[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Zealand trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hey guys,
I am traveling to NZ for 13 days and wanted to ask a couple of things:
- Is it possible to make from Auckland to Christchurch via Fraz Josef and Queenstown in 13 days?
- What tourist travel passes would you recommend? I found Intercity, Nakedbus and Kiwi Experience, Nakedbus offering the cheapest.
- What mobile pre-paid SIM card would you recommend? As for tourist, the largest amount of mobile data is the top importance. So far, Vodafone 3GB/200Min/200txt for $50 looking the most value.
>>
>>1232726
I think the general rule of thumb is if you're going for 2 weeks and under you should probably just stick to 1 island.

I'd imagine this is ESPECIALLY the case if you're taking busses instead of renting a car.
>>
>>1232726

I would recomend to rent a car if possible.
You are more flexible.

I also would recomend to do just the south island. Nelson to Queenstown to christchurch and back is okay for 14 days. You could also go to hanmer springs/ Kaikoura if you have some time left.
Auckland to Christchurch by busses is may be feasible, but you would have done anything.
>>
>>1232825
This, I took Intercity around when I was in NZ and followed a similar route. You COULD do it, but you'll be spending a lot of time on the bus and miss a lot. Just getting to the South island from Auckland takes a few days by bus/ferry and that's skipping anything fun on the North Island.
>>
>>1232812
this,
I was in NZ for a week (drove from Auckland to Wellington). We only did the North Island and we barely had time to see everything we wanted to
>>
With 13 days you would have time to do a loop of the South Island. Starting in Christchurch you could visit Mount Cook, Queenstown, Milford Sound, Wanaka, Fox and Franz Josef, Hokitika, Punakaiki Rocks, Arthur's Pass and back to Christchurch. You could also head up to Kaikoura for a night.
>>
OP here, thanks for the replies.
So you'd suggest for me after landing in Auckland, spend some time there and then fly to Christchurch and then take the south island loop? Or would northern island loop would suffice? I've heard that southern island has beautiful nature, which is nice. Unfortunately, I can't drive thus can't rent a car
>>
>>1233049
New Zealand doesn't have great cities so no need to spend too much time in them. I would head down to Christchurch and do a South Island loop.

You should choose a bus pass that includes Milford Sound and Mount Cook. The InterCity 'Circle the South' looks good for the amount of time you have. It costs extra to add Mount Cook but totally worth it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.