[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Me Move to Berlin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I know this is a shot in the dark, but how on earth can I move to Berlin? I'm an American 22-year old with a BS degree. I know some German and have a cousin in Berlin. HELP.
>>
>>1229373
Why the fuck aren't you thinking this out more? The best way to do this is to receive a job offer, so you can easily get a visa.

Or you should have studied there to see if you like it, I thought I would love to live in Prague, I've been tons of times, but that was as a tourist, the real city is a lot more rough.

And also why Berlin? It's a fucking shithole
>>
File: 1490314107606.jpg (115KB, 850x617px) Image search: [Google]
1490314107606.jpg
115KB, 850x617px
>>1229375
What kind of jobs will hire an American over a German or European citizen? How would I go about reaching out to them?

I stayed a month in Berlin over the winter-- yes, the winter, of all times of year-- and I still know I want to live there. German culture is rad, and I like the scene in Berlin. It helps that I have some family there, too. Sure, it's a shithole. But it beats living on the East Coast. Fight me.
>>
>>1229378
>What kind of jobs will hire an American over a German or European citizen?

None.
That's because you're a moron.

Look, improve your german and have marketable skills, that's it.

You need experience, just as you would in the USA.

I'm speaking as a Brazilian who moved to Munich.

Should be easier for you to move to Berlin as an American, specially if you have a cousin there.

What's your degree?
Engineering is big in Germany, having chemistry knowledge could help a lot depending on what area you're looking for.

IT scene is strong too.
Being a native English speaker will help you a lot.

If I were on your shoes, I'd try a Master's Degree in Germany before making the move, that could you build your CV and give you the chance to find an internship.

The Humboldt Universität zu Berlin is one of your options if you're ABSOLUTELY certain you want to live in Berlin...
>>
Bump because I'm interested
>>
>tfw just moved back to the US after living in Berlin for 2 years because I thought it was shit

>>1229378
>German culture is rad
Wrong city numbnuts.

>What kind of jobs will hire an American over a German or European citizen?
Absolutely none. They're sick of liberal Americans flocking over. You can't even get a job cleaning up literal refugee shit and piss without a visa/proper papers. It only works for T*rks and Ar*bs because they have family that will pay them under the table
>>
>>1229663
>tfw just moved back to the US after living in Berlin for 2 years because I thought it was shit

Care to expound on why you think it so shit, friend?
>>
>>1229373
get a job with the US government at one of the many military bases. while it probably won't be in Berlin, you can snag something in Weisbaden or Rammstein
>>
Teaching English as a foreign language in language schools would probably be your best bet.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.