[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How effective would it be travel from one state to another via bus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: bus.jpg (342KB, 1800x901px) Image search: [Google]
bus.jpg
342KB, 1800x901px
How effective would it be travel from one state to another via bus?
>>
>>1231495
It depends

t. knower
>>
>>1231502
CA to OH
>>
>>1231507
That would suck shit
>>
>>1231495
How effective? Pretty much 100%. If you get on the right bus or series of buses, you are guaranteed to be transported from one state to another.

How pleasant is another matter. It may be a bit of an ordeal. But nothing a human can't survive. I've taken a lot of 6-8 hr interstate bus trips, no big deal. But if I were looking at 20 hours or longer in transit I would fly, no question.
>>
Ive seen commercials advertising direct drives, more space, plugs and wifi. If you dont have one of them you will hate every momet. There will always be a crying baby/kid, trip takes 20x longer than driving, you cant avoid touching the stranger next to you.
A 6hour greyhound trip will make you want to end existance.

Not sure how the new busses are tho.
>>
>>1231495

I havent heard of any busses disappearing while on the road. Some may crash, if you arent hospitalized they will send another bus to pick you up same as if the bus were to break down.
They would probably hook you up with a ticket after being released from the hospital after a crash.

Imo they are highly effective.
>>
I wish there was a market for the luxury buses like they have in Mexico. I'd rather take an 8-hour ride on one of those than a 1-hour flight anyday.

Double decker buses with 3 seats in a row, super comfortable and reclining almost all the way, individual TV screens with lots of movies, and if you get a seat on the side with 2 seats there's never anyone next to you, so you have two nice seats for yourself.
>>
I recently did a 26 hour Greyhound trip from Seattle to.LA. It's doable, but miserable.

With the budget airlines like Spirit and Allegiant expanding so much, I can't see the reason to take such a long bus trip unless there's a medical or legal reason you can't get on a plane.
>>
Take Amtrak. It takes longer but you get to drink booze and walk around. I have never had anyone seated next to me. Late nights on the loung car can be fun.
>>
I was looking at WA to CO and planes were cheaper than trains or greyhound which is insane to me
>>
>>1231605
How much of a difference? Bout a hundred?
>>
>>1231507
I hate to abuse the word "retarded" but youre really asking for it
>>
>>1231607
What's the problem m8?
>>
I took a bus from West Virginia to New York City and I'd never do it again.

> Planning on sleeping the way there
> don't sleep a wink
> they have a movie blaring over the speakers for almost the entire ride
> the bumps and swaying makes it impossible to fall asleep
> guy in front of me lays his seat back so far that he's almost in my lap
> Try to put on headphones and just zone out
> my ass starts hurting about half way through the ride so i have to shift constantly
> Finally get to NYC and the entire time was miserable because I was so sore and hadn't slept any.
> On the ride back I pretty much pass out from exhaustion
> randomly wake up for a few seconds at a time when the bus is making me sway one way or another
> Go stretch when we stop at a reststop and find blood in my underwear
> the ride was so rough it made my asshole bleed
> Get a cupcake and a yoohoo to make myself feel better and silently repeat to myself "NEVER AGAIN"
>>
>>1231526
Friend of mine used to do a weekly commute from some damn where in Scotland to London on a "sleeper bus," with berths where you napped your way across Britain.
>>
>>1231609
Not him, but -- that's going to take for fucking ever and likely be more expensive than flying.
>>
>>1232281
>> the ride was so rough it made my asshole bleed
>> Get a cupcake and a yoohoo to make myself feel better

Ah, the wonder and romance of the life of a /trv/ler.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.