055
Thanks anon
>>
>>1234063
there are concentration camps and death camps. auschwitz 1 is a concentration camp, auschwitz 2 (birkenau) which is right nearby is a death camp. many other concentration and death camps around the country - treblinka is probably the other largest. auschwitz has a museum etc., treblinka is more of a straightforward memorial. auschwitz 1 & 2 are definitely worth a visit.
>>
>>1234067
i found that it is necessary to make a reservation to visit auschwitz. You know something about it? Cause i really don't know when i will be there and i am traveling without internet and smart phones.
>>
>>1234075
sure, you must do it. You shouldn't have any problems even if you do it the day before. On the plus side it is free. Remember that you will lose one whole day on this trip - only commuting from Kraków takes over two hours, the tour takes at least two hours as well.
No documents needed, your friend can do it for you.

I still don't get why would you even bother, as you must have seen it all in all those documentaries already, but have fun anyway
>>
>>1234057
>>1234062
>oy vey, 6 billion death camps in Poland are the most terrifying thing in human existence goy!
>>
>>1234052
Where are you from anon?
I am considering of going to visit warsaw for few days during the next week.
Probally going see some nature stuff, history and you know..red light stuff.

>>1234057
Auschwitz was really unique, It was unreal feeling when I visited there some 8 years ago or so.
>>
>>1234094
I am from Lithuania, will be traveling by car

It would be great to visit Auschwitz, but there are no availible places on next Thursday. Bummer
>>
>>1234085
You have to be 18+ to be on 4chan.
>>
File: vuoreja.jpg (2MB, 2285x1522px) Image search: [Google]
vuoreja.jpg
2MB, 2285x1522px
Since you're traveling by car, I'd recommend the Tatra and Pieniny national parks right near the Slovakian border, a short drive from Krakow and Auschwitz. Went hiking there a couple years ago and the views were breathtaking.
>>
>>1234867
>you need to behave like a brainwashed Amerifat child in order to be considered an adult and post on a Kyrgyzstani truck stealing forum
Really made me think
>>
>>1234052
Zakopane is probably the best spot to visit for nature, the highest peak in poland is there, and you can take a huge ski lift up for 60 zloty. Another good spot that's kinda nature-y is the Salt mines outside of Krakow, hundreds of metres under ground and a bunch of really interesting carvings and what not down there.
Wawel castle was stunning. The dragon caves are a cool sight to see.

I just got back from my four day trip to poland and it was a blast. Those trips coupled with Hostel bar crawls at night made for the best experience.
>>
>>1235977
While this anon is not -wrong-, I do feel that there are some parts i have to clarify.
Zakopane is generally in very nice area, but is -horribly- crowded. Its not that bad when you are in actual mountains, but the city itself is so full of kitch and horrible, cheapest souvenir it makes you want to puke.
I kind of think Wawel is overrated, but that might be just me living next to it and being biased. Plenty of stuff to do in and near Kraków tho. Salt mines (Bochnia or Wieliczka) are quite cool, and as for Auchwitz, I do think visiting it once in your life is something you ought to do if you have an opportunity. And I do hate jews as much as a next person.
Wrocław and Gdańsk are both cool and have much more germanic feel to them. Wrocław has the best Zoo in Poland if you are into that stuff. From Gdańsk you can make long trip to Malbork, which is imo nicer than Wawel.
Mazury are nice and if you are into sailing there probably isnt better place in poland than there, also, while still decently popular, it is by no means crowded.
I wouldnt recommend seaside. Cannot think of any place there that would be more worth it than any abroad... Well, Hel could be mildly interesting i guess.
Góry Swietokrzyskie might also be rather interesting, there are some interesting caves down there
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.