[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sick while traveling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

>tfw flu while traveling

Has this happened to anybody else?

Was even suppose to leave yesterday to go to my next stop but this fever makes me not want to do anything so I extended my room by two nights. It's gotten expensive too which fucking blows but I think I would collapse at train station with all my luggage right now. It just sucks, here I am in a cool fucking place and I don't even want to leave bed. I have no appetite and can barely drink water.

Somebody has to have a greentext that makes me feel better after I toss and turn for three hours while having a nightmare.

Hope you're having good health /trv/lers
>>
File: 1420529984860 - Copy.jpg (55KB, 678x384px) Image search: [Google]
1420529984860 - Copy.jpg
55KB, 678x384px
>>1229276
>get stomach bug in India (surprise surprise).
>have to take 7 hour bus trip out of the Himalayas on a local bus carrying all my luggage in my lap
>take a squat with no TP right before the trip
>take 6 imodium and a charcoal tablet and clench
>only stops are in the middle of fields, not even designated streets

I'll never make hard reservations again. It would have been so nice to be able to shit my brains out in a hotel room for a couple of days.
>>
>eat tons of nice food in China
>shit hard bricks
>develop anal thromboid
>every step is pain, even sitting is pain
>suffer through it cause I don't want to waste time that I could spend doing stuff
>walking on the great wall
>suddenly the pain vanishes followed by a feeling of wetness
>blood starts to run down my balls and leg, drippong down my shorts
>probe with a tissue-covered finger
>the whole thing had burst
>jam some tissues between my asschecks, clean balls and leg, carry on

I think it was a good decision to keep going forcing it to burst. Friend of mine had a thromboid and he just lay around at home and it lasted much longer that way.
>>
>90's summer school vacation in Croatia
>tooth goes fucking ballistic one night
>parents find the one 24/7 dentist on an island in Croatia in the 1990's
>assume my parents paid a triple premium because all this happens at night and probably on a weekend but they never quoted numbers, like any cunning politician

take care of those pearly whites
>>
>>1229276
I'm someone who will never be used to traveling.
Whenever i go somewhere not home, i will most likely have elevated body temp, small headaches here and there, and constipating.
>>
File: mcdonalds.png (193KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds.png
193KB, 511x288px
>>1229281
christ this is my worst nightmare, I'll probably never go to India because of it.

I got some sort of cold/flu in Taiwan, was in the middle of the mountains near sun moon lake with a fever curled up in the back seat of our rental car while the girls up front drive around with the windows down. I drank a ton of water, took ibuprofen and slept it off. I was fine after 2 days somehow.

A lot of my friends got stomach sick in peru. My bowels were a little more loose than normal but I was fine.

I usually pay a visit to the american embassy to keep my stomach in order.
>>
I got bad diarrhoea in India. I spent 3 weeks in Delhi instead of travelling anywhere because I had to shit about once every hour.
>>
Don't worry OP, you'll feel like shit for your whole vacation, but you won't remember the sickness once you're home; you'll only remember the good parts. Trust me, been there many times.
Protip: get a flu shot before traveling. American flu vaccines are modeled after the flu present in hot countries, so whether you're in Texas or Thailand, same jab, same strain.

>>1229281
I've been there, bro.
>In Morocco, tryna get to where all the camels and sand are
>Nice Moroccan couple say they can take me there
>4.5 hour drive
>"Do you need to go to the bathroom or anything?"
>"No thank you I am fine"
>half an hour in the cramps start
>like a liquid anaconda in my gut trying to poke the tip of its tail through my sphincter
>drive through a sandstorm
>dodge bandits blocking road
>I'm praying for death, too embarrassed to ask to be let out
>we stop to take photos in barren gravel landscape
>no cover whatsoever
>except one meager little sign advertising a riad
>while they're photographing the horizon I carefully position myself to put the sign in the way of their gaze
>rip off shirt
>I won't go into detail
>wipe ass with rocks
>couple gives me funny look as I get back in car but we drive away happy
>what I left behind is probably still biodegrading to this day, neither fly nor jackal willing to touch it
>>
>>1229340
It was mostly my fault. My BnB host said the water filter combined with it being in the Himalayas would be okay for my stomach. The alternative was walking 20 minutes to a stand around the corner to buy water so I said fuck it. Save that I think I would have been fine.

I try and eat shitty American fast food once every 2 or 3 days while traveling. I feel like dickhead but it really does help the stomach.

>>1229312
>>1229387
holy shit
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.