[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

going to krakow for a week in june, got any recommendations of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: krakow.jpg (429KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
krakow.jpg
429KB, 1280x854px
going to krakow for a week in june, got any recommendations of what to do? also any good pubs/clubs you can recommend?
also thinking of taking a train to warsaw to stay for a couple days, is this worth it?
>>
Don't.

I thought Poznan was nice until I had my back tyres slashed, and a parking ticket - while parked 100% legally.

Poles are fucking savages, don't let appearances decieve.
>>
File: Krakow.jpg (323KB, 1200x699px) Image search: [Google]
Krakow.jpg
323KB, 1200x699px
>>1232986
Going in July too, so bumping
>>
>>1232986
Don't go to Warsaw, it's not that pretty and there is barely anything to see there. You should visit Wroclaw instead.
>>
>>1232986
Krakow citizen here. I highly recomend not so spend much time around the main square. Choose Kazimierz district instead. There is so many pubs there it would be next to impossible to tell which is the best. However if you are a beer person like me I could recommend the "Tea Time" (on Dietla st.) or "Ursa Maior" (Plac Wolnica). My favorite place in Kazimierz is "Via Caffe" though (next to "Ursa Maior") but I can't really explain why. There is nothing special about that place. They do have some good beer from Wrocław and really nice coffie. When it comes to food: Burger Corner (Wawrzyńca st.) - great burgers, Zazie Bistro (afordable and very good french), MR Vincent (exellent pierogi on Bozego Ciala st.). On the main square: "Tap house" (Sw. Jana st.) for beer and "Smak Ukraiński" (ukrainian cuisine on Grodzka st.) - ask for Żarke (beef stew), it's amazing.
>>
If you are intrested in th history of the place at all I would recomend to visit the museum under the cloth hall in the main square, The castle (obviously) and the aviation museum (who wouldn't like to see some old soviet killing machines). If the weather is nice you can have a walk to and around Kopiec Kosciuszki (it is an old post Austrian Fortyfication with a earth mound in the centre of it. There is a museum in t and a viewpoint for Krakow. The fort is surrounded by some forrests, the Zoo, and one of the oldest monasteries in Poland, that you can visit only if you are a male, unfortunately). Fun way to enjoy Krakow is by renting a kayak or motor boat. Or renting a bike and go alongside the river from Kazimierz to Tyniec monastery (almost outside of the City). I can't really help you much about the idea of going to Warsaw. I know it isn't far (2,5h by train) and that they do have some awesome musseums out there, pubs and clubs as well. It's a way bigger city than Krakow. Other than that - Krakow is located close to the mountains so you can always do some hiking or rafting. Hope you'll have fun.
>>
Krakow is really nice and I'm sure you'll love it, but I think a week might be a bit of a long time to be there. But you could go a bit further out to visit Wieliczka Salt Mine, and of course there's Auschwitz. They're touristy but popular for a reason. That's if you want that type of stuff.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.