[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jet Lag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3924.jpg (48KB, 522x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3924.jpg
48KB, 522x249px
Long story short going to Tokyo for the first time to represent my clothing company at a fashion roadshow

I'm going to be there for 7 days total, and I need to be on my A game every day, even fresh off the plane.

Any experienced travelers have tips/secrets for /trv/ or anyone who may be reading this thread?

Share jet lag stories, failures and successes
>>
>>1228244
The day you arrive, don't got to bed until midnight.
>>
>>1228253

So on a 2pm flight from LAX don't sleep on the plane at all, and sleep at 12 Tokyo time
>>
>>1228253
Yep, resist to napping even tho you are super tired. DO NOT GO TO BED until it's local bed time. It's hard especially when you travel eastbound but this nap will turn into a 5h hibernating and royally fuck your body clock up.
I used to chew no jet lag when I was traveling a lot but I can't tell if it really worked.
You could also start adjusting to your destination time a few days prior to your trip, if you have the chance. Every day, wake up 1h earlier than the previous day and try to go to bed one hour earlier too. This way, your brain will accept more easily to wake up at 8 local time even tho it's 4 at your origin.
>>
>>1228253
>>1228297
What about things like Red Bull to keep you awake ?
>>
>>1228298
I personally don't like energy drinks because the crash kills me.

I just get a cup of coffee in-between meals.
>>
>>1228298
>>1228297 here
I never drink energy drinks so I couldn't tell.
But I do drink a lot of coffee (espresso) out of habit, I usually make them double when I need to fight jet lag. More psychological than anything imo.
>>
You can't fix jetlag in one night. For a world competition serious participants would arrive earlier and get used to it.

Instead, say it was an 8 hour difference, I would shift my sleep schedule an hour per day. So about 10 days before, sleep an hour earlier, get up an hour earlier, increase the next day and so on if you can. It won't be perfect, but it'll be less painful.
>>
How long does it usually take you guys to feel "normal" in a trip like one to Asia?
>>
>>1228628
Real damn quick actually, but my sleep schedule is already fucked beyond any measure at home so I'm used to being underslept and going to bed at weird times.
>>
File: Placebo.jpg (20KB, 289x287px) Image search: [Google]
Placebo.jpg
20KB, 289x287px
I used to work at a mom n’ pop shop that sold No Jet Lag. I can assure you 100% it’s a placebo. It’s a homeopathic remedy. In other words, it does nothing. Your best solution is to hold out on your nap no matter how tired you may be and go to sleep during your country’s bed time when you arrive.
>>
>>1228628
Not that long if you're coming from North America, maybe like a day or less. If you're going east it seems to be horrible. When I got back to Austin from Thailand it took around over a week to readjust.
>>
>>1228298
i don't think they have those. but i think caffeine pills are good to use
>>
>>1228261
Stay up at all costs the day before and get to the airport and only sleep on the plane.
>>
>>1228628
It takes about a day per hour of change. For me after about 5 days I felt pretty good going from central US to Japan though. Before then I'd be a zombie after 4PM for the most part.

Ambien is super useful, you can also use the app "Jetlag Rooster" to develop a plan to adapt before arrival too.
>>
>>1228244
set your clock to Tokyo time when you are leaving to the airport. Try not to think about home time.
>>
>>1228628
if i manage to stay awake on the first day then it's all fine on the first day. you get used to it after a few trips. always leave the hotel to go eat on the first day. no alcohol.
>>
>>1231770
Also try to change you sleep schedule before you leave if it's possible. Either go to sleep right after you're done with work, or wake up just before you go to work, or whatever in between is optimal. That way, you will lessen the shock to you system. This may not be possible if your flight time doesn't allow for this. From the west coast, most overseas flights are red eyes, but are a over 10 hours so you can get a good chunk of sleep on the plane. At take off, I adjust my watch to the destination's local time (if there are no transfers I have to make).
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.