[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portugal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

I'm going to Portugal in a few months and have never been to Europe before. 'm travelling there with my brother and we will be staying a few days in Lisbon before we go south to Algarve to spend a few days there. We might travel to Spain too.

Has anyone who's been to these countries give some general tips or advice? I've heard lots from friends and family who've visited Portugal but I'm curious to hear other people's experiences if they have any.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>1230261
Algarve is shit, it's full of working class British package tourists. Visit the smaller cities around the country, like Tomar, and go up to Porto. Lisbon's a great city to go for a wander and get lost in.
>>
>>1230497
Portuguese here, I support this.

While Algarve has some very nice beaches and views, that and some drunk British jailbait is all it has to offer.

I would recommend exploring Lisbon and Porto, but I'm more of a city guy myself.

Feel free to ask questions.
>>
>>1230554
Im flying into Lisbon this summer, 10 day trip. I planned Lisbon for a few days and then visit some beaches south from here along the coast, but not all the way down to Algarve. Maybe I should travel north instead, and see Porto too? How would you recommend I travel? Rental car? Bus?
also can airbnb work. I plan to stay each place for 1-3 days. Any must see places along west coast? Alot of questions, I know. TIA.
>>
i went to lisbon the last summer
if you go to that zone you cant miss the palace of la pena and the palaces around the city, there are trains to get there and it is full of tourist but it is totally recommended, its awesome
>>
Porto is great, but expect to be pestered by beggars.
>>
>>1230261

Went to Portugal not long ago via Spain and did a week in a hire car, it was excellent - travelled north to south stopping in Porto, Coimbra, Nazare & Lisbon.

Porto will be minimum 2 days to look around, Coimbra only 1 but there are some magnificent Roman ruins nearby at Condeixa a Velha. Same goes for Nazare, it's a nice beach & surrounding landscape. Lisbon is 2-3 days minimum. Nights there are great, lots of locals drinking & partying in the streets downtown but be wary of the moulies, they're a constant presence and should not be trusted, especially not to buy drugs from.
>>
File: vicentine coast.jpg (258KB, 800x1341px) Image search: [Google]
vicentine coast.jpg
258KB, 800x1341px
>>1231371
>visit some beaches south from here along the coast, but not all the way down to Algarve.

That's a really nice plan. In fact I've been wanting to road trip through there with some friends for a while. If you like hiking and backpacking, there are some trails through that zone, but it will be fucking hot in the summer. Otherwise, I would recommend renting a car and going for a very slow road trip. If you enjoy nice beaches and small Mediterranean towns, this is a nice bet. There also much less tourists than in Algarve. Search for Vicentine Coast (Costa Vicentina) if you're interested.

>Maybe I should travel north instead, and see Porto too?

It really is one or the other. Porto is a really beautiful city, but the trip along the coast North isn't really as great as going South. However, if you're more of a city person, you can just do Lisbon+Porto and get there by train.

>How would you recommend I travel? Rental car? Bus?

If you are willing to rent a car, I would do that and slowly go south. If you want to travel between larger cities then trains and buses should work.

>also can airbnb work
I've never tried it here but it should work.

>Any must see places along west coast?
Sines has a nice castle if you'd like to diversify a bit. Porto Covo has become a bit tourist-y but it's still pretty nice and worth visiting. The nicest beaches are further South, bellow Odeceixe. If you get tired of living the beach live you can head to the interior for a day or two. I would recommend exploring a bit as you'll never be more than a few hours away from Lisbon anyway.

>>1231660
Pena palace is very strange but very interesting. If you're in Lisbon you can take the train to Sintra and just spend the day there.

>>1232058
Pretty much.

>>1232143
>be wary of the moulies

It's not the actually black people that will annoy you, mostly gipsies and some Pakistanies. It goes without saying not to buy drugs from someone who offers them to you in the street.
>>
Remember to drink wine and eat fish even if you usually don't do these things.
>>
>>1231660
Sintra is the region you're talking about, and it's definitely worth visiting for a day.
>>
File: Cabo-Sardão.jpg (112KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cabo-Sardão.jpg
112KB, 1024x768px
>>1232324
Nice post.

Out of that pic I'd recc Sines, Porto Covo, Cabo Sardão, Odeceixe, Aljezur, and Carrapateira. I'd also stop in Alcácer do Sal, a bit before entering the Costa Vicentina coming from Lisbon. Sesimbra, as well.
Vila Nova de Milfontes and Zambujeira do Mar are the more crowded places but I'd say they're overrated.

About restaurants, I'd say Azenha do Mar near Odeceixe, Tasca do Celso in Vila Nova de Milfontes, and Tia Rosa in Melides.
But do some more research. I always avoid the ones that look remotely like tourist traps
>>
File: 1466105298406.jpg (289KB, 1046x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1466105298406.jpg
289KB, 1046x1280px
>>1232324
Thank you my man. We will rent a car and travel south.
>>
>>1232427
No problem, I'll keep an eye on this thread if you have any more questions
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.