[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chicago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

So I've been accepted into a college in chicago and im planning to move for 2017-2018

I have a couple questions for all you that live in chicago

>where are the unsafe areas
Ive been told "all of southside" but thats pretty general. I've also google searched it and barley found any help.

>how much trouble will i get into for drugs
Like any other college student, im going to experiment a bit in studies, so are the police strict when catching someone under the influence, or holding

>what are some fun thing's to do and places to go to burn time
Chances are im going to have a shitload of excess free time so i need some things to keep me occupied, im from san francisco so i get that a couple things are "local exclusive" but if you could give me some general ideas that would be great

And lastly
>anything i should know before going

>inb4 chiraq
>>
None of this shit matters. Focus on being social and making friends during the orientation week at your school and everything else will fall into place.
>>
>>1229018
>social

>4chan

Man your expectations are super high
>>
File: Screenshot_20170327-123144.png (399KB, 1080x746px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170327-123144.png
399KB, 1080x746px
>>1229015
>unsafe areas
Pic related is a map of shootings in the city.

The Chicago Tribune keeps a nice page on crimes in the city according to neighborhoods. Google around.

Generally I'm weary of going south of I-55 or west of Ashland Avenue after dark with the exception of a few neighborhoods. But I also know people who've been mugged in Lincoln Park.

>Things to do
Go see a sports game. I'm a Cubs fan so going to a game at Wrigley is a treat for me, but it's also stupid expensive. But White Sox tickets are going to be dirt cheap this year, you can easily grab tickets for less than $10 and burn an afternoon at the ballpark.
>>
Mostly, what >>1229220 said.
South/far south side has super sketchy areas, although they're more "violent" than "endemic drug use and homeless and shitting on the sidewalks everywhere" like the tenderloin in SF. West side is sketchy like the south side, but with fewer african american folk and more hispanic.

Things to do: the lake (when it's not winter), the bazillions of cultural things going on, stuff that the Chicago Reader says is interesting.
>>
don't put ketchup on your hot dog
>>
Bamp
>>
>>1229015
I live on the southside of Chicago.
Are you black?
Are you in a Gang?
Do you act/talk like your in a gang?
If you answered "No" to all of those questions, you will not have any trouble. I know this is 4chan, but do not write me off as "racist nonsense" almost 80% of crime in cook county is black on black.

It depends on the cop. some won't care, some will ruin your life. Just dont be stupid.

Our museums are top notch. The Sears tower Skydeck is amazing, go during a weekday when its not busy though, We also have alot of abandoned buildings, check out the Damen Silos.
>>
>>1230542
He's gonna get harassed at least a bit by the local wildlife kek
>>
In Illinois, being caught with possessing weed is just a ticket. Don't be in the deep south or west side at night (why would you be there anyways). North side and loop is as safe as every other big American city. Also which school are you going to?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.