[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guatemala

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: guatemala flag.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
guatemala flag.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
I am going to try and take off tomorrow for a few days. I am thinking Guatemala because it is one of three Central American Countries I have not visited yet. I only have a three or four days I can be gone. The USD goes far. I am going to some standard research tonight, I know last minute, but thought I would throw up a thread to see if anyone had any suggestions or opinions. I have some money to spend so I can book a tour or do an activity.
>>
Guatemalan anon here

Most visited places:
Antigua Guatemala, Tikal, Atitlan lake (Panajachel), Quetzaltenango, Semuc Champey, Lanquin
>>
>>1227254
Another guatemalan anon here.
If you stay in the city I recommend a place called cayala, you can do some canopy there, there are plenty of restaurants and it is a very safe place. The national palace is nice too.

Antigua is a beautiful place(in my opinion) and has a decent nightlife. I think you can ask for tours to climb a volcano there, never done it but have been told it is worth it.

Peten is a most in my opinion. Those pyramids and ruins are underrated.

Panajachel has decent nightlife too.
>>
File: guate2 081.jpg (286KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
guate2 081.jpg
286KB, 1024x768px
>>1227254
Married a Guatemalan here, been many times during different seasons. As you know, now is good, no rainy season.

Bump for Semuc Champey, great water, nice lodging, cave exploring, I think a Japanese traveller drowned there, be careful.

I like Antigua, touristy, but nice to look around, I hear the hike to the volcano is exhausting and is serious. We did hike one volcano, Pacaya, I believe it recently erupted when we went and covered the city in ash, so the hike was somewhat barren and hot(sunny). I'm sure it'd be real nice now. At the bottom, a guy sold some alcoholic booze that was fruity and very tasty, pic related.

Tikal was pretty cool, shitty how fucking locals can't keep from tagging their own shit. You'll probably have to stay in Peten nearby to visit. Good nightlife on the weekends.

I saw Atitlan as a smaller Antigua on a lake, I'd rather do Antigua, but if you like traveling on small boats, go for it. The capital can be a bit dangerous, watch for scum on motor bikes, they'll rob you right from your vehicle. I really like the central market in the city, sorry, don't know the name or directions. A bit touristy, but interesting stuff to see, love the food there.
>>
OP, first thanks to those who responded to help me. I made it down here today, took the shuttle right to Antigua. I had very good lunch at the Monoloco Café near the square. Walked around a good bit checking out the sights.

I will head out a bit later to check out the night life and have a couple of drinks.

I am taking a shuttle to the lake on Saturday and staying a couple of nights in San Marcos Laguna. I will then head back home, as this was just a spur of the moment weekend getaway.

I will have to make it back when I can stay longer and get to Tikal and Semuc Champey. I am climbing the volcano tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again for the tips. It helped.
>>
>>1227742
Enjoy, anon
>>
>>1227742
Sounds relaxing, hope you enjoy. Please share about the volcano, which one?
>>
Okay, Live report from Guatemala.

I spent the morning making my one Jade jewelry piece at a little shop near the square. I was going to buy one, and they asked if I would like to make my own...so I picked a stone, cut off a piece, grinded, sanded, and then polished it. Pretty interesting. The whole thing for the finished necklace was right at a hundred bucks. This will get me laid when I get home, so worth the effort and expense.

After a sandwich I went on the volcano hike. The volcano was Payaca. We had about an hour van ride to the place. Then we hiked up for I guess about an hour and a half. It was decent exercise, especially for someone from sea level.

You are not actually on the volcano itself, but a smaller hill next to it with a good view of the volcano. I thought we would be on the actual volcano but it was still a great view. We stayed until dark and you could see lava shooting out the top of the volcano against the night sky. Pretty cool. We also roasted marshmellows over a hot vent coming out from under the 2014 lava flow. I spent about 30 bucks on the whole thing, so a good value. If you do this, especially the evening one. Wear shoes that can get dirty and stained. Bring a jacket or sweatshirt as it gets cool as the sun goes down, and bring a light of some sort as the walk down was in the dark and a bit sporty.
>>
Alright, me again, I don't know if anyone is coming back to this thread or not....but I know that 4chan is populated with a lot of younger guys that care about the night life and the possibility of hooking if traveling here. Right?

Okay, I am not an expert having only been here a couple of days, but my impression so far is this.

This is not the place you want to come if you are trying to have a fling on your vacation. Not that I have been actively trying, but I have been observing and talking to a lot of people.

The local girls do not speak much English, at least most of them. The culture here seems for the most part more conservative. Meaning the girls are into dating and marriage more than one night stands. Most of the locals I have seen out in bars are couples.

There is a good number of young attractive tourists here, but they seem to be in groups or also coupled up. I am not saying that you can't get lucky or that if you are great looking you will have an issue, I am saying that compared to other countries (like Costa Rica) your odds are much lower, and terrible if you don't speak Spanish.

This is a great place to come for volcanos, jungle, and a less developed feel. If you love nature, views, and relaxing, great...if you are looking for wild night life, and girls gone wild, you should look elsewhere.

Tomorrow I head to the lake, which I am told is occupied by mostly hippy types.
>>
One last thing. I don't want to disrespect any Guatemalans here, and I know that taste is very subjective......but, I find the women here somewhat less attractive than many of the other Latin countries.

There are some stunning beautiful women walking the streets down at the square, but on the average I am going to rank this place a bit lower than others I have visited. Just my opinion.
countries.
>>
thanks for the field report anon
>>
>>1228230
It depends on where are you looking for, and where you are from

>>1228232
Same as above

Once I was in Panajachel in some kind of beach party and there was this gringo trying to get laid to a guatemalan girl. The girl didn't speak english and the american didn't speak spanish. They were kissing all the afternoon and for sure they fucked all the night. So try harder, anon.
>>
Any Guatemalanons here live in/been to Sayaxché? What's it like?

This summer I'll be studying and working abroad in Guatemala and Sayaxché is one of the cities I'll be going to. Never heard much about it, most of what people say about Guatemala has to do with Antigua Guatemala and Quetzaltenango.
>>
>>1227407
Want to meet and hang out in places? You can even stay over at my hotel, if you like to cuddle.
>>
>>1228444
OP here. I am not trying at all, I was attempting to provide useful information based on reading many threads here.

I am old and very average looking.

And once again I am not saying it can't be done, just that would be more difficult here, than say Panama, where English is more common
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.