[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and my brother and planning on going to Oahu, Hawaii over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (223KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 1024x683px
Me and my brother and planning on going to Oahu, Hawaii over winter break. Anyone know of any hidden Jems or must sees that are unknown to the average person or travel guide. We are really into hiking but have no rock climbing experience so any trails where that is mandatory are out. At least in heights over 5 or so feet of free climbing with no ropes. Also any unique beaches. Thanks in advance annons
>>
Sadly the trail in your picture is closed because it's super old and our state can't afford to fix small things like railings.
If you can get a ride to the top of tantalus loop there is a trail that leads to a network of trails up on the ridges above manoa valley, there are maps and descriptions via google. It's fun to get dropped off and hike around up top and then end up down in the bottom of the valley. Nice views if the clouds open up.
Diamond head is a neat hike through ww2 bunkers dug into the old crater walls. Go early as you can to miss the crowds.
Also note that the rock in Hawaii is not good for rock climbing, very crumbly. The one solid cliff in the state was requisitioned by the army for a training course when it was discovered.
Sorry, not a lot to go on.
>>
>>1232662
Diamond Head was a beautiful walk, although I agree it would have been better if I went earlier to beat the crowds.
>>
File: 12221.jpg (85KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
12221.jpg
85KB, 960x540px
Stairway to Heaven (Haiku stairs) can still be climbed although it's considered illegal. I did it in September last year.

There's one area where the stairs were almost dangling off a cliff and it was one of the scariest moments of my life climbing that part but it's manageable. Unfortunately for me the weather was awful when I went and I didn't have an amazing view like in your pic. Still possibly the best hike I've done in my life.

If you have q's let me know. Pic is mine.
>>
Anyone have any experience hiking olomana ridge? Looks beautiful but idk how dangerous it really is. It's hard to tell from pics and vids. Also definitely not opposed to illegal hikes like the haiku stairs. That was on the top of my bucket list for the trip.
>>
>>1232999
Btw trips
>>
>>1232729
Looks beautiful. Can't wait to take the hike myself
>>
>>1232617
theres really not much climbing in the state. sadly the whole island is so saturated with tourists and people in general its hard to find anywhere thats not crowded with people while out. when i did the haiku stairs, the hike in the picture, it was crowded as hell. when we got to the top, there were easily almost 30 people at the top, plus dozens more we passed on the ways up and down.
>>1232999
olomana can be pretty sketch depending on how muddy it is, because it gets pretty steep. you should be fine. as far as haiku stairs, sometimes cops will hang out and ticket people as they come down from the hike. happened to my cousin.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.