[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have a free stopover for anywhere in Europe Where should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1490724413632.jpg (87KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1490724413632.jpg
87KB, 720x1280px
>Have a free stopover for anywhere in Europe
Where should I go?

Better yet, where would YOU go, and why?
Right now I'm thinking about Dublin, London, Paris, and Rome (basic bitch cities?), but I'd really like to hear /trv/'s ideas and suggestions.
>>
>>1232089
Sorry, to be more clear, it's a free stopover due to airline rewards.
I'm planning to spend a week or so wherever I go, though it doesn't have to be all in one city....I just have to fly in and out of the same place.
>>
where is your destination? how long are you planning on staying?
>>
>>1232091
I'm intending to flying to Kyiv, Ukraine and then go to Western Ukraine, Poland, Hungary, and maybe the Balkans.

I can go anywhere in Europe because United offers are free stopover within the same region.
>>
>>1232089
Spain would be my vote
>>
>>1232100
I can give you at least three good options. You can visit Geneva and visit the Swiss Alps in its full glory along with Mont Blanc. If you were to do that, I would suggest seeing Downtown Geneva itself. There's many shops and restaurants to eat at and there's plenty of restaurants that speak English (by plenty I mean enough to fill your needs). Also a beautiful fountain you cannot miss. I could tell you to visit Zurich but I havent been there so I cant tell you much.

Vienna was awesome. There's plenty of amazing architecture and a decent business district with some nice tall buildings. It's not the best for landscape, but if you love forests and maybe even camping, west of the city there are nice places to stop by. Also if you know some German it should help your visit, because the majority of the city speaks it.

Rome is a basic bitch city but it is always an amazing stop. I've been there twice and both times it has been a fantastic experience. I wouldn't turn it down just because you don't wanna sound like a hard tourist. There is so much old architecture in Rome. You won't regret it.

If you don't want to do Rome, Milan or Turin are decent cities to visit. Havent been to Turin myself but it looks great. Also an alt suggestion you can look at is Warsaw if you decide last minute not to drive from Kyiv. Warsaw is my favorite European city besides London and Rome.
>>
>>1232115
By the way if you want more info on Warsaw, feel free to ask.
>>
>>1232115
>>1232116
Thanks for that -- I would really love to visit the Swiss Alps more than anywhere else (especially the Bernese Oberland), but I don't think I have enough money to do everything I'd like over there right now.

I'm actually planning to go to Warsaw in two weeks or so and this is what I have planned for 2.5 - 3 days:
>Old town and Castle Square
>Royal Castle
>Palace of Culture and Science & Palaces (viewing platform)
>Copernicus Science Center (girlfriend says we need to go here)
>Lazienki Park
Probably not enough time, but also:
>Wilanów Palace
>Warsaw Uprising Museum
If I'm in the area-tier:
>Changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
>>
>>1232115
Geneva is shit. It's not worth it to spend more than a day there. Get the hell out of there and to the Alps instead.
>>
I'd hit Switzerland and head out to the countryside and the Alps for a week. That's just me though.
>>
ROME
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.