[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US eclipse August 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: eclipse.jpg (268KB, 1200x760px) Image search: [Google]
eclipse.jpg
268KB, 1200x760px
What's a good travel destination right on the path of totality? So far I've only been to the US once so pretty much everywhere is good, but Idaho, Wyoming or (eastern) Oregon would be great. Tennessee/Kentucky would be interesting as well.
>>
>>1230541
Some friends and I are planning on hiking the Blue Mountains in eastern Tennessee/Kentucky just before then.

If it wasn't for the hassle involved we'd probably consider spending that time taking a road trip from LA up to Seattle, stopping in the path of totality on the way.
>>
I like Charleston SC but it probably has among the worst weather prospects
>>
Oregon ma fucka. Were having huge parties out here.
Check out Symbiosis it's going to be in Eastern oregon I think
>>
I'm thinking of going to Wyoming or Idaho... Or maybe Oregon.
Haven't done much googling yet, so just gonna bump this.
>>
As far as the eclipse itself goes, in the end it comes down to the weather no matter where I go. But man, it's tough to decide. Idaho/Wyoming might be great to visit at length at some point, so maybe just Kentucky/Tennessee quickly this time?
>>
>>1230733
>Symbiosis it's going to be in Eastern oregon
thank you for letting me know where in oregon to NOT go.
>>
>>1230541
I know it goes Right over Idaho falls, Idaho. when I drove through there last October the radio was already making jokes about the city renting out parks to campers and RVs. Looks I'd think the best bet would be Nashville or Chattanooga, looks like the Smokies are close by, could be cool to be out on the trail during the event as well.
>>
Craters of the moon national monument is in mid Idaho, kinda pretty in a stark way, and might be a little less crowded since it's miles from anything. It would be on the southern edge of the totality. North of there are the mountains and its real pretty, but I've never camped or stayed in the area. It's all listed as national forest land, so there ought to be small campgrounds around, and if not you are allowed to camp on national forest land as long as you are several hundred feet from water. And as a bonus, it's only a days drive to Yellowstone from there.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.