[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stop coming to Barcelona What are your thoughts on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2898.jpg (448KB, 940x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2898.jpg
448KB, 940x626px
>stop coming to Barcelona

What are your thoughts on this?
>>
Forgot the article my bad
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/barcelona-tourism-1.4043864
>>
I didn't enjoy it last time so I won't be going back anyway
>>
>Implying the reason they can't afford to get by is businesses adjusting prices to meet the demands of tourists

>Implying these businesses aren't a huge employer of people in Barcelona and aren't profiting hugely because of the huge labour surplus due to the economic crisis.

>plebs blame people who come to appreciate the culture of their city instead of the policies which have led to the current labour surplus.

Thus we can see from the low level intelligence or integrity of the lower classes that the Spanish Anarchist communes of the 30s were doomed to fail.
>>
>>1230807
Really? What didn't you enjoy exactly?

I find the city to be magnificent.

Just avoid las ramblas.
>>
>>1230809
I lived in Barcelona during 20 years.

From my perspective, having grown up in this town I can say it became a theme park for tourists.

Ofc it's not the fault of the tourist itself but the companies and the greed of some people.
I'm not the GREATEST fan of the current city Council but they have been doing some things that needed to be done and nobody is happy about it.
Airbnb recently started lobbying against the town hall, asking their members in the Town to protest against what they consider a persecution against the "average Joe" who wins an extra money thanks to renting their apartment; but actually in certain neighborhoods the 80% of the apartments are being bought by investors instead of particulars.
On the other hand the hotels, even if they feel satisfied with the policies anti airbnb see their number of beds paralysed in the most juicy neighborhoods.

Another problem are the cruises, not only for the type of tourism they promote (massified destructive fast tourism, basically the McDonald's of tourism) but the environmental impact they have.
We can also complain about the party tourism but that's a classic, so no further explanations needed.

And who suffers all this? The normal citizen who sees the rent is too expensive for them, who can't go to certain bars because they are for tourists, who cannot visit museums because they are expensive... But you know, we cannot complain we eat from the seasonal jobs that tourism gives us.
I guess this is the neoliberal model of tourism we have: aibnb uber...if you're not making money from tourism that's because you're stupid
>>
>>1230823
Cont.

The solution of this mess?
Well in my opinion this tourism issue has 2 problems in it, the touristic problem itself and a labour problem.
The first one has a political solution and the current city Council is taking the right steps
>dissemination of tourism between the different neighborhoods, revitalizing the economy of working class zones
>democratizing the profits of the tourism
>promoting an ethical tourism.

About the labour issue I'm a bit more pessimistic since that would require the workers to organize and start demanding better working conditions and a nation wide plan against tax evasion and corruption.

As >>1230809 says,here there is someone making huge profits, I wouldn't compare it with the 30s since it has nothing to do with the anarchism but he's definitely right when he says the problem is not the tourist (even the worst kind of human being ever, the brit) but the policies that allowed then to come and take the town
>>
>Stop coming to Lisbon

www.lisboa-does-not-love.com/en
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.