[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vacationcraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: 1_hallstatt_austria.jpg (498KB, 1920x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1_hallstatt_austria.jpg
498KB, 1920x1281px
Hey, well-traveled gentlemen.

I am, for better and for worse, trying to create a two-week vacation with my significant other. I know now that I am the trope poster. Anyway. So far, the plan is basically this:

Rome for one week, then somewhere "nearby" for another week. The candidates for the "nearby" portion are Dubrovnik, Croatia; Sardinia, Italy/Corsica, France; or Innsbruck or Hallstatt, Austria. I want somewhere a little out of the beaten path for that second week. We're also American so we neglected to realize that airfare tickets between countries can sometimes be ludicrously cheap. Does /trv/ have any ideas for places to vacation "near" Rome? We've both only been to Europe for a week or in each of our pasts.

I'll dump a few pictures of some destinations that seem to be within about $200 USD from Rome.
>>
File: 1280px-Collage_Cagliari.jpg (339KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Collage_Cagliari.jpg
339KB, 1280x960px
Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy.
>>
Bergen, Norway
>>
Dubrovnik, Croatia
>>
Florence could be cool. I've been a couple times and I enjoyed it.

If you're looking for off the beaten path maybe St-Rémy in France? I stayed there once for few days in the summer and greatly enjoyed it. Super aesthetic place and very relaxed.
>>
>>1232127

Do slovenia. The caverns, the capital, triglav and bled, and you're a beautiful train rid over the hills into rijeka in croatia.
>>
Hallstatt is a day max, Innsbruck maybe 2-3.

Also if you're looking out off the beaten path, don't go to Hallstatt. The whole city is just overrun with Chinese tourist groups all day
>>
What are you guys interested in?

If you like nature, go to Croatia's Plitvice nature park.
>>
>>1232127
Venice is superb. And then you have the option of going to croatia Switzerland or Slovenia ect
>>
OP here. Thanks for coming to my aid here, guys. I know my European geography but jack shit about everything that could make a good vacation.

>>1232140
I've got to say, St-Rémy looks nice. I'm liking its size and its landscape. What all is worth doing near it? Looks like there's some old Roman architecture and it might be in walking distance of the coast?

>>1232354
Thanks for the advice. I see China is literally making a copy of Hallstatt in China. Weird shit. Is there anything truly worth a week or so in the alps?

>>1232352
Everything I see about Slovenia picture-wise looks breathtaking. Bled looks great. How hard is it to get from Italy to Slovenia to Croatia? The trains look a little awkward to do for some reason. Would a flight be better?

>>1232572
Venice sounds good. We were considering doing 4 days in Rome, then a few in Venice, and then our remaining time somewhere in train distance from it. Do you personally have any good experiences in Croatia, Switzerland, or Slovenia?

>>1232458
Our ideal vacation is going to let us do some swimming or snorkeling as well as some mid-stress hiking. Since those are very disparate things, we were considering three destinations over two full weeks (4 days at each location). Plitvice looks great. It doesn't look like we can swim there, but it sounds like a great way to spend time.

Is it possible to do a good vacation, however "you" define it, in two weeks? I know that again I am falling into an American trope.
>>
File: Nuraghe-Di-Palmavera-85800.jpg (218KB, 936x526px) Image search: [Google]
Nuraghe-Di-Palmavera-85800.jpg
218KB, 936x526px
>>1232127
I love Rome, and have done 2 trips so far with it as my first port of call. On the first occasion, I flew on to Valetta, Malta which was a beautiful city, and on the second I went to Alghero in Sardinia. I didn't really know what to expect, but it was an astonishingly lovely place. Porto Cervo is a bit of a billionaires playground, and was probably the only underwhelming place I visited there. If you like a mix of great beaches, a plethora of interesting archaeology and history, superb mountain drives and reliably excellent food, you should pay a visit. The local wine was bloody good too.

Next time it'll be Rome then on to Trieste, somewhere I know little about.
>>
>>1232621
Rome is overrated, don't spend more than 2 days there, there is so much better shit to do in Italy but everyone seems to have a fucking hardon for that shitty Indian slum city

You will likely experience Paris syndrome like I did, I actually had to take a train to somewhere else by the third day because of how fucking boring the city was, all the sights take about a day and are good, but the city itself is trashy and comparable to slums

Instead of somehow spending a week in Rome, where I was warned to never go out at night alone, travel up to Assisi and hang out in that area, Tuscany definitely lives up to its potential

And before all the fucking autistic romefags come out, rome is crowded as fuck, with no sense of trash control, even around the colloseum there was overfilled trash cans and trash flying around everywhere

Shittiest city in Italy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.