[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australia tour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2154.jpg (1MB, 3724x2096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2154.jpg
1MB, 3724x2096px
Hallo, My gf and Me are going on a Journey through australia (about 6-8 months). We wanted to Start in Darwin, buy a car there and make our way through the country.
What do you think of Darwin? Good or Not too good Start for Backpacker. We are 22/20 and Start in october/November
Pic unrelated sorry
>>
>>1227783
Darwin is extremely hot all the time pretty much but especially december. there isn't a wrong place to start in Australia really.
>>
Strayan here, Darwin's got a bit of a bad rep but take that with a grain of salt because I've never been there. A good car will run you minimum $4000 AUD so be prepared for that. I'd recommend going south from Darwin through Queensland to Brisbane/Gold Coast, staying in Byron Bay for a while (it's mint during the summer) and then going down to Sydney/Melbourne. The Great Ocean Road is meant to be amazing.
>>
>>1227814
Also, I'd highly recommend a Ford Falcon or Holden Commodore sedan/wagon because there's millions of them in this country so they're cheap as chips to get repaired.
>>
Nice infos thanks guys keep em coming. Yea we thought of a car where we could sleep in, a wagon or just something bigger is def needed.
The route would be Darwin>Alice Springs>cairns> and then down the East Coast. After 3 months get out of the Country to refresh the Visa (new Zealand) After this Melbourne, Great Ocean Road, the South Coast until we reach perth. Should Be doable in 2 3 month periods?
>>
Spend some time in Melbourne. It's not the cheapest, or perhaps the most immediately touristy place, but it's a fantastic place and a great hub for the rest of Victoria. If you like night life, music, food and art it's perfect for all that. Check out the inner North and West. From there, the Great Ocean Road is only a few hours away. Highly advise spending time in the Otways (in winter it's rugged by beautiful, imagine a primordial cold rain forest) and going along the coast to Apollo Bay. The towns in that area behind the Great Ocean Road like Forrest and Meredith are cute and beautiful too. Victoria also has the Alpine Region, about 2 hours east of Melbourne. If you want snow, it's also a great place in the winter, and equally beautiful in summer. Gippsland has towns like Lakes Entrance which are a good starting point for exploring the lakes around there.

Don't go to Shepparton.
>>
File: P1010050.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
P1010050.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>1227783
gonna do a driveing trip around auastralia, forgets tasmania....

poor form.
>>
I'm currently living in Darwin , best time for you to go through Darwin is April to about end of September. That's peak backpacker season/dry season . The other 6 months is a lot more quiet and less back packers mainly cause it's wet season and it's uncomfortable for a lot of people not used to the humidity .

Darwin is the most laid back place in Australia I've been to personally , ( I'm 25 , been in Darwin for 3 years , spent time in Sydney , goldcoast brisbane and Melbourne )

Darwin will be a great place for you to meet other backpackers looking for travel aswell but it will be easier for you if you get before wet season kicks in around end of September
>>
>>1227783
prepare to be thoroughly disappointed with stralia i was there for 7 months with a car and the drive was garbage the entire time, people are annoying and pretty shit cunty.

that great ocean road, i did from melbourne to cairns. fucking shit. like 99% of it. massive waste. dont do it. just go to perth. it was heaps better than anything the country had.
>>
If u make this link viral i go to Australia.

https://premium.easypromosapp.com/voteme/807769/626731441
>>
>>1227783
>driving

Just remember mate that Australia is a fucking huge place. In terms of landmass it's about the same size as the continental US but the entire middle bit is just fucking desert. Leaving from Darwin you can drive 24 hours in a straight line and still not make it to the east coast. So ya know... be prepared.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.