[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French Polynesia (Tahiti, Bora Bora, etc.)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: bora-bora-13.jpg (392KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bora-bora-13.jpg
392KB, 1920x1080px
Going to Papeete in October to do an internship,
have flights booked to Bora Bora, Moorea and Huahine.

Did somebody went there and give me some hints on the must do on the diffrent islands?

Also what to do in Papeete.

Thanks for any help.
>>
Bump.

I have leave from work in April and I was interested in visiting this region. Would love to hear about this too.
>>
-sleep late
-go snorkelling and look at fish
-soak up the sun and look at chicks
-get shitfaced and act like a tourist
-???
-lose all your monies!!!
>>
>>1231672
What do you do in a place like this? What cultural or unique experiences do they offer?

All I can think of is this
>>1231720
Which sounds boring as shit and can be done tons of places.
>>
>>1231672
Bora Bora and Moorea (I think) have a day trip called Lagoonarium. I highly recommend you do this. Did it in Bora Bora and it was incredible. You'll be swimming with reef sharks, lemon sharks and hand feeding sting rays amongst others. They had a juvenile nurse shark when we were there which was cool.

They try and sell it to you at the airport at Papeete and it is genuinely cheaper than doing via the hotel. For the love of god make sure you take an underwater camera.

How long are you at Bora Bora for? A few days is genuinely enough. There is virtually nothing in Vaitape by the way, snorkel instead.

Also brush up on your French, the locals are pretty chill but they definitely appreciate you making an effort.
>>
>>1231672
You lucky lucky fuck
>>
>>1232165
Sounds like you lack a good portion of imagination and enjoyment of life.

Pretty sure it is not the same as every other place.
>>
>>1232508
Thanks, will do the Lagoonarium, looks nice.
I have 5 days in Bora Bora, so will do it there probably.
Did you also went for scuba diving? If yes, where did you went for it?

Yeah, french. I have to admit, I do not speak more then a few word, but my travel companion is fluent in it, so I have a translator at least.
>>
>>1232823
5 days is more than enough time. One of the hotels (Hilton maybe) has a turtle breeding area. Look into that.

Every evening there are reef sharks and rays in the lagoon, nothing to worry about if you have an evening swim though. We stayed in an overwater bungalow and the first evening swim was a bit of a shock but all good.

Most hotels can arrange scuba easily.

If you're going to eat outside of the hotels, which I recommend as you'll get bored with their menu there are some good places on the main island. Bora Bora Yacht Club, Bloody Marys, Mai Kai are good but remember where you are as it will cost a bit.
>>
>>1234314
Nice, thank you.
How did you got around? Bicycle, scooter? Did you rent a car?
>>
>>1234416
Where are you staying?

When we booked a restaurant we took the hotel boat over to their dock and a car picked us up and dropped us back after dinner. It's all part of the 'service'. No charge for either - the boats run on a schedule and the restaurant dinner bookings line up
>>
>>1234717
We stay coincidentally in the yacht club.
They probably don't offerr this service, at least I didn't saw anything on their homepage.
But if you want to visit the other place on the island we will probably just rent bikes, seems like they are almost everywhere.

How was Papeete, is there something to do in the evening after work?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.