[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling to Melbourne solo in a couple of weeks for about a week.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.adapt.1663.medium.jpg (205KB, 1663x935px) Image search: [Google]
image.adapt.1663.medium.jpg
205KB, 1663x935px
I've never travelled solo before.

Any Melbourne bros (or travellers) know the best places I can stay and have some ideas for fun stuff I can do while i'm there?

Are the backpackers places in the CBD area decent?
>>
>>1232653
Go to frankston or dandenong to experience authentic Melbourne.
>>
stay anywhere near the CBD alternatively have hear St killed has some decent hostels.
My one piece of advice is to google the Melbourne circuit and do it. if not at least got to revs for 10 or 20 hours
>>
>>1232673

>east side thinking theyre top shit
more like sunshine, weribee or st. albans

the aquarium took away its jellyfish that glow in the dark exhibition so i havent gone back since
all northern suburbs before you hit the country are full of indians, turks, lebs and wogs
footscray is full of homos if youre in to that
dont go anywhere near the westgate bridge at night
boxhill is full of gooks if you got yellowfever
clubs are fairly far between each other
dont go west suburbs
east is shit too

to be honest i usually avoid the city cos its full of melbourne hipster faggots and a cunt to drive
in. prefer going north east to eltham, healsville or for a cruise through the great ocean road

where you coming from and when you goin
ill be down there for a month in May
>>
>>1232653
Hire a car and drive through scenic Bourke Street or down the Great Ocean Road.
>>
I've just lived 5 months here in Melbourne. Some of the backpackers in the CBD are good, some are shit. If you're looking for a party hostel go to United Backpackers. Personally I wouldn't stay there because you can go there even if you're not staying there to party. Best hostels from what I hear are Space Hotel and The Nunnery. Personally I'm not a fan of St Kilda and would not recommend staying there but there are a few streets with clubs/bars there so your choice. CBD has more to offer and the central location allows you to visit places like St Kilda if you want to.

What do you consider fun? There's a shit ton to see and do here, you can find all kinds of fun.

I'm leaving Melbourne next week, would have shown you around if you were coming while I was still here. If you're coming from a warmer part of Australia bring warm clothing. It's getting pretty cold here these days. At night it drops down to 8 degrees, during the day it was only around 15 for a few days last week.
>>
>>1232653
Totally depends what you're into. There's always shit on, plenty of house and techno parties. Lots of punk gigs in the north. Best places to hang out are in in the inner north (Fitzroy/Collingwood/Brunswick) for gigs and cafes, Lygon st in Carlton for Italian food, CBD has most of the clubs. if you want cheap food, head to lentil as anything in Abbotsford to pay what you want and hang out at the convent lawn. Check out the NGV International Gallery for a bunch of free exhibitions. Head to the rooftop bar at the curtin house on swanston st or naked in the sky on Brunswick st for great views. if you can hire a car and get down to the great ocean rd, do it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.