[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your help /trv/ I have six weeks in the period between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: karte-0-9011.gif (340KB, 1953x912px) Image search: [Google]
karte-0-9011.gif
340KB, 1953x912px
I need your help /trv/

I have six weeks in the period between August and October

Where should I travel to in Central America? I want to see one or two countries max.

I am fluent in Spanish and don't want to see many US tourists
>>
> don't want to see many US tourists
I'd avoid Panama and Costa Rica then. Belize is also safer than most so has Americans visiting. I would recommend Guate and Nicaragua or El Salvador. Find the other thread on Guatemala here.
>>
>>1228021
Screw Central America, head further south to Colombia and maybe Brazil. The tourist scene is minimal in both (outside of Cartagena and Rio) but the cultures are awesome and the women are unmatched.

Most people can't get as much out of Colombia because no one speaks english there, but if you're an obvious gringo (light hair/eyes) that speaks spanish well you'll have a great time. Get the hell out of the backpacker hostels and meet local girls to hang out with, you'll get a window into a different world.

In Brazil you can get by with Portunhol and again have a great time. Just don't spend too much time in Rio.

To get between the two, go down to Leticia, then take a cab to the Brazilian side and fly to Manaus, then on to wherever once you get tired of the jungle and obscenely easy women.
>>
>>1228089
What people would I see backpacking in Guatemala? Also how much money do you think I'd need for 40 days in the region if I keep it to Guatemala, El Salvador and no scuba diving

>>1228096

I'v already done my big South America trip desu. Actually I stayed in Rio for a month and loved it. I wouldn't mind to return to South America but what would I gain if I'd head down there again just a year later?
>>
>>1228102
Where did you go last time? The countries are quite dramatically different.
>>
>>1228112
Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Para/Uruguay, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia

I'd love to return to Brazil but the weather for the South would be shit and the North and beaches alone are not fun. Sure you got stuff like Belo Horizonte, Brasilia, Ouro Preto and the Pantanal but they don't seal the deal for me. The three countries that don't really exist are way too expensive for me. Venezuela I'd love to go but it's dangerous in the cities and Roraima and Angel Falls would take up an enormous amount of time even though they are perfectly safe. I'd be interested in sailing down the Amazon from Iquitos to Belem but I don't know how realistic that would be. I speak Portuguese too btw. Ecuador has nothing that Peru and Colombia don't have and the Galapagos are again too expensive.

Central America has volcanoes, the jungle, nice islands, maya culture and ruins and just seems more interesting to me right now. Going back to South America would just be more of the same to me, don't you think?
>>
Managua Nicaragua is the place to go nice people friendly but hot
>>
lo recibo en bogota colombia, lo llevo a los lugares mas underground de bogota, cero gringos, gran aventura!!
>>
>>1228119
Yep, I agree then SA would be more of the same again if you're not dying to go back to those places. Central america will be more of an adventure if you don't want to go to SEA/EE/Africa.

Iquitos to Belem is totally doable as long as you don't literally mean sailing. I went to a center for ayahuasca for a week in Iquitos, took a fast boat to Leticia, and some people were taking the slow boat on to Manaus/Belem from there. Personally I just flew to Manaus so can't give feedback on that part.
>>
>>1228160
Well taking a slow boat, according to the Lonely Planet takes four weeks to get from Belem to Leticia including Mount Roraima. I'd be interested in stopping in small towns along the way, but I have no idea how expensive tours in that area are or what you can do. I just loved it when I went to Rurrenabaque in Bolivia
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.