[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I move to Paris as a white British guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1896.jpg (123KB, 710x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1896.jpg
123KB, 710x473px
How can I move to Paris as a white British guy
>>
As a white English guy I have observed the following while living here:

Most female Brits are here because of a relationship with a French guy.

Most male Brits are here because they were moved here by their job.

British people normally don't choose to live here. Except me. But I'm half French, trying to learn the language and i found a school i could work in (I'm a primary school teacher) that has the easiest fucking workload ever.

If i could choose again i would choose a comfier city in France like Nice, Bordeaux or Lyon.
>>
>>1232476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBDxt2aeNng
>>
>>1232476
Do you know any french?
>>
File: Pont.Neuf.original.5580.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pont.Neuf.original.5580.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
First of all, are you wealthy ?
Renting a small studio in Paris costs ~800€ at least. You will also need to give a deposit ("caution") to your landlord of the same amount or maybe a little bit more, and prove that you or someone in your family can have enough money to pay three months of rent with one paycheck IIRC just in case you start blowing all your money in cocaine and prostitutes.

You can also share a flat more easily, it will be cheaper but still be two or three times more expensive than anywhere else in France. Also, be careful of scammers and sketchy people, they are more present in Paris for some reason.
If you are still interested, leboncoin.fr is a good start.

I think you can live in Paris without speaking French well more easily than in other cities, but you will still have to learn it to be comfortable there, and French people suck at English compared to Germans or Scandinavians for example.

As a Frenchfag, I wish I could move to Paris for a while but I'm too poor for that and I know my quality of life will suffer if I still manage to move there.
People there are also more stressed out and don't seem to have the time to do anything except working and getting stuck in traffic jams to go back to their suburbs.
Poorfags are also more angry and vicious there because I think they can witness the lavish lifestyle of the Parisian elite and compare that to their shitty life, so... I don't know, I feel like there is a "eye for eye, tooth for tooth" vibe that I don't like.
And I think it's the same thing in London. If I could move to the UK, I would go to Manchester, Bristol or Edinburgh, not London.
That said, I never spent a lot of time in Paris. I wish some Parisian anons would tell us how it's like from their experience. And when it comes to history, culture, nightlife, etc, it's still one of the best cities in the world.
>>
>>1232676
A little bit, enough to get by. I could learn fairly easily
>>
>>1232686
I'm the poster above. Paris is great. I have no idea why people online rag on it. Fun nightlife with cheap booze if you know where to go (e.g. oberkampf) and loads to do. Also you can relax here, parc buttes-chaument and the brasseries are where i go when i need to chill.
>>
>>1232707
I'm pretty sure Paris is great if you have enough money to settle down there and be comfortable, and I wish I had that.
I just wanted to warn that Brit because maybe he doesn't earn enough to move to London. If he does, he will be alright.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.