[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I visit in the U.S?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Traveling-in-America.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Traveling-in-America.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
To go in a bit more depth. I'm from Australia and i'll be working in America over the summer and then will have all of August to travel. I don't have my heart set on anywhere (although I think the grand canyon and vegas are a must) at the moment, so I really just have no idea what I should do.

I'll be working near San Antonio so i'd like to have a few days there, if anyone can recommend some things to see or places to eat there that would be great.

Other than that though I have no idea.
I'd love to see some beautiful nature/national parks but also see the cities.

Honestly open to anything.
>>
Since you've got a whole month, I would suggest renting a car and going on a roadtrip (if you have the money). Set a round trip with your major goals, like Las Vegas, etc. then check out what's between your goals and what might interest you.

Since you want to see Vegas and the Grand Canyon, I'd suggest going further West as well, Death Valley, Yosemite, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Yellowstone, etc.

I wouldn't spend more than 4 or 5 hours driving each day and plan not to drive every day. Usually you don't need to book your hotels/motels in advance, so you can just book a place a day before you arrive and extend/shorten your stay as you see fit. If you like a place, stay a while longer, or move on if you don't like it.
>>
>>1231775
Thanks for the advice mate i'll look into renting a car. I have a mate that may potentially be able to come so that would help with that cost
>>
>>1231736
definitely be sure to hit the South, New Orleans and southern Louisiana are can't miss places

The south will be the nicest and most polite, people down here are proud of their culture and will teach anyone who is willing to learn

also the swamps are fucking beautiful, you really feel like you are in complete nature

There are also other great spots in the South, now try and hit the south near the end of August, it will be cooler and you will be able to experience SEC football

Go tailgating, tell everyone that you are from Australia and put on your thickest accent, and you will guarenteed make a lot of new friends and get a lot of the best food in the world (only at LSU though), most people at the tailgates are drunk and happy so it is almost too easy to fit in.

That way you will experience the truest form of southern culture, trust me on this one,

Also definitely do that at LSU for the best experience
>>
>>1231736
Vegas is a blast, I'm flying home from there today. I don't think I'd want to be here more than three or four days though (gets expensive). Do it over a long weekend: stay in a resort on the strip, drink, gamble, see a show, wander around and look at all of the cool stuff. Then rent a car and go to the Grand Canyon, you can spend some time in the painted dessert, petrified forest, 4 corners area as well. That all together could probably be done in a week or so. Maybe head up to northern Utah or Colorado and go white water rafting. If you wanted to fly somewhere else, I really liked Memphis Tennessee hang out on Beal Street, go to Graceland, maybe turn that into a tour of the South and eat some barbecue. Try to go to a NASCAR race (camp out there, if you can get a spot in the infield its a huge party).
>>
>>1232300
If you do drive to Vegas, you've got 2 major options. Get onto the I40 in New Mexico and get to Flagstaff, Meteor Crater is on the way and not far from Flagstaff. Here you can stop by the Petrified Forest, but you miss PHX.

Or you can take the I10 all the way to PHX and skip the Petrified Forest.

Either way, Flagstaff will lead you to the Grand Canyon. Sedona is 30 minutes South of Flagstaff, a must if you're into BEAUTIFUL nature. Flagstaff also has volcanos and lava tubes to explore.

PHX will be hot in August, but cheap lodging, Vegas will also be hot,
>>
>>1231775
I'm seconding San Francisco. It's an incredible place for sightseeing, food, coffee, and weird stuff.
>>
Thanks everyone for the great advice. I keep hearing the South and San Fran as incredible places to visit. I'm definitely going to look into it, thanks again!
>>
Word of warning as a Houstonian August is going to be fucking brutal in San Antonio and New Orleans. Like you'll want to kill yourself sometimes.

Anyways my rec is to start with a night in San Antonio on the board walk. Road trip to Austin. Stay in Austin for a few days hitting up bars, eating BBQ, outdoors stuff etc. then road trip to New Orleans. You can stop in Houston if you want but there's no must do.

I'd spend 3 days in Nola anymore than that and you'll be wiped out for the rest of your trip.

Head back to home base to reset.

Then next trip would be out west but I'd fly to Denver first. Texas is fucking huge and you'll spend 14 hours just trying to drive out of the state.

Denver, Grand Canyon, Vegas and San Fran would be pretty sweet to finish off your trip
>>
In San Antonio you have the riverwalk which is pretty nice and if it interests you at all there is also the Alamo to see
>>
>>1233296
Brutal heat wise? Where I'm from, in Summer it does get up to 45 degrees celcius (110-115) at times so I'm hoping I can handle it.

What are some must does in New Orleans? Sounds really nice
>>
File: Screenshot (20).png (554KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (20).png
554KB, 1100x619px
>>1231736
Rent a car, follow a similar path. See New Orleans, Nashville, Chicago, San Fran, Grand Canyon, and out west stop by some national parks.
>>
>>1233443
Reddit has a good guide on the New Orleans subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NewOrleans/wiki/index#wiki_helpful_links
>>
>>1232357
>New Orleans
Really the only magical place in America. New York, Miami, and LA are better in the movies. New Orleans is somewhere you will never forget though.
>>
>>1231736
You could drive to Albuquerque, taos, sequoia national park, grand canon, las Vegas, death valley, Yosemite, san Francisco, lake tahoo, salt lake, yellowstone, denver, dallas, austin.
>>
>>1231736
I would highly recommend New Orleans. That place is not just fun, but it has a unique mix of Spanish, French, Caribbean, Southern American and African American culture that doesn't exist anywhere else. It may be run down and crime ridden, and the tourist areas are basically a theme park to alcoholism and last century's music, but the unique culture is still alive there and worth seeing. If you have any interest in music, food or history the place will fascinate you. And the folks there party.
>>
>only one post mentions Yellowstone
Its beautiful and worth the trip.
>>1234259
If you follow this and aren't going to bother going more north in Wyoming I recommend just going through Colorado instead, south Wyoming is bland and boring as shit
>>
>>1232357

Englishman wanting to travel to New Orleans. Are the black women easy to hook up with? I'm guessing college chicks are mad easy.

I sound more Scottish than anything else (Northern English).
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.