[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am planning a trip to LA. How much cash do I need to have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (8KB, 367x137px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 367x137px
I am planning a trip to LA. How much cash do I need to have a fun 2 weeks vacation?
>>
>>1228862
>Rent a Car
>Stay one week in LA
>Get the hell out for a week.
Southern california has way more to offer than just LA.
>>
>>1228959
will consider this. But how much should I tak with me. Will 2k$ be enough?
>>
File: Griffith Observatory.jpg (314KB, 1465x974px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith Observatory.jpg
314KB, 1465x974px
>>1229106

Yes $2k should be enough as long as you're smart with your money.

Two weeks in Los Angeles is waay too long. You can see all the main attractions in LA in four or five days if you rent a car. Definitely drive out to other places in Southern California for the remainder of your trip. There’s lots of beautiful nature in Southern Cali.

Things to see in LA:
The Hollywood strip
Griffith Observatory
Venice Beach and the Venice canals nearby
A theme park if you’re into that? Such as Disneyland or Universal Studios. I’m a huge fan of The Simpsons so it was fun walking through Springfield at Universal Studios. Universal Studios also has an impressive Harry Potter town.
Santa Monica pier
Olvera Street

Pic related. I went to LA in January.
>>
>>1228862

When you get tired of LA after 3 days, come to Santa Barbara and spend the rest of your vacation relaxing here. Stop in Ojai on the way up for the afternoon.

Go up to Los Olivos/Solvang while you're in SB and have some wine as well.
>>
>>1229218
>>1229195
You guys are great! Thank you for tips
>>
>>1228862
2k is more than enough, Dont expect too much out of LA desu, its pretty dirty here imho.
Hollywood is aight but I make it an effort not to take visitors there. If you want to do what locals do, Go to Disneyland/Universal Studios. Go hike out somehere Socal has shit tons of places You can even hike around the Hollywood sign but its not all that great. I love Black Star canyon, I would ask around on how to get there because it is kind of a tricky hike and long (4-6 hours)
Maybe go eat some bomb ass food, I used to live in Garden Grove and theres a couple of legit Pho Places I could name or maybe Korean Barbecue . Irvine Park is nice. Santa Monica pier for sure. But yeah worst thing is going to be the traffic for sure, I would honestly stay out of LA as much as possible and go a little more south, visit a beach (Hungtinton/LongBeach)
>>
>>1229195
>astronomy, in Los Angeles
Why do this?
>>
>>1229576
Griffith Observatory is awesome. It's not really used as an observatory anymore cause of the light pollution but they have some great planetarium shows and it's a really great lookout point/park.

OP IMO I'd go to Six Flags or Disneyland instead of Universal Studios. I think that place is a tourist trap the only saving grace for me is that I have friends that work there and I live about a mile away. It's OK to walk around CityWalk though (the area outside).

You could visit Observatory and Hollywood in 1 day, Santa Monica, Venice, and Malibu in another day. Do a hike, theme park, and whatever else and you're at 5 days. I think that would be more than enough. MAYBE check out Chinatown and Little Tokyo if you're into either of those. Thai Town and Jumbos Clown room if that interests you.

For bars I'd check out Davey Wayne's and No Vacancy (it's dressy).

Get some Korean BBQ also. It's supposedly better than Korea's.
>>
>>1228959
Central Hollywood native here. Hollywood Blvd is a meme. Griffith park is great if you want to hike. There are various trails near the observatory. I guess you could check out the LA zoo as we'll, but it isn't of much interest to me personally. There's also travel town if you want to check out some old trains n sheit. It's somewhat near to studio city. There's also the bat caves, Hollywood sign, Lake Hollywood, and sunset ranch horse stables. All of the above are accessible in various parts of Griffith park. Mulholland lookout is kind of cool. It's near Runyon canyon. As you're probably aware there is Santa Monica pier but I personally find Venice to be more enjoyable. If I remember anything else I'll podst more.
>>
I'll be living in the LA beach towns for 12 weeks over the summer. I know very little about the area and know no one. I'd like to do some weekend outings to hike and see some other cities.

Where are the best hiking places in weekend or day travel vicinity? Is it worth it to go to San Diego and San Francisco?

What are some cool lesser known things to do in LA county?
>>
>>1229195
IMO Redondo Beach Pier is more fun than Santa Monica.
>>
Are there any really solid museums in LA or SoCal to visit?
>>
>>1229582
Hollywood native seconding Davey Wayne's and No Vacancy. Great themed bars, though at Davey Wayne's I've had rude bartenders. The same person that owns those opened up a magic themed bar about twenty feet from No Vacancy last month called Black Rabbit Rose. It's super fun, magicians coming up to you for close magic.

If you're looking for food around Hollywood Stout is fantastic, they have a happy hour 4-6 that makes their 13 dollar burgers 6. Also if you're into music at all check out Amoeba Records.

Sunset and Vine is infinitely more interesting than Hollywood and Vine.

Laguna Beach is the best beach area you will see in SoCal. Visit the coves (Shaw's Cove or Crystal Cove for example) and you'll love it. It's a very downlow beach town despite everyone that lives there being insanely rich.
>>
File: 1490663763056.jpg (15KB, 260x350px) Image search: [Google]
1490663763056.jpg
15KB, 260x350px
>>1228862
LA for 2 weeks? Bruh... you can road trip from LA to NY in 2 weeks, there ain't fuck all to do in LA as a tourist besides the standard played out sites like the hollywood stars, uni studios etc. Unless you are huge into exploring food trucks and the LA music scene GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. it's a concrete shithole full of trash and trash people.
>>
>>1228959
>Rent a car

As much as I love the idea of a tourist navigating LA roads for their first time you need to explore outside of LA.
>>
$0

You can be just another homeless.
>>
>crash celebrity party
>meet celebrity
>get loaded together
>sleep @ their crib
>hang around in luxury for two weeks
>for free
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.