[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what should i do in austin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1914.png (187KB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1914.png
187KB, 540x301px
what should i do in austin?
>>
get a burger
>>
high dive off congress avenue bridge
>>
hit up a gay bar
>>
sniff some Latina butts
>>
I was wondering, is 6th street fun?
>>
>>1233435
Eat at Stubbs BBQ. Get the all you can eat 3 meat platter. Brisket, pulled pork, sausage. Creamed spinach as a side.
>>
>>1234003
is that the super famous one where people wait in life for hours before it opens?
>>
>>1234010
Its pretty famous but when I went I was seated within like 5 minutes so I cant say for sure. You may be thinking of The Salt Lick, which is also amazing and cheaper. It is also fucking huge and kind of in the middle of nowhere, but always has a line. It is not very far from Austin. I would recommend it for sure if you dont mind the drive. It is also BYOB.
>>
>>1234047
So what is this food like? I'm from New York and we don't really have smoke houses here
>>
>>1233435
Eat. It's a great food town. It used to also be a great music town, but it really isn't anymore. The food is great though. Everything from food trucks to restaurants is pretty good.
>>
>>1235067
I'm not a food critic and it is difficult to describe in words, but it is probably the best BBQ I have ever had. If nothing else, it is worth the trip for the atmosphere. Go and you will see what I mean. Surely you have had American BBQ in your lifetime regardless of quality. If you have had even a shitty example, you will love the food. I recommend the brisket sandwich.
>>
>>1235155
Correction: If you have had even a shitty example and didn't entirely hate it, you will love the food.
>>
>>1235155
I had some really good barbecue ribs in North Carolina but I'm not sure if they were cooked in a smoker
>>
>>1235097
Does Austin have any real Mexican food or is all Tex-Mex or hipster crap?
>>
Austinite here. And I've been a ride share driver for a year, so I know what the fucks going on here

Go Barton Spring, The Barton Greenbelt, Pedernales Falls, Zilker Park, Hamilton Pool

As far as partying, you have the Dirty Part of 6th (near I-35), west 6th, Rainey Street, East Side, and Domain. (I listed these in order of decreasing wildness)

And eat some Barbecue, go check out some food trucks

You could also check out that graffiti wall area

And that's IT. Austin is kind of lame imo
>>
>>1235346
Can you share more about Hamilton Pool? That place looks gorgeous. Is the water warm? Is it clean? Is it a hike to get to? etc..
>>
>>1235334
Tex Mex rules the day. They go crazy over stuff like breakfast tacos and burritos. Beef is king, cheese is all over the place and flour tortillas are more prevalent than masa. And plates come with the side of refried beans and rice. Not my favorite style of Mexican. But jujst because it's the dominant style doesn't mean it's all you can get. I saw a couple places that proudly claimed to do Puebla style food.

That said one of the best meals I had there was breakfast tostadas with refried beans and eggs (with cheese, of course) in a house made ranchera sauce at a place called Texas French Bread. We also had a completely reasonable New American gastropub style meal at the Salty Sow. The milk braised pork butt with white beans, greens and pecorino was the standout dish.

But the food trucks there will have you covered for anything else you want once you've burned out on brisket, smoked sausage and Tex Mex. I had good falafel there, decent Indian and found a truck doing Italian with their own homemade pasta. Do not write off the food trucks in Austin.
>>
>>1235346
>Austinite
>not Austist
stopped reading right there
>>
>>1233435
Hey guys, this is Austin
>>
Oil Can Harry's.
>>
Is Austin's bar scene poppin on weeknights too or just Friday and Saturday?
>>
>>1235583
Aren't there a fuckton of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans in Austin? Usually with that comes plenty of authentic Mex!
>>
>>1237389
eh, not really they have largely been driven out or to the fringes. go to san antonio for that
>>
>>1237389
Not true, the city is about 30% Mexican
>>
>>1237397
meant for

>>1237394
>>
What are the best bars in Austin to go to?

>inb4 list of gay bars
>>
South Congress bridge has one of the largest bat colnies in the world so if you go there at sun set you can watch them fly off. If it's warm enough
>>
>>1237397
yeah and they live mostly on the fringes like above poster said, Austin is by far the most segregated city in Texas. Dallas, Houston and San Antonio offer far more Mexican culture, esp SA.
>>
>>1238116
How can 30% of the population live only on the fringes? That doesn't even seem possible mathematically
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.