[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna be in Europe for work for roughly 6 weeks. I will be in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

Gonna be in Europe for work for roughly 6 weeks. I will be in these cities in order

>Solna
>Oslo
>Herning
>Amsterdam
>Birmingham
>Dublin
>Manchester
>London
>Antwerp
>Lodz
>Frankfurt
>Zurich
>Paris
>Lyon
>Lisbon
>Barcelona
>Rome

Most cities I will have at least 1 day off, some of them 2 or 3. Was wondering what's fun in each of these cities that I can do with limited time.
>>
Why that itinerary? That's a lot of places for 6 weeks.
>>
>>1233487
Like I said its for work. I work in the entertainment touring buisness, this is the European leg of the tour I'm currently with.
>>
File: 1444531770030.png (238KB, 612x528px) Image search: [Google]
1444531770030.png
238KB, 612x528px
>>1233393
>Solna
>>
>>1234608
W-whats wrong with Solna?
>>
>>1233393
>Frankfurt
absoloutely nothing. Why do you americans always go there?
>>
Hahaha fucking Solna
>>
I know Lodz has a relatively interesting art scene, also random old buildings turned into cultural centrers... But like fucking Lodz is so random.
Also lol at Solna.
Eat a good reindeer steak or whatever.

This is a pretty good trip, really. What are you interested in?

Also we may or may not run into each other end of May, our work is likely to overlap.
>>
>>1234787
>>1234815
Is Solna just a shithole or something?
>>
>>1233393
>>1233393
Omg are you Ariana Grande?

Anyway, depends on what you want to see, but I can give recommendations for Antwerp. Cathedral and Rubenshuis are a given, and you can get to the top of the MAS for free for a nice view. Vleeshuis, Steen, Grote Markt etc are all within walking distance as well. Central Station is impressive. St Pauluskerk is a hidden hem with one very cool feature I've never seen elsewhere. Can go into more detail if you tell me what you're looking for.
>>
>>1234877
As much as you may want to believe that Ariana Grande posts retarded pepes on 4chan no I'm not her. But yes I am on her tour.
>>
>>1234877
Also thanks for the advice in Antwerp. I do think those old cathedrals are awesome though.
>>
>>1233393
Lodz. Fucking Lodz.
You visit one city in Poland and you choose this? For what goddamn reason?
I mean, I understand that places like Kraków are enjoyable mostly for people interested in classical touristic stuff and you might find it lame if you like the other things.

But fuck, Lodz is just a huge factory, with remains of even bigger factory, which collapsed leaving tens of thousand unemployed people who quickly formed enormous pathology and degeneracy.

Man, visit Wrocław, Poznań, Gdańsk, Lublin. Those are fine if you want something less typical than your everyday tourist
>>
>>1235062
>reading comprehension

I didn't choose a single city I listed, its all for work. I know nothing of Poland other than pierogis but apparently this collapsed factory has some kind of arena or venue of some sorts for a pop concert.
>>
I'm Danish and I can assure you that Herning is nothing of interest. The venue that she is going to play at is literally one of the few things that Herning is known for, lol. It's not an industrial shithole or anything, so if you're from a country/culture that's quite different from Denmark, you might enjoy seeing a normal Danish city. If Herning is one of the places where you have a few days off, you might want to go to Aarhus, that's just like an hour away with public transportation.

Why are you given days off in each city? I thought they'd want to pack up and get going as fast as possible when on a tour like that. Also, do you hang out with Ariana Grande?

>>1234608
>>1234787
I just googled Solna and apparently it's basically right outside of Stockholm, so why are you all making it seem so bad? Like on Google Maps I can see that there's literally just 5-10 km max between Solna and Stockholm. Based on what I've heard about Birmingham, I'd dread going there more
>>
>>1235092
shit, I missed the bottom line of your post. My bad, sorry.

Since you have no choice... well there was that movie in which they wanted to portray pre-war Warsaw. They filmed it in Łódź (sic). So just walking around should give you the idea of what Poland looked like quite some time ago. Just go for a ton of pierogi I guess. And ogórki kiszone (although it may be hard to find them in a good quality. Check the marketplaces)
>>
>>1235095
A lot of pop artists actually don't do more than 2 nights in a row, too much work for them or some shit lol. Rock and roll bands go at it a little harder, they will generally go 3-4 nights in a row before you get a day off. Most I've done on this tour is 2 days on and 1 day off, sometimes 2 days off even. For the most part though its been 1 day on 1 day off.

I say day off but its not really a full 24 hours I have off in each city. Part of that "day off" is travelling between cities. There will be cities where I will have more time off to explore and some where most of my free time is eaten up by travel. But we're never actually playing two cities back to back.

And no she doesnt hang out with the crew lol. She really doesn't even acknowledge your existence, even when she is in catering eating with everybody else she doesn't look or talk to anybody except her table of friends. Her eyes are generally glued to her phone, average millennial but with the ego of famous person as you could completely expect. Her band is super chill though.
>>
>>1233393
I live just outside of Birmingham, surprised you're coming to visit I think a lot of people don't know this city exists. Anyway there is a lot to do here depending on what you're interested in, if you're into football you could check out the Aston Villa or Birmingham City football grounds, if you're into cricket check out the Edgbaston Cricket grounds (1 of the best cricket stadiums in the country).

If you like chocolate check out Cardbury world.

If you like art check out the art gallery, if you like history go there too, I think they have the Staffordshire hoard still and they usually have something historical going on.

I can also let you know where to go party if you're into clubbing.

Lots of LOTR stuff as well if you're into that

Usually something going on at the NEC so check out their website before you come.

You might want to check out the library, I'm not sure why but it's become a major tourist attraction, it's a nice library sure but it's just a library.

What is it you're into?
>>
>>1235120
Just read you're on Ariana Grande's tour so of course you're going to the 2nd biggest English city, and you'll be at the NEC anyway for her event. Good news is the train from the city center from Birmingham new street station goes directly to Birmingham International train station and that station is directly connected to the NEC so that's pretty convenient for you.
>>
>>1235111
It must be frustrating to be working for such a talentless and yet entitled bitch. I mean I even like and respect a lot of pop artists, but Ariana Grande... wew.

Do you have any funny/crazy stories? Is she wild between gigs or do you not have any idea at all what she is doing? Are you all travelling with trucks? Busses?
>>
>>1235111
The first rule of fight club...
>>
>>1235127
I'm not really a fan of her music but she is undoubtedly a good singer and actually sings well live so I wouldn't call her talentless. Entitled? Hell yes.

The gear goes in trucks, the rest of us all in buses. I have no idea what she does between shows. I know she doesnt stay at the same hotels as us.

>>1235133
?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.