[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Airbnb safe or is a ticket to getting robbed and sodomised?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

Is Airbnb safe or is a ticket to getting robbed and sodomised?
>>
>>1228854

mostly safe

used it in US and Thailand without issues
>>
very safe

used in montreal and Paris
>>
>>1228854

So far, safe for me. A friend of mine also rents out his room in San Diego and has never had any issues with guests or anything.
>>
>>1228883
Room or full apartment? I'm heading down to San Diego and looking into accommodations.
>>
Each host has reviews so just pick the ones with good reviews.
>>
Very safe. Toronto, New York and Vienna (Austria) here.
>>
Thanks, folks. I've booked somewhere. Cheers!
>>
Used it all over the US, Japan, Latin American countries, a little in Africa. I've been living in AirBnBs for the last 8mos straight mostly.

Only sketchy spot was a place in Nairobi that had a lazy security guard that would sleep all the time, and a gate you could open yourself.
>>
Why is everyone on this board so paranoid about AirBnB?
>>
>>1229932
because airbnb has been exploited by scumbags to not have any oversight, regulations or laws that they have to abide by, they just buy appartments and rent them out to tourtists under terrible conditions, you can give them a bad review which won't change a thing. uber and airbnb sound good on paper but are shitty in a lot of ways
>>
I've used it all over the US and never had a problem. Spent $30/night for a room in NYC a 15 min bus ride from Times Square. A shitty hotel booked one day in advance would've been, what, $170 at least?
>>
File: GeorgeLucas.jpg (51KB, 646x341px) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeLucas.jpg
51KB, 646x341px
Which countries allow paypal? Don't have a credit card, so I'm not sure how limited I am...
>>
File: wait a sec.png (40KB, 222x172px) Image search: [Google]
wait a sec.png
40KB, 222x172px
>>1230219
You can just use a prepaid credit card for airbnb IIRC.

>>1229932
Shit like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0eTLdQ1cQc
One person has a horror story because 1 person didn't get X like they do in a hotel, or assume to be entitled like Y. It's the same shit with people who go "Oh I don't trust uber/lyft because you never know who will pick you up LOL!" even if it's just about the same shit people perceive it differently.

Seriously 99% of airbnb issues can be solved by just reading the damn site for 2 seconds and crosschecking it with the reviews. I've had a couple walk into a hostel start asking for a private room when the airbnb clearly was labeled as a hostel.
>>
>>1230220
Do they have prepaid credit cards that big??
>>
>>1230221
Some go up to 999.99, usually the fee for the card is more though. Just go to walmart or check amazon
>>
>>1228854
I did it recently in the USA.
Stayed in a super small town the first few nights and the owner of the home was young like us and really cool. Just left us alone and didn't bother us.
The second time we literally stayed in a room in an apartment in the ghetto, the apartment smelled like weed and everything. But the host was cool and again, didn't bother us at all.
>>
File: 58.png (2MB, 1515x1072px) Image search: [Google]
58.png
2MB, 1515x1072px
>>1230220
oh fuck discrimination!
>>
>>1229932
autism
i'd like to but i'm kind of a pussy about it
>>
Never felt unsafe but I did have a guy cancel a place I was going to stay literally an hour before I arrived, leaving me scrambling to find somewhere.

He said his dad was suddenly sick, which is totally possible. However, I suspect he just decided last minute that he wanted to use his vacation pad that weekend and just said that so he wouldn't get any negative repercussions from Airbnb.
>>
>>1230630
remember, that's only ONLY a problem with airbnb. Does not happen anywhere else
>>
>>1229946
>uber and airbnb
>shitty in a lot of ways
kek you know how I know you've never used these things?
>>
>>1230655
Dude I TOTALLY heard from this guy uber was shit! I heard one time some people got into a car and got charged like 1000 bucks during new years, and another time there was this one smelly guy.

Excuse my while I use a taxi with union gridlocks on inflated prices and little competition or reason to keep service quality up because of it who also drive as slow as possible to hike the bill.
>>
>>1230658
Are you ok
>>
>>1230699
pretty obviously sarcasm
>>
>>1230203
Yeah I got a great deal in NYC too. Booked a $90/night place in Hell's Kitchen and had it all to myself, maybe a 10min walk from times square. Similar hotel rooms were $200+.

It's illegal in NYC though, the locals seem to think that something bad will happen to you if you just use it.
>>
>>1230699
are you ok? tightass
>>
>>1230734
Yeah, they like to do whatever it takes to feel better about the rent4life they pay.
>>
>>1230638
Well, it is true that airbnb had a huge problem with discrimination by hosts. I think introducing things like instabook was an answer to that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/09/technology/airbnb-anti-discrimination-rules.html?_r=0
>>
>>1231175
it's not the hosts fault that they're able to see that niggers disproportionately are terrible guests
>>
AirBnB is good in countries that are good. I have used airBnB in Seoul for 7 months to rent a place and stayed in some others. All perfect places with friendly hosts (also good solution for short term renting as this is hell in Seoul).

Tip: Look for good reviews and female hosts.
>>
>>1231181

This. Airbnb now demands you agree to respect all manner of degeneracy or face exclusion. Hence I use Stayz or Homeaway, not just because of the SJW bullshit forced on users but I find their interfaces much better and there is less reliance on using cleaning fees to jack up the per night cost.
>>
>>1229946
I mean, if you can't do proper research before renting an apartment for the night or something, you pretty much deserve it.
>>
My gf and I are driving to idaho from LA this summer and we're staying at airbnbs the entire trip. The place we first night in idaho is a cozy as fuck little cabin right on the snake river. I can't wait.
>>
>>1228854
Just make sure you get a room by someone who is well reviewed.
>>
How expensive is AirBnB usually?
>>
I used it in BKK, rented the flat of some Englishman he was really nice.

Rented his flat for about 3 months and i had no issues at all.
>>
I use it every week, worst of all I've been with some rasta guy who smoked weed and played LoL all day while cursing, I got high with second hand smoke kek
>>
>>1229946
All the problems airbnb/uber have are 10x worse in proper hotels/taxis though
>>
File: 36717856_3031.jpg (35KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
36717856_3031.jpg
35KB, 700x394px
2 years experience as host in a high demand tourist city in Europe here, AMA
>>
>>1232690
ever fucked a guest?
>>
>>1232691
As much as I would have liked to, no
>>
>>1232690
Do you ask for ID? Let's say hypothetically I'm illegal in a country...
>>
>>1232798
I am required to ask for and copy your ID, and feed your data to the police network. It's a matter of national security and I risk jail time if I don't do it. Anyway, Airbnb requires an ID and credit card to use so I doubt illegals would be able to book with me in the first place...
>>
>>1232804
ehm wut
I never gave Airbnb my ID or verified anything other than my phone # or email and just stayed at one in Paris. Nobody ever asked to see any ID.
>>
FWIW this is really really rare. I've been in maybe 50 AirBnBs across the US, Latin America, Africa, and Asia and have never once been asked for my ID, except when I first signed up for the site.
>>
>>1229932
Because it's decreasing rental vacancy and making the few remaining long-term rentals absurdly expensive. I have to live 80km away from the city I'm doing graduate studies in because of those cunts, fuck them.
>>
>>1232950
I'm not in France and I don't know their policies, but it was probably an unregistered one and your host isn't paying taxes
>>
>>1232690
I'm kind a promiscuous female, is it okay for me to fuck someone I just met in my rented room/apartment?
>>
>>1233131
you can fuck me any day mommy
>>
>>1230630
There is no way I'm going to rent to a nigger or faggot. And I am a Broker of Record for a midsized realty brokerage, literally I have hundreds of tricks to prevent niggers from devaluing good neighborhoods.
>>
>>1233233
tell me more
>>
>>1233131
In an apartment out of sight of your host? Hell yes
In a room inside their home? Hell no
>>
How does longer term renting work? Like I want to live in a city for about two months. Is it basically my home for two months? Does the host ever stop by randomly or anything like that? How does cleaning, changing sheets, etc work?
>>
>>1233387
>How does longer term renting work?

Depends on the host, contact them to find out
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.