[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

European Honeymoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 138023451.jpg (111KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
138023451.jpg
111KB, 507x338px
Hey /trv/ fiance and I were thinking about taking our honeymoon to Europe. Here's what we have so far:

>Amsterdam
>Paris/France
>panoramic train tour of Swiss Alps
>Venice/Italy

According to my calculations this trip should cost us about 15 grand. Any tips on saving money on travel/food and where to go/what to do? Also how long should I spend in each place?
>>
>>1227845
my wife and i were very satisfied with an amsterdam-bruges-paris trip we took a couple of years back.

in the first two stops we stayed at crowne plaza hotels - good value. in paris, we stayed at a boutique hotel.

used rail to get between cities.

days spent in each city were 4, 3, and 4

we made museums the focus of the trip.. you may feel differently about what is important
>>
>>1227845

If you're going Amsterdam - Paris - Switzerland - Venice, I'd strongly recommend visiting Florence, while you're in Italy. The city is packed with art, beautiful architecture and local romantic trattorias. Definitely not a place just to pass by. Places to visit: ponte vecchio, galleria degli Uffizzi and galleria dell' Accademia. Florence is a pretty small town, so I guess 1 day (early morning to late evening) will be sufficient. If you get hungry gry Bistecca alla Fiorentina or sandwiches at La Prosciutteria.

On the other hand I believe Paris to be immensely overrated. I get the idea that you jest don't fly to Europe and don't see Paris, but jest don't get your hopes up for a great romantic atmosphere.
>>
>>1227845
paris is significantly less romantic than many other places in france
>>
>>1227889
i know but a picture in front of the eiffel tower is worth it
>>
>>1228182
but what if you or your wife falls ill with Paris syndrome? it won't be worth it then will it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
>>
We did Prague-Bratislava-Vienna. Of those Prague was best and only one we'd like to return to.
>>
>>1227845
15 grand for a honeymoon?

How long were you planning to stay? Because there's no way you should pay 15 grand for a honeymoon.
>>
>>1228243
Can confirm, I had an incredible time in Prague. Quite a bit to see/do/
>>
>>1228243
i have done those 3 too. vienna is just as good as prague imho. bratislava is too small
>>
>>1227845
>15 grand.
>Any tips on saving money
lol, yeah. either downgrade your 5 star hotels to mere 3 star ones, or trim the trip from 120 days to 30.
>>
>>1227845
>Switch Amsterdam for Haarlem
>Switch Paris for anywhere in rural France
>Switch Venice for Florence or La Spezia
>>
One word
>Syracuse
>>
File: trump_jpg_2894283b.jpg (54KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
trump_jpg_2894283b.jpg
54KB, 620x387px
>>1227845
>Paris/France
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-v-N435dNI
>>
>>1228242
Having been there many times before, I've gotten reverse Paris syndrome after getting back a week ago.

To paraphrase Donald, I have to go back.
>>
Hijaking this thread for another European trips. Me and my girlfriend really want to go Germany and central Europe. We've been all over Western already but not really in Germany.
Our idea is to go to Munich and around in Bayern. She also really want to go to that famous swan castle.
The plan is to combine Munich with a trip to Prague and stay there since it's really cheap. But I'd like some advice on stops on the way. I'm thinking about going Munich -> Salzburg -> Prague. But I'm not sure if we should go to Vienna or somewhere else instead. The plan is travel by train/bus so it looks like Vienna is a bit out of the way.
>>
>>1227845
Venice is a tourist town on it's own... I don't recommend it, and if you visit it, a day is more than enough.
>>
>>1227845
Vienna is great romantic place. The bitch will love it.
>>
Well i used to tavel last year with a buddy one monts in europe. we traveld only by train and visited Amsterdam,paris,marseille,barcelona,costabrava ,venice,rome, Poznan (poland), austria . We spend 2500 € each in total. the most important thing is to not party a lot. what we didnt manage! :D but yeah just take in low ,dont eat an the restaurant and take your Tend "! dont sllep in hostels
>>
>>1228242
Kek, fuckin japs
>>
>>1227845
You and your new wife should go to Amsterdam and get fucked simultaneously in the ass by trap twins with thyk 8inch cocks.

You can hold hands while it happens, and gain strength from the sharing.
>>
File: europe-map.gif (308KB, 1000x811px) Image search: [Google]
europe-map.gif
308KB, 1000x811px
>>1227845
15 grand? God fuck why does everyone assume that Europe is expensive as fuck?

Anyway for Switzerland a good little swiss town to visit is Adelboden, It's my skiing place, i always stay in the Hotel Baren, it is $80/night, and has a typical swiss feel to it.

I'd recommend Going from Florence, up through Lugano, to Adelboden, staying the night, then heading to Bern before leaving Switzerland, you will get to see PLENTY of the alps.

I'm gonna list some awesome areas that I love
>Prague
>Salzburg
>Anywhere in Bavaria
>Alsace region of France(Colmar, Strasbourg)
>Florence
>Assisi(further down into Italy, but easily my favorite town, very Romantic)

Places to Avoid
>Rome
>Northern Germany
>Paris for more than a full day there

And my last note to you is that me and my brother took a 5 week trip starting in Dublin and ending in Moscow, the pic is our route. It barely costed 9k for both of us.
Red lines are a rough route that we took
>>
>>1228738
you obviously don't know what Paris syndrome is.
>>
This board
>where shall I go and be a tourist?
>not here here or here because they are touristy
>>
>>1230408
While I get where you are coming from, surely you have beard that old saying "be a traveler, not a tourist."

Tourist hotspots have many beautiful sights to offer and they have become so popular for a reason, but much of the experience is diluted in trying to cash in on these hordes. After a significant amount of traffic a place loses authenticity in the process. If that is not your cup of tea, then to each his own, but for a taste of the culture that made that place what it is you often have to stray onto less traveled roads.
>>
>>1229577
> Places to Avoid
> >Rome
Explain pls
>>
>>1230903
It's only worth it to see it for a day
>on different levels of touristy
>trash everywhere
>shittiest people in Italy and I don't blame them
>most of Rome looks like Indian slums
>around the walls of the vatican there are hundreds of fucked up looking people trying to get your money

It's just highly overrated, I loved Florence, Verona, Sicily, and Italy in general, but Rome was just a cesspool of a purely tourist city.

Obiously doing the vatican, St. peters basillica and visiting all the churches is a cool experience, but even around the coleseum all the trashcans were overfilled with trash and it was just blowing around the courtyard

But one of my favorite things that I loved about rome was a sushi restaurant that I actually went back to Rome just for this place, it was an all you can eat sushi place with very high quality sushi, 10/10 wish they had one like that where I live
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.