[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1463581534491.jpg (3MB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1463581534491.jpg
3MB, 2048x1366px
>19 years old guy
>Canadian
>failed out of uni
>depressed

I have about 11500 Canadian dollars, a laptop, a high school diploma, a Canadian passport, if needed I can get a European passport, and a cell phone, also various other personal effects. I only speak English and a little bit of French. Within the next 6 months I would like to move anywhere that is not here (Canada/North America) and begin working, ideally somewhere in Asia, preferably China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, HK, but I realize those are a bit more difficult.

The only work experience I have is as a cashier for almost two years, at a drug store in which I am still working. I don't have any particular skills that I think I could make a career out of.

Which country can I find work in? In which countries could I get a visa/permanent residence? How would I go about finding work, and would I need to do this beforehand? I don't mind working as a bartender, cashier, office stuff, valet etc. If I have to I can work as a physical labourer but I'd prefer not to. I also don't mind living in a third world country.

I'm prepared to spend the rest of my life there, and I also don't mind being poor. Not slum poor, but a small apartment wouldn't be a dealbreaker. I don't give a fuck about touristy bullshit. Willing to learn the local language as well.

I am NOT a sexpat, I'm half Chinese, before anyone brings that up. I'd just rather be depressed somewhere in Asia than here. My dream is to have a shop and sell shit. Also, I want to live in a city.

I'm truly prepared to leave everything behind. If someone wants to come with and you're around my age (18,19, 20) leave some contact info and we can talk about it.
>>
https://www.internationalteflacademy.com/blog/bid/74176/No-Degree-No-Problem-The-6-Best-Countries-to-Teach-English-Without-a-College-Degree

>I'm half Chinese

How chinese do you look exactly? If you look more Chinese, you might have a hard time getting hired in China to teach English, since they want white people (it's possible though). You also wouldn't have all the fun that people talk about here because you wouldn't be a "white god".
>>
Why is it always the hapas that have mental problems?
>>
>>1233946
It's not because I'm hapa, never experienced racism and there's plenty of Asians here. I'm not a self loathing Asian, neither is my Asian parent. Actually I could have just left the part about depression out but I don't want people telling me why this is a dumb idea.
>>1233944
I'm white enough but I don't really care about being a 'white god'. English teaching is a last resort for me.
>>
Problem with working in Asia: you're either incredibly overqualified, or you're incredibly underqualified.

You can forget working in Mainland China. They don't even treat their own workers humanely. And once you weed out all the inhumane jobs, you're left with fancy jobs that require a degree.

Can't say much about Taiwan.

Japan and Korea generally prefer to hire their own kind. They won't even give their worst jobs to niggers. The only time they prefer foreigners is for foreign language teaching, or showbiz. You've already proven that you're too autistic to qualify for either of those jobs.

Strangely enough, you might be able to land a job in Hong Kong. You won't get any of the fancy jobs, as only full-white or highly educated Asians get those jobs. You could probably get a job as a cashier or waiter, as your competition would be immigrants who speak worse English than you, and old people. Even though English is widely spoken in Hong Kong, you will still be expected to speak Cantonese, which is the harder of the Chinese languages to learn. If you can't even pass your local uni, I don't know how you'll manage learning one of the hardest languages in the world.
>>
>>1233947
I'm not saying that you're depressed because you're a hapa, I am saying that a disproportionate number of hapas happen to have mental issues.
>>
>>1233949
>Even though English is widely spoken in Hong Kong, you will still be expected to speak Cantonese, which is the harder of the Chinese languages to learn. If you can't even pass your local uni, I don't know how you'll manage learning one of the hardest languages in the world.

I'm not worried about learning a language, I didn't fail uni because I was dumb and technically I could still continue if I wanted. It was more that I didn't do well and hated it. The issue with Hong Kong is getting a visa, isn't it really hard? I do have an aunt there but I kind of wanted to go low contact with my family so that's not a great option for me. If I have to though... Also, my money wouldn't go a long way there I don't think.

>>1233950
Fair enough, I haven't seen that in real life but it does seem to be a thing on the internet. I don't really see myself as a 'hapa' mostly because nobody uses that term around here. I just tell people my two halves when they ask.
>>
>>1233941
I din't think you can immigrate anywhere with a high school diploma.
You can try applying for university in China and if you get in, you can use that as a way in to open up a shop and sell whatever interests you. Then take the maximum amount of time possible to complete your degree without getting kicked out to prolong your stay.
>>
File: 1490420302576.jpg (1MB, 1213x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1490420302576.jpg
1MB, 1213x1920px
did you drop out of ubc or sfu hapa

at least you don't have school to keep you where you don't want to be
>>
>>1233955
>I didn't fail uni because I was dumb and technically I could still continue if I wanted. It was more that I didn't do well and hated it.
If you fail out of school you are, by definition, dumb. Otherwise you would have finished the semester gracefully and simply taken your life in a different direction which is what intelligent dropouts do.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.