[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for final suggestions for my trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

25yo male from the US traveling Solo for the first time. Trying to get in some last minute planning to get an Idea of what I want to see or do when. I will be leaving May 9th for 7 days in Europe. I will be landing in Amsterdam around noon the 10th. Fly out of Amsterdam into Berlin at 9am the 13th. Bus to Quedlinburg Morning of the 14th and come back to berlin the 15th and head home at noon the 16th. Just looking for more ideas to fill my days. Not too big into Art so not worried about seeing art galleries but super historical works could be cool. Im more interested in Military and Cultural history. Not too big on partying and drinking, but a drink is nice every now and then. I travel for experiences not pleasure. Any lesser known spots to see and Ideas for restaurants to check out or places to avoid would be appreciated!

Amsterdam Plans: May 10, 11, 12
- Staying in The Flying Pig Downtown Hostel
- Vrolik museum
- Canal tour
- Red light district (Just to say I was there)
- verzetsmuseum
- nieulandmuseum
- Wynand Fockink Jenever bar
- Possible trip to Haarlem/IJmuiden to see WW2 bunkers on beach if time allows
- rent a bike to enjoy the real bike infrastructure we dont have in the US

Berlin Plans: May 13,15,16

- Staying in Generator Hostel Mitte
- Reichstag
- Museum island
- Berlin wall
- Spandau Citade
- German Historical museum
- anhalter bahnhof
- Berliner unterwelten
- DDR Museum

Quedlinurg plans: May 14 & 15
- Staying at DJH Youth Hostel
- Explore the town and take pictures
- Castle Hill
- Scholoss museum
- Munzenberg museum
>>
File: 000006600x[1].jpg (297KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
000006600x[1].jpg
297KB, 1200x800px
>>1228060
>want to go
>East Kazakhstan olbast, Atyrau oblast
>not Mangystau olblast
God why? Dude, THE ONLY regions in KZ with things have to be seen are Mangystau oblast and some places at south-east border where Tian-Shan is. The rest is truly nothing but boring steppe. Also I'm going to go to Mangyshlak from 28.04 to 9.05 and inetersting in company, one more seat in a car is vacant. If you suddenly gonna join it would be good though. Boszhira in Mangyshlak picrelated.

Why not Belarus but whole Ukraine?
Why not Mordovia lol but not whole Caucasus? What to do, what to see in fucking Mordovia? Russia has tons of worth to visit locations but regions such as Mordovia is a kind of wasted Earth surface.

Weird map, mate.
>>
>>1228073
not a finished map.. Just fucking around with it cause that map is a pain in the ass to fill in with it being seperated into a pillion regions.. This post is about my trip to Amsterdam and Germany
>>
>>1228060
>Wanting to go to BC but not Vancouver Island
m8
>>
>>1228060
>NS but no CB

If i was you i'd rent a car. the real gems in europe are off the beaten paths and out of the tourist traps.
>>
The world's longest pedestrian suspension bridge is currently in the works in the Rappbode valley near Quedlinburg. Might get finished in May if you're lucky.

The Harz mountains nearby are a no-brainer if you're in the area imo but it might be hard to fit into your schedule if you've got less than two full days in Quedlinburg.
The Harz was part of the heavily protected West German - GDR border during the cold war era. There's some pretty cool stuff related to that history like the border open-air musem in Sorge. Would be easy to combine that with a hike to the highest peak of the Harz, the Brocken, which Goethe himself climbed three times.

For Berlin I recommend the Gardens of the World in Marzahn. There's also the concentration camp Sachsenhausen to the North of Berlin if you're into Nazi stuff.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.